The last game to make you all warm and fuzzy <3

#1 Edited by intotheminx (691 posts) -

Hello ladies and gents! I recently completed Portal 2 after having it sit in my game library for years. Anyway, after I completed the game I found myself smiling and was getting all warm and fuzzy during the ending songs. Not only did I chuckle time to time throughout the game and had a blast completing each level, but it required me to actually think at times, which gave me a sense of accomplishment after the credits rolled. In a world dominated by first person shooters those feels happen so far and in between imo. I believe that's due to a lack of original ideas from developers, but that's another topic lol.

So my question is simple, what was the last game you played that made you smile throughout and gave you a warm and fuzzy feelin'? lol

#2 Edited by bigdrew172 (1390 posts) -

Ni No Kuni... I spend very little time gaming anymore (hate when life gets in the way) but the game sucked me in and I couldn't help but be charmed by the game. Which is surprising because it deals with some heavy topics.

#3 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13094 posts) -

DiRT 3. ;)

If you like Portal 2 that much... Theres two other simular games.

Quantum Conundrum made by Airtight Games, it was Conceived by Kim Swift, Former Empoyee Of Valve, she had a hand in Creating Portal.

Theneres Magrunner: Dark Pulse, made by 3AM games, Its like Portal, but instead of using Portals, you use Magnets.

Both these games aren't anywhere near as good as Portal, but I'l get them one day. I like the idea and want to reward the effort.

#4 Posted by intotheminx (691 posts) -

@bigdrew172 said:

Ni No Kuni... I spend very little time gaming anymore (hate when life gets in the way) but the game sucked me in and I couldn't help but be charmed by the game. Which is surprising because it deals with some heavy topics.

I never heard of that game until this post..it looks really good. I may have to check it out.

#5 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17162 posts) -

Well I went through Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the billionth time three days ago, and it being the greatest platformer of all time, manages to always make me smile from beginning to end, and yes, feel warm and fuzzy inside too. :)

#6 Edited by mastermetal777 (1613 posts) -

Okami HD. Man, that game is beautiful, incredibly fun to play, and it has that special brand of Japanese humor that I can't resist. Every moment brings a smile to my face.

Also, props to @bigdrew172 for mentioning Ni no Kuni. That game gives me the feels every time I play.

#7 Edited by intotheminx (691 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

DiRT 3. ;)

If you like Portal 2 that much... Theres two other simular games.

Quantum Conundrum made by Airtight Games, it was Conceived by Kim Swift, Former Empoyee Of Valve, she had a hand in Creating Portal.

Theneres Magrunner: Dark Pulse, made by 3AM games, Its like Portal, but instead of using Portals, you use Magnets.

Both these games aren't anywhere near as good as Portal, but I'l get them one day. I like the idea and want to reward the effort.

I dug around for games similar to Portal after I completed the second one and Quantum Conundrum kept coming up. I played the demo and liked it enough to buy it. I'll be starting that one soon, but I must admit the levels are kind of bland compared to other puzzle games.

#8 Posted by Shmiity (5129 posts) -

Maybe Journey? Also, Rayman Origins was very cute and so is Kirby Triple Deluxe

#9 Posted by tonylogan007 (16 posts) -

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

#10 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13094 posts) -

@intotheminx

Yes... Its definately not as good as Portal.... Theres only one game I've heard of that comes close to Portal.... Antichamber.

But the only thing I can tell you about is its on PC, I know very little about it.

#11 Posted by intotheminx (691 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@intotheminx

Yes... Its definately not as good as Portal.... Theres only one game I've heard of that comes close to Portal.... Antichamber.

But the only thing I can tell you about is its on PC, I know very little about it.

I've heard good things about Antichamber, but I prefer puzzle games that have some sort of story. It makes me feel as though I'm working towards something more. That's why I've opted for QC, though I heard the ending is meh. Have you played The Swapper? One of the best puzzle games I've played.

#12 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13094 posts) -

@intotheminx

Nope.... Theres alot of puzzles games I can't play Stupid Me bought a console instead of a PC... :(

I liked the Idea though, Reminds me of one the Upgrades in Darksiders to that allowed you to split your soul into 3 pieces to solve puzzles.... One time I used it to play catch with myself ! :)

I don't need a story to play any game, infact more often than not I actually don't want one. The only Exception is Adventure Games, simply because the story is actually usefull there.

#13 Edited by illmatic87 (15264 posts) -

Battleblock Theater. It's so awesome.

Here's the amazing opening:

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13094 posts) -

@illmatic87

They over played their hand with that opening.... It was HILARIOUS in the beginning but half way through It felt like it was beginning to drag on.... And I'm sitting there with a useless controller in my hand regretting that I may have accidentily wasted $15 on a 2D South Park movie. When it was finaly over I felt more relieved than excited. The rest of the game was pretty damn great though.

#15 Edited by intotheminx (691 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@intotheminx

Nope.... Theres alot of puzzles games I can't play Stupid Me bought a console instead of a PC... :(

I liked the Idea though, Reminds me of one the Upgrades in Darksiders to that allowed you to split your soul into 3 pieces to solve puzzles.... One time I used it to play catch with myself ! :)

I don't need a story to play any game, infact more often than not I actually don't want one. The only Exception is Adventure Games, simply because the story is actually usefull there.

Which console do you have? According to this it's on ps3, ps4, and vita.

#16 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13094 posts) -

@intotheminx

Xbox 360.

Yep, not only did I buy a console, I bought the one Attached to the worst company ever.

#17 Posted by ChuRsiBilLa (114 posts) -

goat simulator i kinda jerked off to that one and after that i had a big smile on my face

#18 Posted by Archangel3371 (15655 posts) -

Kirby: Triple Deluxe for the 3DS brought a smile to my face.

#19 Posted by AgeThe6 (97 posts) -

Rayman Origins

#20 Edited by Behardy24 (4222 posts) -

Maybe those Ratchet and Clank games, possibly black ops 1 if I was playing with an old friend.

#21 Posted by Behardy24 (4222 posts) -

I honestly can't think of too many games. One day I'll surely find it, but probably not anytime soon.

#22 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8959 posts) -

loads

-The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (I keep replaying this game over and over again. I'm doing it right now)

-Pikmin 3

-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

-Super Mario 3D World

-Rayman Legends

I tend to gravitate towards games that are charming and creative so I have no shortage of feeling the warm fuzzies and a sense of excitement from video games.