Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Chillock117
Member since 2014 • 71 Posts

Seriously, this store is one of the worst I have ever shopped in, not only do they have inflated prices but people buy their stock anyway. Today I went in thinking that I might get good deals but was faced with over priced games. Take a gander at these prices:

Call of Duty AW: 45 Pound Xbox 360 and 50 Pound Xbox One

Dragon Age Inquisition: 45 Pound Xbox 360

And there's more, everything is ridiculously over priced, it's insane.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Yeah I agree game a terrible, no idea how they have stayed in business when others failed.

Gamestation were cheaper before game bought them out.

Better value in Grainger games and CEX

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

£29.99 is the max I will pay for a game. This shit of trying to charge £45-£54 = **** right off

I get my games from gaming dragons; much of the time they are under £25.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

I went to the UK for a Trip and even though I don't live there and told the guy at till I did not he was still trying to get buy there membership crap I ended up buying Metro 2033 a year so later instead because I could not be botherd and I left

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

You're not forced to buy them. If you knowingly overpaid, that's on you.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

it's easy for you to say if you live in like a city but if you live in a small town in the U.K you're pretty much with only GAME ( maybe you can buy from Amazon.UK)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@thelordofpies said:

it's easy for you to say if you live in like a city but if you live in a small town in the U.K you're pretty much with only GAME ( maybe you can buy from Amazon.UK)

or any other online retailer

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@thehig1 said:

@thelordofpies said:

or any other online retailer

Exactly.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

They have their problems, yet they sell a bunch of older games for a couple pounds, resurfaced and almost always in mint condition, which no one else does. Best and cheapest preowned games I've ever seen anywhere.

Swings and roundabouts.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chillock117

Yeah there pre-owned games are alright for prices, but newly released stuff are so over priced that you might as well not step into the store. I live in Belfast and there's two places in the entire city I can go for games, and it's Game (UK) and a pawn shop called cash converters that sells mostly junk. Gamestop was the best, and they left years ago, now the only place to get games at proper prices is the internet and you lose the whole searching thing, it lacks the soul of finding something worth searching.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I got Alien Isolation from them the other day for £20, and it was the Ripley edition with the extra DLC missions (which is why I'm up at nearly 5 in the morning, can't play a game like this in the day time). But yeah, don't expect to get a game that's less than 6 months old for under £40 from GAME, in fact it's rare to get a game that new for under £40 anywhere in the UK, we're just a very expensive country.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chillock117

Yeah but did you get that online or in store because prices vary between different games stores across the region. But then again there was a reason I stopped shopping in game, people should be boycotting them since they charge over 50 pound for current generation games (PS4, XBone 1) which is insane considering that people in America pay 60 dollars.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
@chillock117 said:

Yeah but did you get that online or in store because prices vary between different games stores across the region. But then again there was a reason I stopped shopping in game, people should be boycotting them since they charge over 50 pound for current generation games (PS4, XBone 1) which is insane considering that people in America pay 60 dollars.

You can't judge our prices by the USA's, different currency is worth different amounts. Is it fair? Not always, but unless you are going to change our entire economy and boycott anything and everything that costs less in another country you're nothing more than a hypocrite for even suggesting it, and if you did I think you'll find you'd starve to death long before your point was made.

Besides, no one is forcing you to buy games day one, or even from GAME, look at my example, I wanted Alien Isolation, but did wish to pay full price for it, so I waited and got it for £20. Same with Assassin's Creed: Unity, picked it up today for just £25, it doesn't matter where, the fact is if you aren't someone who has to have every game day one, you can get them much cheaper as the prices actually drop reasonably quickly, with the exception of Nintendo.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chillock117

@spike6958 said:
@chillock117 said:

You can't judge our prices by the USA's, different currency is worth different amounts. Is it fair? Not always, but unless you are going to change our entire economy and boycott anything and everything that costs less in another country you're nothing more than a hypocrite for even suggesting it, and if you did I think you'll find you'd starve to death long before your point was made.

Besides, no one is forcing you to buy games day one, or even from GAME, look at my example, I wanted Alien Isolation, but did wish to pay full price for it, so I waited and got it for £20. Same with Assassin's Creed: Unity, picked it up today for just £25, it doesn't matter where, the fact is if you aren't someone who has to have every game day one, you can get them much cheaper as the prices actually drop reasonably quickly, with the exception of Nintendo.

Dude it's got nothing to do with the 40 pound price tag, it's got to do with retailers overcharging products to make up for lost revenue over online sales and from other companies, they push that onto unwary customers who don't know any better.