The Game That Started it All ....

#1 Posted by JamesJoule (184 posts) -

What game(s) that got you into gaming in the first place ?

to me it was red alert 2 and counter strike 1.6 way back when i had a crappy pc .. then due to my pc crappies i kinda left gaming for a while till a new pc has arrived . i had no idea about modern gaming due to my isolation from gaming .. but in 2012 when my new pc arrived i got skyrim as i saw youtube was full of vidoes about it and then it all started ..

#2 Posted by mastermetal777 (2008 posts) -

Me playing Super Mario World at my grandma's house back in the day introduced me to the world of games. It wasn't until I got a PS1 for Christmas and first played Spyro the Dragon that I really started gaming seriously.

#3 Posted by loafofgame (754 posts) -

Farmville. I then went on to play Peggle and Wordfeud, until I finally settled on Solitaire, which is now the only game I play for about 15 minutes every other day.

I'm sorry.

#4 Posted by Treflis (11659 posts) -

Doom at the age of six. Then came Mario Bros 3 and Sonic the hedgehog 2. And then it just progressed from there.

#5 Posted by Gammit10 (2287 posts) -

Pong. No joke. Then either Pac Man or Space Invaders.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15155 posts) -

Some dumb Game.

#7 Posted by Archangel3371 (15954 posts) -

Pac-Man in some pizza place probably.

#8 Edited by harry_james_pot (11093 posts) -

Prince of Persia.

#9 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (683 posts) -

More than likely it was Pokémon blue version.

#10 Edited by blamix99 (2420 posts) -

Super Mario 3

#11 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

Ultima Underworld.

#12 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

PINBALL FTW!! but it was actually Little fighters that started it all for me. I would always beat the shit out of my brother in that game and then he would rage at me and we had lots of arm fights in which I always won.

#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8788 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

Super Mario 3

#14 Edited by MethodManFTW (25923 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII, Diablo (PC), Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, Starfox 64, and Zelda: OoT were probably five of the first ten games I owned.. Makes me wonder how I found these games as a kid.. Especially Diablo.

#15 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23732 posts) -

Combat on the Atari 2600

#16 Posted by Gamerno6666 (2240 posts) -

Duck Hunt.

#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (89767 posts) -

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt when I was 4 in 1989.

25 years... my god.

#18 Posted by Jacanuk (5153 posts) -

The game that really did it for me was Civilization , i can't remember how many hours that have gone into that franchise. i played games before but it didn´t click before that game.

#19 Posted by starwolf474 (780 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 3

#20 Posted by wiifan001 (18447 posts) -

It was games from The Learning Company At first it was like Reader Rabbit, then games such as Midnight Rescue and Treasure Cove and Treasure Galaxy

Pokemon Red / Blue got me into the world of Nintendo back in '98 and I stayed purely a Nintendo fan up to 2011.

#21 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (881 posts) -

I don't even remember what my first game was. I'm going to assume it was Super Mario Bros. on the NES because it's the oldest one I remember playing.

#22 Posted by Macutchi (4198 posts) -

hard to say exactly. i remember stuff like pong and space invaders on the spectrum but i think it was the "next" gen of games that really got me hooked - games like paperboy, outrun, gauntlet, chase hq, ghosts and goblins etc. and then of course around that time there was the nes and master system with games like mario, donkey kong, alex kidd and castle of illusion.

sigh... good times

#23 Posted by alim298 (1814 posts) -

NES was my first console and the first game on it was Mario obviously.

#24 Posted by GarGx1 (2997 posts) -

Interstate 595 console in 1975

#25 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16908 posts) -

The game that really got me into gaming was Ocarina of Time. I remember my brother getting it for a birthday one year and I was enthralled watching him play. Then I started my own file and fell in love with gaming.

#26 Posted by coasterguy65 (6116 posts) -

Tennis for the Magnavox Odyssey. (Basically Pong, before Pong was invented)

#27 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

We had an Atari 2600 when I was a kid, but nothing was as memorable and motivate me to play more than Super Mario brothers for the NES.

#28 Edited by watchdogsrules (474 posts) -

need for speed hot pursuit 2 and need for speed underground 2.

#29 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

Duck Hunt with the Light Gun

#30 Posted by ivo_ree (103 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis

#31 Posted by pyro1245 (1003 posts) -

Sonic 1 I guess

#32 Posted by Planeforger (15929 posts) -

Ultima 6. Possibly also Loom, and the original Prince of Persia.

#33 Edited by Fezzinator101 (231 posts) -

@ivo_ree said:

Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis

This.

#34 Posted by missannie88 (10 posts) -

gunbound, generals, ghost recon

#35 Edited by dakan45 (18638 posts) -

wolfenstein doom fallout 2, half life deus ex.

#36 Edited by shadiezz2012 (2595 posts) -

Superman on Atari

and never stopped gaming ever since ..i'm about to get married but told my future wife that gaming is and will always be a part of my life

#37 Posted by GeoffZak (3715 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. on the NES when I was like 3 or 4.

Then I played Mario 2 +3, Crystalis, Willow, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Kid Nikki, and Zelda. Those were the first games I played as a little kid.

#38 Posted by gzmnsl (4 posts) -

It is hard to say because I remember playing commodore 64 with my mum and uncle.
But I guess the one that made the gaming fan that I am today was Crash Bandicoot.

#39 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4778 posts) -

Contra , Street Fighter 2 and Atari game where you pick up fuel along the way while destroying your enemies , you could also play coop (Forgot the name) . The games that made me passionate about games were Max Payne , Megaman and Need for Speed 2 .

#40 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4778 posts) -
@geniobastardo said:

PINBALL FTW!! but it was actually Little fighters that started it all for me. I would always beat the shit out of my brother in that game and then he would rage at me and we had lots of arm fights in which I always won.

Lol , same here , except we used to fight over Street Fighter 2 .

#41 Posted by Byshop (12133 posts) -
@shadiezz2012 said:

Superman on Atari

and never stopped gaming ever since ..i'm about to get married but told my future wife that gaming is and will always be a part of my life

Still better than Superman 64.

Pong for me, followed by Pacman on Atari 2600.

-Byshop

#42 Posted by Refresh220 (38 posts) -

The first Mario Bros. on NES.

#43 Posted by intotheminx (768 posts) -

Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt I believe were the first games I played, but it wasn't until the PS1 era that I really jumped in.

#44 Posted by Pffrbt (6589 posts) -

Sonic 3.

#45 Posted by olimcnoly (21 posts) -

Zeliard, the old 90s action rpg :)