The game of the year 2011

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krazywolf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 krazywolf7
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts

THIS TIME ON V.G.A ACCORDING TO ME THE WINNER WOULD BE 1 OF THEM-

1.SAINTS ROW THE THIRD

2.UNCHARTED 3

3.GEARS OF WAR 3

4.CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS

5.INFAMOUS 2

6.DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

WHICH 1 ACCORDING TO U WILL WIN ?

Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts
A little early to tell, but Duke won't be winning many awards judging by the reviews and Black Ops came out last year. The other four sound possible though.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

My vote goes to Portal 2.

Also, please turn off your CAPS LOCK key next time. Contrary to popular belief, it is not cruise control for cool, and just downright painful to read.

Fares20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fares20
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts

It's either Uncharted 3 or Gears of War 3 I assure you one of these 2 for sure

Unmentioned games in the list that also might win is : Battlefield 3 or Killzone 3

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pills4louis

...I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Portal 2 isn't even on the list. It was an excellent sequel, and excellent game in its own right. Four years in the making, with top-notch everything. Top-notch writing, voice acting, level design, and atmosphere. I just don't even see how. OH WAIT, YOU DON'T GET TO RUN AROUND KILLING THINGS. I guess they can't nominate a game that wouldn't appeal to kiddies who would rather have a spoon-fed bloodfest than actually use their brain or have the mental capacity to appreciate some damn witty dialogue.

Fares20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fares20

...I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Portal 2 isn't even on the list. It was an excellent sequel, and excellent game in its own right. Four years in the making, with top-notch everything. Top-notch writing, voice acting, level design, and atmosphere. I just don't even see how. OH WAIT, YOU DON'T GET TO RUN AROUND KILLING THINGS. I guess they can't nominate a game that wouldn't appeal to kiddies who would rather have a spoon-fed bloodfest than actually use their brain or have the mental capacity to appreciate some damn witty dialogue.

pills4louis

LOL you're right but it always has to be a game goin' around killing things so it's not gonna be Portal 2 sry lol It's gonna be one of the 4 games I mentioned

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pills4louis

LOL you're right but it always has to be a game goin' around killing things so it's not gonna be Portal 2 sry lol It's gonna be one of the 4 games I mentioned

Fares20

Except that's the problem, the VGA blokes are apparently too narrow-minded for games like Portal. Essentially, this thread is based around the nominations of a site that's anything but credible. Taking anything on Spike TV seriously? Really? (assuming this is the same "VGA" crap as the unfathomably lame and moronic awards show they throw every year)

Fares20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fares20

[QUOTE="Fares20"]

pills4louis

Except that's the problem, sites like V.G.A are apparently too narrow-minded for games like Portal.

I've known many famous sites but what's VGA!? will u give me the link if u may?

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pills4louis

Fares20

Actually, I corrected myself in the post you replied to, heh. I think VGA (or V.G.A, whatever... the OP cited it) is the Video Game Awards on Spike friggin' TV.

Fares20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fares20

[QUOTE="Fares20"]

pills4louis

Actually, I corrected myself in the post you replied to, heh. I think VGA (or V.G.A, whatever... the OP cited it) is the Video Game Awards on Spike friggin' TV.

Googled it and hey man they have rly good choices rly nice picks on games and studios awards and nominations . In addition, they do actually have a game of the year that isn't narrow minded, it's Resident Evil 4 for year 2005 it does have some many places in which u need to think alot

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pills4louis

Googled it and hey man they have rly good choices rly nice picks on games and studios awards anmd nominations

Fares20

...and they're Spike TV. If we're talking about the same VGA.

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/portal+2/results

95 on Metacritic. I don't see how Cawa Doody: Bwack Awps (81%) and a bunch of other cookie-cutter brown'n'bloom shooters can even compete. It's like the concept of artistry has been thrown out the window in favor of sending someone's skull and its contents in more directions at once. And this is just if we're going by Metacritic, which I'm usually against, but it's the closest thing to an objective standpoint as we're going to get on this subject.

Fares20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fares20

[QUOTE="Fares20"]

Googled it and hey man they have rly good choices rly nice picks on games and studios awards anmd nominations

pills4louis

...and they're Spike TV. If we're talking about the same VGA.

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/portal+2/results

95 on Metacritic. I don't see how Cawa Doody: Bwack Awps (81%) and a bunch of other cookie-cutter brown'n'bloom shooters can even compete. It's like the concept of artistry has been thrown out the window in favor of sending someone's skull and its contents in more directions at once. And this is just if we're going by Metacritic, which I'm usually against, but it's the closest thing to an objective standpoint as we're going to get on this subject.

Why you're usually against it man , they gave it a 95 and the Portal Still Alive a 90 , isn't that what you want everyone to realize? That the game deserves that score and should nominate to Game of the Year?

BTW Spike VGA did put once a game that needs a lot of thinking that is RE4 , it was Game of the Yewar 2005 , but ofcorse it doesn't need thinking as much as Portal but is a puzzled horror game...

P.S: what do u mean by"objective standpoint" ??

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pills4louis

Fares20

"Objective" as in a solid consensus and not just one particular site, magazine, TV station, or otherwise. Spike TV is about as credible as Maxim Magazine when it comes to video game judgment.

Fares20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fares20

[QUOTE="Fares20"]

"Objective" as in a solid consensus and not just one particular site, magazine, TV station, or otherwise. Spike TV is about as credible as Maxim Magazine when it comes to video game judgment.

LOL that's too far much ... haha I saw your blog that says :Some people just don't have opinions. Like pills4louis.

lol I think it's 70% true [no offense;) ]

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pills4louis

LOL that's too far much ... haha I saw your blog that says :Some people just don't have opinions. Like pills4louis.

lol I think it's 70% true [no offense;) ]

Fares20

Citation needed. I made no such blog post.