The future of Grand Theft Auto?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Hey guys what do you think will happen in the future regarding single player gta games? so after reading interviews and how I understand it, Rockstar and kinda going off SP and focusing on MP, do you believe this to be the case? or was it just for GTA 5 to get online rolling? opinions?

ice_ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ice_ranger
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts

We can't be sure what Rockstar will do with next GTA title maybe they will turn it into a full MMO because that's how they will keep making money or maybe they come back to a full single player game with Multiplayer on side like GTA 4 or 5.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Its no Mystery...... GTA is going to do what they always do..... make bigger worlds with more crap to do and very linear missions.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1 said:

Hey guys what do you think will happen in the future regarding single player gta games? so after reading interviews and how I understand it, Rockstar and kinda going off SP and focusing on MP, do you believe this to be the case? or was it just for GTA 5 to get online rolling? opinions?

What are you talking about? which interviews. And Rockstar is not EA so they are hopefully not as stupid as them and think that they can force mp into a single player game.

Because in the end even tho some might buy GTA for the online part, most buy it still because its a GTA game and have a amazing singleplayer part where you can go crazy.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTA_MGS_1

Dude do you not know that a lot of stuff was taken out of the sp for multiplayer only, like the enterable buildings, no army base, their was a huge list!

I don't remember where i saw it but it was an interview with Dan Houser saying how great online was and I kinda took that as a hint after leaving so much stuff out of sp

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTA_MGS_1

Thats why I created this post, obviously GTA is in my username, i have no care at all for online, GTA was made famous from its SP and hopefully they don't go off into a generic developer like every company seems to do these days, barring CD Project RED and a few others

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk

@GTA_MGS_1 said:

Dude do you not know that a lot of stuff was taken out of the sp for multiplayer only, like the enterable buildings, no army base, their was a huge list!

I don't remember where i saw it but it was an interview with Dan Houser saying how great online was and I kinda took that as a hint after leaving so much stuff out of sp

I havent heard or notice any of this, so care to link to those interviews and those things that was taken out of the sp in favor of the mp.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

It will continue to be a sales king and make huge living breathing worlds with awesome storylines and fun gameplay. PS4 version of GTA 6 will sell 30 million copies. Watch it happen.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1:

You are right not being able to go into burger shot and cause problems in the single player pissed me off.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

I've only played San Andreas. Loved it though.

"Once you're in the military compound, CJ, I cannot help you."

"Well, can you help me now?"

"No, not really."

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Its no Mystery...... GTA is going to do what they always do..... make bigger worlds with more crap to do and very linear missions.

Yeah pretty much... They aren't going to change the formula if they sell sh**loads of games every release.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

I want to destroy buildings! i want to destroy the planet!

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1 said:

With so much focus on mp portions of gaming, I wouldn't be surprised if R* comes out with an mmo or mp only game. They're easier and less costly to make as there's little story that needs to be made and thus voice actors and writers don't have to be paid.

This is the current trend for all games seemingly and if R* does decide to continue making GTA games with a heavy focus on single player content, the likely result will be a new game every 5-7 years.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1 said:

I don't think there's any risk of this happening. Especially not as long as the Houser bros are involved. They love storytelling and GTA has always been heavily movie inspired. Post launch it makes sense to focus a lot on MP as it's much easier to sell microtransactions for that. However I believe that if they went MP only they would lose a massive chunk of there player base (I would personally never touch an MP only GTA game).

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Haven't played since I'm waiting on the PC release. So what's the deal, you robbing convenience stores are only available in MP? You cannot do this in SP? I thought you could do anything in SP since it's open world as well.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I hope next GTA have focus on SP gameplay i have faith on rockstar NORTH

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

gta as an mmo is very well possible.

would be nice if we could have 128 ppl in one server lag-free

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

I feel like this series will never end. As long as video games are relevant, so is Rockstar. As long as Rockstar is relevant, so is GTA.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

Is it me or is Grand Theft Auto V worse than its predecessor? Sure, it looks better, sporting textures that are mapped at a higher resolution, colors that are much more vibrant, and a draw distance that's quite a bit greater (though perhaps that seems to be the case only because I played the PlayStation 4 version), but its story is far less touching, as it revolves around soulless and/ or sociopathic money-grubbers. Sure, Niko Belic had a violent past and committed immoral acts in exchange for money, but he sincerely sought to put it all behind him and continued to engage in it only to save his cousin. On the other hand, GTAV's trio of protagonists - Michael, Trevor, and Franklin - are motivated solely by a desire to become rich; sure, each of them wants to leave their past behind, but not because of the immorality that characterized it, but because of the meager lifestyle that did.

I'd also like to point out that GTAV's driving simulation and physics are worse than those of IV; vehicles in the game are stiff, their chassis lacking the fluid swaying motion triggered by sharp turns and sudden pressure on their break pedals.

Anyhow, what do you guys think?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jacanuk

@emil_fontz said:

Is it me or is Grand Theft Auto V worse than its predecessor? Sure, it looks better, sporting textures that are mapped at a higher resolution, colors that are much more vibrant, and a draw distance that's quite a bit greater (though perhaps that seems to be the case only because I played the PlayStation 4 version), but its story is far less touching, as it revolves around soulless and/ or sociopathic money-grubbers. Sure, Niko Belic had a violent past and committed immoral acts in exchange for money, but he sincerely sought to put it all behind him and continued to engage in it only to save his cousin. On the other hand, GTAV's trio of protagonists - Michael, Trevor, and Franklin - are motivated solely by a desire to become rich; sure, each of them wants to leave their past behind, but not because of the immorality that characterized it, but because of the meager lifestyle that did.

I'd also like to point out that GTAV's driving simulation and physics are worse than those of IV; vehicles in the game are stiff, their chassis lacking the fluid swaying motion triggered by sharp turns and sudden pressure on their break pedals.

Anyhow, what do you guys think?

As far as story goes GTA V is crap on on crap on crap. Not one of the main characters are engaging and not once do you at least imo get to care about them, they are just there because you have to have them.

But that is what the people want, they want another GTA SA where the story also was rather weak though CJ had some charisma.

So ya i can only agree GTA V storywise was and is the worst in the series, the best is Vice city and GTA IV.