The Division graphics and physics demo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65929 posts) -

What do you think of it? I think it looks awesome

#2 Posted by withe1982 (429 posts) -

I'm expecting a big downgrade come launch as this is only a tech demo but it looks very, very impressive. Think this game could be something special. Just hope they have a decent plot to back it up.

#3 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65929 posts) -

is this an mmo, i am not sure if it has been confirmed yet

#4 Posted by RimacBugatti (1058 posts) -

From the videos I have seen it looks as though it could be one of the best shooters. The gameplay from what we have seen looks pretty good and original. I really hope it delivers to our expectations because I'm ready for something different.

#5 Posted by Jacanuk (2793 posts) -

Fool me once shame on you , Fool me twice shame on me.

So nah Ubisoft your awesomely high-end spec-pc graphics won't fool me again.

Come with Watch Dogs and have it be the same graphics as was shown in most of the trailers and we can talk about this game, until then "nice pre-render ubisoft" but please come with some actual footage.

#6 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65929 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Come with Watch Dogs and have it be the same graphics as was shown in most of the trailers and we can talk about this game, until then "nice pre-render ubisoft" but please come with some actual footage.

i think all the recent Ubi games look really good like AC IV and Far Cry 3

#7 Posted by Jacanuk (2793 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They do but did you see the lastest Watch Dogs ingame footage compared to the first... there is a quite a huge difference.

So this look awesome but its also done on a very high end pc prerendered so i wont get excited until i see actual gameplay footage and if its like this :)

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65929 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They do but did you see the lastest Watch Dogs ingame footage compared to the first... there is a quite a huge difference.

So this look awesome but its also done on a very high end pc prerendered so i wont get excited until i see actual gameplay footage and if its like this :)

I am not a graphics whore, so i don't really care if it is downgraded. It's always going to look best on PC anyways

#9 Posted by Shmiity (4831 posts) -

Interesting. I didn't expect it to have RPG elements. Now I'm intrigued.

#10 Posted by Jacanuk (2793 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I am not a graphics whore, so i don't really care if it is downgraded. It's always going to look best on PC anyways

Me neither, im all about the gameplay/story.

But good graphics is not bad, so wont get all excited for this when i know its pre-rendered and running a pc so highend that no normal person would have it in their home :)

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65929 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Me neither, im all about the gameplay/story.

But good graphics is not bad, so wont get all excited for this when i know its pre-rendered and running a pc so highend that no normal person would have it in their home :)

it's not really a surprise to me at this point

#12 Edited by LoG-Sacrament (20298 posts) -

the tech looks cool and all (outside of the bullet holes, which show off the lighting just fine but look weird on glass), but it seems like most of these effects should be pretty standard on ps4/xb1 hardware.

#13 Posted by shellcase86 (1694 posts) -

Looks good, but I'm concerned about the appeal to non-online gamers like myself.

#14 Edited by Jacanuk (2793 posts) -

the tech looks cool and all (outside of the bullet holes, which show off the lighting just fine but look weird on glass), but it seems like most of these effects should be pretty standard on ps4/xb1 hardware.

There is no way in anything you will see these kinds of graphics on the ps4 or x1.

you might see some of it but that video was done on a pc with top of the line hardware.

#15 Posted by Tobougg (42 posts) -

So she's just listed a bunch of things that were already features of the old systems. Apart from the realtime time of day thing, which of course was created first in the fox engine. And why do they always have to come up with som "cool" name for the game engine... The fox engine, the SnowDrop engine, The Cryengine.. it's like little kids tring to be cooler than eachother "THe snowdrop engine" you mean the set of modeling tools where they drag shapes out and fill them in with pixels? "well, yeah"

#16 Posted by DuaIFace (460 posts) -

Looks good, but I'm concerned about the appeal to non-online gamers like myself.

There is no appeal. It's a MMORPG. You won't be getting it.