The Division Developer: “We Already Downgraded A Few Things”

#1 Edited by Alucard1475 (490 posts) -

The Division Developer Insider: “We Already Downgraded A Few Things”

"Currently as it stands, there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC."

"To me it still looks good, but not as good as the original reveal."

"Truth be told in regards to your question that while ‘Yes’ the lead platform is the PC, we simply cannot have such a big gap."

Go crazy.

#2 Posted by hummer700 (10130 posts) -

Oh my god I am so shocked, a Ubisoft game is being downgraded. Preemptive damage control lol

#3 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

Sigh........

#4 Posted by geniobastardo (917 posts) -

lol I just can't help but feel pity for Ubisoft...... in fact, I've started to develop a hate for them after what they did with Watch_Dogs.

PS. I'm not buying the Division.

#5 Posted by Chatch09 (273 posts) -

I was honestly stoked for this game but now.....I think Ubisoft is trying to top EA for the most shitty game corporation, they're pretty much neck-and-neck actually....

#6 Posted by wiouds (4974 posts) -

Wait so they are showing a better looking game and then will release a down graded version. I am waiting for something that is new here. Game get downgraded so often.

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@wiouds

I know right ?

When did this suddenly become cool ? Infact when did "Resolution Wars" suddenly become cool ?

#8 Posted by santoron (7416 posts) -

Anonymous source to a no name website. Seems legit.

#9 Edited by firefox59 (4314 posts) -

@wiouds

I know right ?

When did this suddenly become cool ? Infact when did "Resolution Wars" suddenly become cool ?

It's mainly PS fanboys trying to find something to hold onto with their lack of games. You'll find that people with multiple consoles care significantly less about resolution. That and those PC 'master race' people that turn every issue into an annoyance. There is no point complaining about this kinda stuff, it happens with game development.

#10 Posted by Jacanuk (3620 posts) -

The Division Developer Insider: “We Already Downgraded A Few Things”

"Currently as it stands, there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC."

"To me it still looks good, but not as good as the original reveal."

"Truth be told in regards to your question that while ‘Yes’ the lead platform is the PC, we simply cannot have such a big gap."

Go crazy.

Why would i go crazy over some random BS on the internet?

Of course an "anonymous developer" would talk to some random nobody on the internet who runs a blog noone up until now even knew about.

I mean its ok to be gullible but honestly not that gullible or naive.

#11 Edited by jer_1 (7392 posts) -

I can't say I feel much desire to own this game at all and this doesn't help the situation. Ubisoft has handily brought themselves down several pegs in the last couple years.

Ubisoft = Genericsoft

#12 Posted by Wistful_Gamer (18 posts) -

For people who say that this is normal. No, it's not. It's normal only if they make it clear that this graphics is superior to what the final game will be like, and that they'll downgrade. But no, they say that this is the game your are gonna get and even when the game is released and people complain they lie right to our faces saying that it's not downgraded.

#13 Edited by High-Res (260 posts) -

Fact of the matter is UbiSoft games, particularly these last few years are not that good. I like Ubi, but the reality of it is I buy their games....but I don't really play them much.

There marketing is epic, the advertising is amazing. I feel like I am missing out by not owning it, Graphics are gorgeous, all that but after a few hours...meh.

Ubi seems to be really passionate about giving people the experience they want us to have...not so much the experience we want to have.

#14 Edited by Jacanuk (3620 posts) -

For people who say that this is normal. No, it's not. It's normal only if they make it clear that this graphics is superior to what the final game will be like, and that they'll downgrade. But no, they say that this is the game your are gonna get and even when the game is released and people complain they lie right to our faces saying that it's not downgraded.

Right now i am not saying anything at all

Ubisoft hasn't officially said anything to the sort of them downgrading anything and i find it funny that most people are so quick to jump on these rumours from a very very questionable source.

#15 Posted by Wistful_Gamer (18 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@Wistful_Gamer said:

Right now i am not saying anything at all

Ubisoft hasn't officially said anything to the sort of them downgrading anything and i find it funny that most people are so quick to jump on these rumours from a very very questionable source.

Yeah, I don't trust that website either. I'm just angry about what they did with Watch Dogs and how their reaction was, and I'm afraid that they might do it again with The Division. Let's hope not.

#16 Posted by platinumking320 (639 posts) -

Totalbiscuit mentioned some theory going round that the mega publishers made deals with Sony or Microsoft to dumb down PC games to not make the reality of the lead platform and the mid range specs of PS4 and Xbone so obvious. His suspicions was that Ubisoft made some agreement with Sony granted Ubi has a horrible PC DRM history, and Sony executive production relationship with their planed AssCreed and Watchdogs movies. I dunno what to think but I can understand why people might start putting two and two together or draw maps in the sand.

Then again there's probably more than enough blame to go around for Call of Duty's somewhat rude non optimization for PC since MW2. I say this without favoritism to any platform. For all of Steam's problems this is why folks were happy it gained so much traction, (especially in the Russian Market) to say somewhat "PC is dead my ass." and put a knife into that old sentiment that 'consoles are the focus because of piracy'.

If its built on a pc, it should be configured to run just as flexibly on a PC.

#17 Posted by huerito323 (1371 posts) -

If all of you only knew that most games are downgraded, you wouldn't be giving Ubisoft so much crap. Go look at the first Bioshock Infinite E3 footage, then look at the game we got. Go look at the making of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and see just how much content they took out in the full game. It makes me crazy, but oh well. I rather not even look at these early gameplay footages, because it will most likely be very different when it releases.