The Bill of Game Rights

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Khasym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Khasym
Member since 2003 • 585 Posts

With the yearly celebration of our country's founding just a few days away, I decided to tackle a thought that seems to be turning the eyes of many a bloodsucking vampire....I mean Triple-A publisher, bright red. The thought of game overall, and episodic games specifically. This isn't so much about who's getting it right or wrong, but just rather a Bill we as gamers proffer to the unholy terrors of the night.....I mean Triple-A publishers, so they don't waste our time, and their money. Feel free to add your own. :-)

Khasym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Khasym
Member since 2003 • 585 Posts

The Conventions of the Gaming Community, have at the time of their watching Triple-A gaming flush money down the toilet, expressed a desire, in order to prevent the rampant loss of our hard earned cash and time, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be implemented; And as extending the ground of public confidence in Triple-A publishers, will best ensure we don't get ripped off.

Resolved by Gamers and the Houses of Gamespot, IGN and Revision3 gaming, that the following Articles be proposed to the demons of blood and horror....I mean Triple-A publishers, as amendments to the Constitution of Fair Games and Gaming, all, or any of which Articles, when ratified by gamers of more than one style or system, to be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the said Constitution; viz.

Articles in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of Fair Games and Gaming

Article the First - Sequels and Episodic games, should stand on their own independent virtues for review or consideration of purchase. No individual episode should base it's value on any earlier, or future, iteration.

Article the Second - No episode of an episodic game, shall require the improvement or addition of existing hardware not previously found in earlier versions. Likewise, no episode of an episodic game, shall exclude or disallow the use of hardware that was previously allowed in earlier versions.

Article the Third - Blood drinking Fiends....I mean Triple-A publishers, shall make no law respecting the extraction of content from a game or prohibiting the free design aesthetic thereof, or abridging the freedom of developers or reviewers to design and review episodic games and to petition the Publishers for a redress of their grievances.

Article the Fourth - A well regulated Youtube or Twitch Let's Play, being necessary to the security of avoiding a bad game, the right of the gamers to make and post videos of themselves playing a game, shall not be infringed.

Article the Fifth - No reviewer shall, in time before release, be given more than one free copy of the game, or one free console, nor in time of E3, PAX or Gamescon, be given any monetary incentive that might exert undo pressure on their capability to review a game.

Article the Sixth - The right of the people to be secure in their purchases, downloads and used game buys, shall not be violated, and no clause or exception shall be issued, but upon proof that theft is occurring to the seller, to obviate the aforementioned.

Article the Seventh - No focus group or survey, shall be held to answer for a game's failure, unless on a presentment or indictment of the gaming community, nor shall any game, be it beta or early-access, be subject for the same review to be twice put up for consideration, nor shall any developer or designer, be compelled to accept responsibility for bad ideas, without due proof of their complicity.

Article the Eighth - In all game reviews, the reviewer, shall enjoy the right to their own impartial view of the game, independent of developer or publisher feelings regarding the game's quality.

Article the Ninth - In review of games released in an HD remastered version, where the quality of the game is set at a given value, the right of reviewers to re-evaluate that rating as it pertains to the remastered version, shall be preserved, and no earlier iteration, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of public opinion.

Article the Tenth - Excessive DLC shall not be required, nor excessive patching imposed, nor mandatory connections inflicted.

Article the Eleventh - The evaluation in the gaming community, of certain qualities in a game, shall not be be construed to deny or disparage others, the right to enjoy the game.

Article the Twelfth - The powers not delegated to the undead minions of Hell....I mean Triple-A publishers, by the Constitution, or prohibited to them by factional gamers to games, are reserved to the individual factions respectively, or the people.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Because that's totally how the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written. Totally looks like the kind of language used.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Well said. I actually understood all that lol.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

I think we should share this. Jim Sterling would probably revel in this being reading aloud by someone with a white wig, and colonial accent.

Nothing like the MCShea Gettysburg address though, honestly...as cringeworthy as dancing TobeyMacVenom in Spiderman 3.

Maybe its just me...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Umm yeah, no not really. I honestly tried to read the whole thing but running into several points of referring to AAA publishers as blood suckers I just couldn't muster the will to carry on. Pass.