tearaway might best psvita game right now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

i mean its up there with gravity rush as one of the best vita exclusives as of right now its unique it has jaw dropping visuals a creative art style what more could you want

it might seem alittle childish for some people but you know what the gameplay more than makes up for that ^^

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2  Edited By IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I'm waiting for it to arrive from Amazon.

However, Persona 4 Golden became one of my favorite games of all time so I doubt I'll find Tearaway to be the best game on the Vita.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'm pretty much interested in it because I don't have much else to play on the Vita at the moment and it received solid scores. Plus it helps that it was made by Media Molecule. Still, having played Persona 4 Golden, LittleBigPlanet Vita, and a few other great games on the Vita, I doubt it will turn out to be my favorite. Still, it looks interesting, though it's only going to be a rental for me.

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By klonoafanboy122

@SoNin360 said:

I'm pretty much interested in it because I don't have much else to play on the Vita at the moment and it received solid scores. Plus it helps that it was made by Media Molecule. Still, having played Persona 4 Golden, LittleBigPlanet Vita, and a few other great games on the Vita, I doubt it will turn out to be my favorite. Still, it looks interesting, though it's only going to be a rental for me.

i was talking about origonal vita titles i wasnt countine remakes

if it was persona 4 golden would be my fav since persona 4 was my fav ps2 game at the time

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No Persona 4 Golden is.

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 klonoafanboy122

@ShepardCommandr said:

No Persona 4 Golden is.

i wasnt counting remakes -.- i even said that in a reply

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

If P4G doesn't count I think Ys: Memories of Celceta is the best Vita game. I recently started playing Tearaway and early on at least, it's pretty meh.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

My favorite Vita game is Dragon's Crown, but Tearaway is awesome. Below are my impressions from the PSV thread. Screenshot posting no longer works for me, so if one wants to see screenshots of my playthrough, one has to click the link.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/ps-vita-thread-2-0-twice-as-bright-just-as-long-30847245/?page=2#js-message-73

Yeah, I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm five hours in and Tearaway is amazing. Its nice how each save saves the various settings (not only progression, but finger size and color) because I'm playing through this at the same time as one of my daughters (who is further ahead than me). When it starts off your paper character (as opposed to You, who is literally the thing the world revolves around) is weak, but as time passes they get more abilities so they wind up being able to tackle weaker enemies on their own, though they need your help to unfurl the world and crush moderately strong enemies.

I love all the little ways Media Molecule encourages player creativity. Its really cool to be asked to design a snowflake and then from that point forward that is the snowflake that pops up in snowstorms. Anyway, here are few screenshots.

-----

Beat Tearaway this morning. Gets very abstract towards the end but it stays fun and creative throughout. Its really cool how developers take bits of player input and run with them (you will see and hear yourself quite a bit during the adventure because you are literally a giant face in the sun with tremendous power over the world). The pop up book style ending is a masterpiece and the story it tells (which I won't spoil here) is a sweet one.

Due to the fact that its on the Vita Tearaway is unlikely to find the audience it deserves, but I've only beaten 77% of the game (the main game never gets tough, but the last few levels have some challenging optional challenges) so I intend to revisit it periodically until I've done everything.