super smash bros 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

i am very happy its coming out soon... but i have a gut feeling its going to be the same problem with all the super smash bros games... " not enough characters" i know some people may feel like its hard enough to master 2 or 3 characters imagine 35....... well i can master a lot of characters its like if this going to be the last super smash bro i feel it should have a very big roster to keep the game alive much longer .. meelee was my favorite but it was much character but i do love the game play... brawl was good but only 10 extra characters.....

and as i see the person who making the game seems like he not going to make a big roster....there are so many character that can be in this game ! it should just be one big all star game... because you can never go wrong with a lot of characters... some people may say its "confusing" well it would be to me....

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

So basically you're worried there won't be enough characters? At the very least, you will have a few new ones to master. They've already announced quite a few new ones, so there will be variety compared to the last game. Also, I can only imagine that balancing a roster of ten fighters would be really tough, even with a big team. 35 is more than enough. I mean, we all have our dream roster of characters we want that's probably more like 100 but the fact of the matter is that that's just not feasible. It would take years to make it work as well as past games in the series.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dennysinny

@turtlethetaffer said:

So basically you're worried there won't be enough characters? At the very least, you will have a few new ones to master. They've already announced quite a few new ones, so there will be variety compared to the last game. Also, I can only imagine that balancing a roster of ten fighters would be really tough, even with a big team. 35 is more than enough. I mean, we all have our dream roster of characters we want that's probably more like 100 but the fact of the matter is that that's just not feasible. It would take years to make it work as well as past games in the series.

yes i am, i mean they are developers... if other games can balance out a lot of characters then i know Sakurai Masahiro that been developing games for more then 20 years can balanced out the roster of course to you it may seem tough because you do not make games... we speaking on someone who been making games since 1992 even tho things change and evolve im pretty sure he can do whatever he wants. your right it would be 100 for our dreams.... thats why 35 isnt enough.... i mean its not even about mastering characters it just sometimes you want to play for fun even tho a character may not be your favorite but it might be enjoyable !

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@dennysinny: Think about how much math is involved in figuring out one character. their hit boxes, how much damage each move has, how much knock back each one has, etc. Now keep in mind you need to make sure none of that is overpowered. Now you need to have fair hitboxes, knock back and damage output for 35 characters. Remember how many delays Brawl had? It's probably going to be even worse for Universe. I can't really blame them for not wanting to add too many characters. I mean yeah I'd like to see more but at the same time 35 is A LOT for a game like Smash Bros.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#5 IncisionX
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

Only thing I'm concerned about it currently is the choice of characters, some of the new arrivals are so underwhelming.

Fitness trainer...? Animal crossing villager...? Come on.. these are awful.

Bring in some classics and maybe even push the boat out for some 3rd party characters -.-Though no doubt I'll buy it and love it like a new born otter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

People have issues mastering characters in these games?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@IncisionX said:

Only thing I'm concerned about it currently is the choice of characters, some of the new arrivals are so underwhelming.

Bring in some classics and maybe even push the boat out for some 3rd party characters -.-Though no doubt I'll buy it and love it like a new born otter.

Mega FREAKING man

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IncisionX

@PonchoTaco said:

@IncisionX said:

Mega FREAKING man

Touché good sir.. Touché - but other than him... the others are meh. :D

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dennysinny

@turtlethetaffer said:

@dennysinny: Think about how much math is involved in figuring out one character. their hit boxes, how much damage each move has, how much knock back each one has, etc. Now keep in mind you need to make sure none of that is overpowered. Now you need to have fair hitboxes, knock back and damage output for 35 characters. Remember how many delays Brawl had? It's probably going to be even worse for Universe. I can't really blame them for not wanting to add too many characters. I mean yeah I'd like to see more but at the same time 35 is A LOT for a game like Smash Bros.

okay what i am saying is that they can take their time.. no one is rushing them to make one... the problem is that people hate when they say a release date and do not follow through... everyone hates delays... the problem is best not to say a released date... yes its alot of math but its alot of math in any game.. the issue is that that nothing to them... it may be something to you because your not a game developer but they can make it possible... i blame them because they can make more characters they choose not to.... this can be this biggest classic ever !

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dennysinny

@IncisionX:

@IncisionX said:

i totally agree with you ... like come on now...... fitness trainer ?????? thats the best they can come out with ??? i personally do not know what is animal crossing villager is... but your right they need to bring some classics in the game.. they just being greedy and do not want to pay up....but its like this is 2014... this should be the best one the best classic game i feel that people shouldnt settle for less.....

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IncisionX

@dennysinny said:

@IncisionX:

@IncisionX said:

i totally agree with you ... like come on now...... fitness trainer ?????? thats the best they can come out with ??? i personally do not know what is animal crossing villager is... but your right they need to bring some classics in the game.. they just being greedy and do not want to pay up....but its like this is 2014... this should be the best one the best classic game i feel that people shouldnt settle for less.....

Exactly, after being treated to Sonic and Snake in Brawl I was expecting something more...

Avatar image for LorenzoTheComic
LorenzoTheComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LorenzoTheComic
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I think I'll stick to Melee and Project M after playing Smash Bros. 4 a few times.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dennysinny

@IncisionX said:

@dennysinny said:

@IncisionX:

@IncisionX said:

Exactly, after being treated to Sonic and Snake in Brawl I was expecting something more...

exactly i mean new sonic was the only character that made everyone excited and that pokemon trainer was cool and oliver .. i liked lucario whatever how you spell his name but come on why replace mewtwo? they shouldve just had both.... i mean im not saying im a super big fan of mewtwo but there are people who are....... they need to listen to what people want ! lol

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dennysinny

@PonchoTaco said:

yes alot of people have trouble mastering characters for some reason lol !

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IncisionX

@dennysinny said:

@PonchoTaco said:

yes alot of people have trouble mastering characters for some reason lol !

Your definition of mastering a character must be different to mine, I'm talking about absolute knowledge.. animation wind up time, hit boxes etc. You can't master everyone :P

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IncisionX

@dennysinny said:

@IncisionX said:

@dennysinny said:

@IncisionX:

@IncisionX said:

they need to listen to what people want !

I feel like that sums it up nicely, I'll give them credit for Megaman.. he was a big community want but other then him we've got garbage so far : /

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dennysinny

@IncisionX: i cant master everyone because the lack of me not really wanting to master every character some characters are just strictly for fun lol ! like bowser he is not my favorite or i he isnt the type of player i would use but sometimes ill play with him just for the fun of it lol

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dennysinny

@IncisionX: you know what else they should do ? they should do that tekken thing... where it can be like sonic/shadow fox/falcon or they should make combination of a pokemon series megaman series sonic series and with the third party characters i mean it may take a long time and a lot of money but it will be the biggest game ever lol !

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IncisionX

@dennysinny said:

@IncisionX: you know what else they should do ? they should do that tekken thing... where it can be like sonic/shadow fox/falcon or they should make combination of a pokemon series megaman series sonic series and with the third party characters i mean it may take a long time and a lot of money but it will be the biggest game ever lol !

Oh god yes! Smash bros vs Sony - Oh the possibilities! Would be incredible :D!

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dennysinny

@IncisionX said:

@dennysinny said:

lol i know there not going to do it ... its all in our minds what the game could be ...... but that game have so much potential to be a real classic like meelee ... like if that wouldve had more characters it wouldve been cool....i used to try to look up cheat codes for more lol never work... look its like meelee and brawl lasted a while ... but it wasnt like gta san andreas lasting ....SA is still being played and enjoyable they need that type of classic that last longer then ever lol !

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IncisionX

@dennysinny said:

@IncisionX said:

@dennysinny said:

t that game have so much potential to be a real classic like meelee ... like if that wouldve had more characters it wouldve been cool....i used to try to look up cheat codes for more lol never work...

Charatcer cheat codes and rumors... that's some serious nostalgia when I used to replay the same Link stage on melee because apparently you got Dark Link if you done it in an exact time haha!