Sunset Overdrie gameplay

#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72475 posts) -

Looks a lot like Infamous

#2 Posted by SovietsUnited (2319 posts) -

That looks damn awesome, complete mayhem!

#3 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72475 posts) -

@SovietsUnited said:

That looks damn awesome, complete mayhem!

Looks like infamous x saints row

#4 Edited by SovietsUnited (2319 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

That looks damn awesome, complete mayhem!

Looks like infamous x saints row

That's a potent mix

#5 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72475 posts) -

@SovietsUnited said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

That looks damn awesome, complete mayhem!

Looks like infamous x saints row

That's a potent mix

Indeed, shame it's a X1 exclusive

#6 Posted by Archangel3371 (15747 posts) -

Damn. This game looks fantastic. I'll definitely be picking this up when it comes out, can't wait.

#7 Posted by Chozofication (2933 posts) -

It's like a mish mash of a bunch of equally shitty open world games with a generic dreamworks art style.

The bar has REALLY fallen low for hype.

#8 Edited by huerito323 (1377 posts) -

Jet Set Radio on steroids!

#9 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

That looks damn awesome, complete mayhem!

Looks like infamous x saints row

That's a potent mix

Indeed, shame it's a X1 exclusive

Shame? HAHAHAHA ohh dear.

OT: This game looks fantastic and absolutely cant wait to pick it up! looks like infamous you say? sounds good!

#10 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6236 posts) -

Looks really cool! If I get an Xbone I'll definitely pick this up, being a big Insomniac fan.

#11 Posted by zeroyaoi (1934 posts) -

Looks quirky. :P

#12 Edited by Ish_basic (4029 posts) -

Ratchet has really been the only franchise Insomniac has hit on. We're at the point where I just doubt their ability to do anything else well. My first impressions seeing this are JSR meets Dead Rising, but i don't really see that as a flattering combination. It's out of context gameplay, so I'll wait to see if this catches my interest later. It really didn't do anything for me at its reveal and it's still not doing anything for me.

#13 Posted by firefox59 (4403 posts) -

@Ish_basic said:

Ratchet has really been the only franchise Insomniac has hit on. We're at the point where I just doubt their ability to do anything else well. My first impressions seeing this are JSR meets Dead Rising, but i don't really see that as a flattering combination. It's out of context gameplay, so I'll wait to see if this catches my interest later. It really didn't do anything for me at its reveal and it's still not doing anything for me.

Are you too young to know what Spyro is? 2002 reg date. I don't think so.

#14 Posted by maynardburger (187 posts) -

@Chozofication said:

It's like a mish mash of a bunch of equally shitty open world games with a generic dreamworks art style.

The bar has REALLY fallen low for hype.

Generic is really the last thing I could ever imagine labelling the art style.

And just because you don't think it looks fun/interesting doesn't mean everybody else's standards are low for thinking otherwise.

#15 Posted by kingcrimson24 (468 posts) -

I'm soooo buying this :O

#17 Edited by cooolio (498 posts) -

@mwright469 said:

*blah*

Can we have some level of maturity and not try to insult people who have the opposite console? Pathetic. Also, the star of the game is the person that you create.

#19 Edited by Ish_basic (4029 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@Ish_basic said:

Ratchet has really been the only franchise Insomniac has hit on. We're at the point where I just doubt their ability to do anything else well. My first impressions seeing this are JSR meets Dead Rising, but i don't really see that as a flattering combination. It's out of context gameplay, so I'll wait to see if this catches my interest later. It really didn't do anything for me at its reveal and it's still not doing anything for me.

Are you too young to know what Spyro is? 2002 reg date. I don't think so.

Not too young to know Disruptor or Resistance or Fuse, either. This company doesn't do well with shooters. Platformers seem more their forte. All I'm saying. Don't be so upset that someone maybe isn't as excited about this game as you are.

#20 Posted by firefox59 (4403 posts) -

@Ish_basic said:

@firefox59 said:

@Ish_basic said:

Ratchet has really been the only franchise Insomniac has hit on. We're at the point where I just doubt their ability to do anything else well. My first impressions seeing this are JSR meets Dead Rising, but i don't really see that as a flattering combination. It's out of context gameplay, so I'll wait to see if this catches my interest later. It really didn't do anything for me at its reveal and it's still not doing anything for me.

Are you too young to know what Spyro is? 2002 reg date. I don't think so.

Not too young to know Disruptor or Resistance or Fuse, either. This company doesn't do well with shooters. Platformers seem more their forte. All I'm saying. Don't be so upset that someone maybe isn't as excited about this game as you are.

I'm wasn't talking about Sunset Overdrive at all. You took a shot at Insomniac. Spyro was their first series and it was hugely popular for a long time. That's all I'm saying. To say Ratchet and Clank is there only good series is way underselling the developer. I'm not even a big Spyro fan either, there is just a big trend of people ignoring the facts on this board and it's annoying.

It seems like you are just saying you didn't like Fuse, which doesn't really have anything to do with this game anyways.

#22 Edited by cooolio (498 posts) -

@mwright469 said:

@cooolio:

*blah blah*

Honestly, when you basically say that the game sucks, and tell the xboners to have fun, what kind of reaction do you expect? I am very sorry, but you really cannot blame me when you have all these people arguing about which console is better. But like I said I apologize. Even so, do not that you love seeing people like me, because you do not know me and I do fit the characteristics of the type of people that you described.

Basically, my comment was aimed toward console wars bullshit, not me defending the game. Your whole second paragraph is basically an attempt to retaliate against me by insulting the game that you thought I was defending, and your criticisms have no factual basis because all of them are based on a trailer and not actual hands on time with the game. All of that is childish, but like I said before, it began with my mistake.

#25 Posted by Garfield360UK (19752 posts) -

Lets calm down people, discuss the topic at hand or move on. This is not System Wars and this sort of behaviour is not acceptable here.

Thank you.

#26 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72475 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

Lets calm down people, discuss the topic at hand or move on. This is not System Wars and this sort of behaviour is not acceptable here.

Thank you.

i was about to say that

#27 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

Gameplay looks sick.

#28 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

gunna be better than infamous

#29 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

That looks damn awesome, complete mayhem!

Looks like infamous x saints row

infamous x saints row x JSRF

#30 Posted by Pedro (21110 posts) -

@Randolph:

When I saw this game I was greatly desiring JSRF. I would so love to see that game realized using modern day tech with a look similar to this game. This game looks great but MS has not sold me on their device.

#31 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Pedro said:

@Randolph:

When I saw this game I was greatly desiring JSRF. I would so love to see that game realized using modern day tech with a look similar to this game. This game looks great but MS has not sold me on their device.

Hell, I'd just take a JSRF HD at this point. I have the game, but my OG Xbox is a prickly thing, and OG Xbox looks like puke on my current HDTV. Love that game, so much better than the first one. (which we did get a HD version of, and it sucked)