This topic is locked from further discussion.

Smintar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 Smintar
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts

Im sitting here and been thinking about this for sometime. The last good strategy game I played and really enjoyed was UFO-Def. Now I have not been able to really find another 1. I played mafia alot but its not like UFO. The new UFO aftermath was a joke Where oh where have they gone. Is there another Micrpose out there somewhere. That can take a game like UFO-Def and make a new one updated graphics engine based on the same type of gameplay as the orignal?? Where are youI have a Jones for agame of that quality!1 Is there not someone out there that can replicate it??

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
Never heard of that but check out Plants Vs Zombies for your PC :D
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Im sitting here and been thinking about this for sometime. The last good strategy game I played and really enjoyed was UFO-Def. Now I have not been able to really find another 1. I played mafia alot but its not like UFO. The new UFO aftermath was a joke Where oh where have they gone. Is there another Micrpose out there somewhere. That can take a game like UFO-Def and make a new one updated graphics engine based on the same type of gameplay as the orignal?? Where are youI have a Jones for agame of that quality!1 Is there not someone out there that can replicate it??

Smintar

:question: :?

You're right, X-COM: UFO Defense is nothing like Mafia, I don't know where you see any similarities whatsoever. Two entirely different genres. If you're looking for turn based strategy and are into WWII, there are two games I could recommend: Combat Mission (there's a few, they came out way back but if you're playing X-Com you know how to run DOS box I assume, pick up the anthology), and Company of Heroes. CoH is not really turned based, but it can be paused during play and you can order units around, then unpause and watch things pan out.