Still a tough dilemma

#1 Posted by Mercuria1_King (278 posts) -

I was hoping that this year's E3 would help me decide on which next generation console to get. Unfortunately for me it did not help to clarify anything. So what made/help you decide on which console to get? I am leaning towards the PS4 but the battery life on the controller is not that long but that can be fixed by buying a long cord to charge it or buy another controller. Another thing that got me thinking about the Xbox One is that Microsoft removed the necessity for the Kinect.

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18548 posts) -

Have you considered a Nintendo ?

#3 Posted by Jacanuk (5660 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Why would anyone consider Nintendo? after all he probably wants to play good games and not just Zelda, Mario or cartoonish disney clones.

#4 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

I plan on getting both so no confusion here. And I already have a Wii U, so all I saw this E3 was games......

#5 Posted by Chatch09 (700 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Why would anyone consider Nintendo? after all he probably wants to play good games and not just Zelda, Mario or cartoonish disney clones.

Because born in the 80s = Nintendo fan for life! But seriously, Nintendo has some good games coming out, I'll be buying a Wii-U after I build my PC. Getting a PS4 sometime in 2015 and an XB1....somewhere down the line lol probably like 2018.

#6 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18548 posts) -

@Jacanuk

If that was a case then he wouldve already made his choice a long time ago.... But He didn't therefore lets broaden his options..... Don't be a douche !

Also You clearly have a bias against Nintendo and are only here to represent you the toybox that you've traded your soul for..... You're obviously not being helpfull.... Go away !

#7 Edited by Mercuria1_King (278 posts) -

Nintendo ranks third for me, it will never be my main console even though I started off with a NES when I was a kid.

#8 Posted by mojito1988 (2030 posts) -

Yeah I cannot decide either I have a Wii U (big Nintendo fan here) but I want a Ps4 or One as well. Before E-3 I was thinking Ps4 after I'm not so sure. Sunset overdrive and project spark have me moving more 2 the x-box though. It is a tough call for sure.

#9 Posted by Jacanuk (5660 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

If that was a case then he wouldve already made his choice a long time ago.... But He didn't therefore lets broaden his options..... Don't be a douche !

Also You clearly have a bias against Nintendo and are only here to represent you the toybox that you've traded your soul for..... You're obviously not being helpfull.... Go away !

Well, clearly you are baiting here but ill bite this time.

If you look at the post he clearly asks for advice weather to get a ps4 or a xbox, he doesn't ask for a 3rd option that is clearly far inferior to the other two, particular when you look at the facts, almost no 3rd party support, a couple of big developers like ubisoft have gone completely away from developing for the Nintendo Wii U and even one of the highly anticipated titles Watch Dogs hasn't even been released and so far i haven't heard a word on when that is going to happen, if ever.

Also i have no bias against Nintendo, i have a Wii and i will get a WiiU at one point after i have bought the X1 and Ps4, but even if i had you cannot deny the facts so why anyone would recommend a WiiU right now is beyond me, it might be a good thing later, but for someone who is probably only getting one console, i would never recommend a console with so few games and so few future 3rd party titles.

#10 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18548 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Maybe he would like to game with People next to him for a change instead of going online to deal with your crap...... :p

More options is always good..... Infact Might aswell through in a gaming PC in there.... ;)

#11 Posted by Mesomorphin (864 posts) -

Honestly....if you've already played The Last Of Us, and you have no need to play the remastered edition on ps4 when it comes out. I'd defiantly say go with a Xbox one, it already has a huge library of games/exclusives, that are already out! and plenty like Sunset Overdrive and Halo master cheif collection that are making their way in just a matter of months...All the great looking ps4 games like Uncharted, The order and No Mans Sky (Timed ps4 exclusive) still arent making their way on the system for atleast a year or two!

With that said the ps4 does have infamous second son, but other than that, you'd have to wait until Little Big Planet 3 later this year for your next exclusive.

#12 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

It's a no brainer XB1 is where it's at.

#13 Edited by jasean79 (2398 posts) -

I chose a PS4 last E3 and got one at launch. Based on last year's presentation, it just seemed that Sony was more focused on gaming and less on "family media". I never owned a PS3 and was an Xbox gamer since 2004, so my decision to move to Sony took some consideration. Looking back though, I have no regrets. Shortly after I purchased a PS4 I bought a Vita and hands down, it's one of the best systems I've ever owned (the Vita that is). Also, being a member of the PS Plus entitles you to member discounts and free games for both systems every month. That right there is an incentive to go Sony (and yes, I am aware of Xbox's recent move to give "Free games with gold" to X1 members).

It's all a matter of preference, really. I don't think any system is better than the other at this point in time. They both will have their fair share of exclusives and awesome games. For me, I just thought it was time for a much needed change, so I went Sony this generation. And the bit about the battery life on the controller is silly. That would not be a "make or break" on determining which system I want. That's such a minor thing that you have to look at the bigger picture. I can usually get at least 6-8 hours of life on the controller. And with how often I game, that's perfectly acceptable for me.