Star Wars Battlefront...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Glong_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Glong_22
Member since 2015 • 42 Posts

Is the new Battlefront sounding less and less amazing the more details are revealed? 12 maps seems like a very small amount for a multiplayer only game. And why no clone wars? or campaign? (just thoughts/opinions, not trying to start arguments.)

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

You are correct. And no space battles either. Who knows, they may surprise us. As of now I have little interest in it.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@glong_22 said:

Is the new Battlefront sounding less and less amazing the more details are revealed? 12 maps seems like a very small amount for a multiplayer only game. And why no clone wars? or campaign? (just thoughts/opinions, not trying to start arguments.)

Thank god for no campaign. Battlefront's basically just had multiplayer matches with some narration between them more or less. Battlefield games spent god knows how much potential on their stupid broken SP campaigns. I think it's really good that they just forget SP and focus on what most people are looking for in the game. I think that just having a bot mode is good enough. Plus they are saying there will be Co-Op, which I hope is proper objective Co-Op like in Battlefield 3, because that was lots of fun. Plus apparently split-screen multiplayer, which, well that's just amazing. Cant remember the last time an AAA FPS had split screen tbh.

As for the maps, I think 12 maps is decent. It's not great, but Battlefield 2 also shipped with 12, Battlefield 3 shipped with like 9 or 10 I think. I think you should remember that maps back in 2004-ish were easier to make since there was usually less stuff on them. Maps today have to be more detailed since everyone expects it. Compare Battlefield 2 maps to Battlefield 3 maps, how much more clutter there is on the streets, random stuff and details etc..

As for no space-battles and no Clone Wars, that is annoying but whatever. I guess they want to hype people up for the new Triology. While I don't enjoy the Prequels at all, I think the expanded universe and especially the military hardware of the Prequels is awesome. But the main triology has plenty of awesome hardware going for it, so it's not that bad. Space battles are harder to swallow, since they were a pretty integral part of the previous games, and would certainly make it feel less like Battlefield: Star Wars.

What I'm worried is that you already have announced DLC, before we even got any game footage. I don't mind if they release a few good DLC packs like BF3 and BF4 did, but I'm scared that they just might shove space battles into one of them. Also there's the whole fragmentation of the user-base issue. It would be cool if the DLC packs would include new interesting guns and vehicles that only DLC users could use, but the maps would be available for everyone or something.

I'm not hype up for the game, but I dont have particularly negative vibes yet. I'll wait to see the gameplay first.

Glong_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Glong_22

@chaplainDMK: Valid points. I guess i just feel like all the "No's" will end up as DLC like you said. A $20 space battles pack. And $10 for each new map. And $25 for the clone wars saga. Ill give the game a fair try but I'm not as excited as i once was.

Glong_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Glong_22

@SOedipus: well said.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@glong_22:

Dice generally has good DLC practice with Battlefield, 10-15$ for a few maps, guns and vehicles. Its pretty similar to what you got in BF2 and 2142 with the expansions and booster packs imo

Fancydancing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fancydancing
Member since 2015 • 49 Posts

It's not going to be what battlefront was. It's not the "IN" thing and thus other things will cash in better. Even if a lot of us are practically on our knees for a battlefront, battlefront 2 game. Its not going to meet our expectations at all, but I suspect most will buy it nonetheless.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Love Star Wars, but I'm 99% sure i won't buy this.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I don't think it's sounding less and less amazing, because my expectations were already rock bottom as they are with all EA games.

Needless to say, I'm avoiding this like the plague.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@glong_22 said:

You've gotta remember how detailed they are making this game. They've done scans and photoshoots of areas, tonnes of work on small details. If we get 12, well balanced, authentically created and fun to play maps, Ill be happy.

There is a single player/co-op, so thats fine for me. And space battles really were never that great imo. I just want the ground gaemplay to be spot on.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Galactic Conquest or not interested.