Splinter Cell Blacklist didn't sell well. Ironside backlash?

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11818 posts) -

@ Jacanuk

Its something people need, but splintercell and video games in general don't make much use of Voice actors, so why throw a hissy fit when they change them or remove them all together, would it stop you me from sneaking behind baddies and clobbering them in the dark ? Nope, wouldn't even slow me down, now other people on the other hand.....

#52 Posted by donalbane (16317 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

I picked it up later and glad I did... I've picked up every splinter cell except this one at launch, but felt burned after Conviction. (I'm a hardcore stealth fan.)

I honestly think that people aren't buying a lot of new games right now bc they are saving for new consoles. Also, the fact that Conviction was so awful probably turned off a lot of fans. I think they should have delayed the game for next gen consoles and it could have done better. Also, chat is totally broken (or it was) on PC which really sucked. No USB mic support. Seriously, Ubisoft?

#53 Posted by SawmanGS4 (8 posts) -

I have played every Splinter cell offered. I'll be honest, after Double Agent and Conviction, I almost sat Blacklist out. I'm glad now that i bought Blacklist. It didn't live up to the first three but it sure surpassed Double Agent and Conviction. I will probably buy the next Splinter Cell, but if it sucks I'll leave the franchise for sure.

They have a lot of improvement to do to keep me in.

#54 Edited by c_rakestraw (14647 posts) -

Actually, had they incorporated Last Stand into it and replaced the Horde mode version of it in Blacklist, then I think it would have been a little better. Also, it was designed for co-op and not solo. Trust me on that, I've gone through at least five rounds on my own before I was taken down.

For sure. I took on the last of those missions with my brother and it was so much easier. Granted, we had abandoned any hope of tackling it stealthily and just shot our way through it (he's not the most adept at stealth games), but still. With the right partner, you could easily conquer all 20 rounds without ever killing anyone, I'm sure. It'd just take a long time to do it.

I still consider them to be the weakest part oft he game, though. They just aren't as fun as the rest of the game's missions are.

#55 Posted by Jacanuk (4370 posts) -

@ Jacanuk

Its something people need, but splintercell and video games in general don't make much use of Voice actors, so why throw a hissy fit when they change them or remove them all together, would it stop you me from sneaking behind baddies and clobbering them in the dark ? Nope, wouldn't even slow me down, now other people on the other hand.....

Well, you and i might not decide on the basis of a VA but if someone are already on the fence about the title, a change in VA probably won't be a plus.

Anyways it doesnt matter, they did what they did and people stayed away from the title and it sold horrible, so i hope they return to a more conviction early game Splinter cell.

#57 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11818 posts) -

HEY ! No Fair !