Special Editions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Magicmaster-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Magicmaster-E
Member since 2004 • 788 Posts

Ever since the Halo 2 special Edition release a while back (has it really been two years already?) there seems to have been an influx in so-called Special Editions of games, and with the upcoming super special editions of Bioshock, GTA IV and Halo 3 it got me wondering, what are some other great special editions that have come out recently and what games SHOULD have a special edition??? Oh and of course what are some of the worst Special Editions???

Best special edition in the past two-three years to have come out already: Doom 3 for Xbox, it came with the original doom 1 AND 2, three greats for only like $60!

Game that should have a Special Edition: Assassin's Creed (Figurine anyone???), Mass Effect (gotta be some funny bloopers there...), and Heavenly Sword (Figurine anyone???)

Worst Special Edition: Resident Evil 4, the game was stupendous, but I heard that the awful extras just made the special edition stupid and pointless, I was informed (by a gamestop employee) to just save my money.

Thoughts?

Shifty_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shifty_Pete
Member since 2004 • 2678 Posts

I only paid $15 for the Doom3 Collector's edition (used), but felt ripped off. I was so bored I gave up halfway through. But that's neither here nor there.

I don't own a lot of CE's, but the best I own would have to be the King of Fighters Orochi Collection although I'm not sure that counts, since I don't think the game was available seperately. The worst CE I own is Prey, which comes with a cheap tin case (it doesn't close well and doesn't fit on a standard DVD shelf), a couple mediocre pewter figures, and an art book. It also requires you to take the liner out of the case and stick the disc onto a nub on the plain metal of the back. I got it new for $25, though, which was the same price as the regular version.

Avatar image for HardcoreKiller2
HardcoreKiller2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 HardcoreKiller2
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts
The World in Conflict "Collector's Edition" seems to be one of the best special editions of any game. The Collector's Edition comes with a History Channel documentary about the Berlin Wall, a Behind the Scenes DVD, and a authentic piece of the Berlin Wall. All of that, for $10 more than the standard edition, that seems like a deal for me. :D
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
World of Warcraft wins, imo. Both the base game and Burning Crusade had awesome CE's. Huge oversized leather-embossed boxes with soundracks, in game pets, coffee table worthy artbook and more.
Avatar image for LIKETOPLAYGAMES
LIKETOPLAYGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 LIKETOPLAYGAMES
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
I just bought FFXII "collectors edition" or something like that, but only because it was in a fancy metal case and it was cheaper than the new one at gamestop, I just started playing it...eh, I wish it were as good as FFX, I'd want that in a super shiny metal case, that would be cool.
nodgenico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 nodgenico
Member since 2006 • 1436 Posts
I still like my little Oblivion Septim from Oblivion.