SoulCalibur VI: Post Your Interests

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

This thread is to express what we would like in the next iteration of SoulCalibur the most.

I will begin.

One of my favorite aspects of this series is its music.

Example:

I very much would like more of this caliber of music (pun intended).

Another thing that would be good for this series is less lewd character customization. Seeing a player-created character with a phallic outfit and a horse head dissuaded me from keeping SoulCalibur V. The styles of the official characters show interesting creativity and the aforementioned user-created content is counter to them. It is as if the developers let relaxed their inhibitions when making that stuff.

About mechanics, armor breaking and parry should stay, though I preferred the Soul Calibur IV system more in regards to the latter because it has the potential for more dynamic matches whereas parries in V allow much more time for counter-attacks for a victory.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#2 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

I really wish that Soul Calibur 6 aka VI. will actually be a Soul Calibur game in which I wanted to be more like number three for the fourth game. Because that last one was just bad it got really boring pretty fast some of the new characters just wasn't interesting and the story mode didn't last very long. it just wasn't a good game I think in my opinion. And that stupid downloadable game they did was just ridiculous.

As long as they make the combat more about hacking and slashing and just have fun not to complicated but simple enough so that anybody can have fun I'm okay with that. I would like to see some of the old characters be bought back to how they used to look and how the appeared in the story and honestly they just need to make the game better this time around.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

hohohohoho

List of changes:

1. Unstupify Ivy
  2. Balance all characters especially Siegfried
  3. Remove stupid meters
  4. Stop copying Super Duper deluxe SF4 9000 edition
  5. Get rid of Brave edge
  6. Make critical edges like SC4
  7. Revert to the old Guard Impacting in SC4 or previous titles
  8. Remove that disadvantageous guard breaking
  9. Stop pissing on half the current roster which requires defensive calculated play and are not aggressive
  10. Tales of Souls
  11. Brig back the old roster, what 20-30yr old wants to play as brats seriously Namco this isn't the New 52 which imo sucks
  12. Quitters online
  13. Really mimic characters in 2012
  14. Team battle
  15. ZWEI and Viola were originally made in SC4
  16. Make new original characters
DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

You think there will be a SC6!?

LOL.

I don't even want there to be one. SCV was a 'thankyou' note to the fans, and nothing more. End of series. I can't even stand that there's a Tekken 7. Ugh. -_-

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

More Boobs and CO-op !

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

A more meaty single player campaign mode like SCIII's Tales of Souls.

Beautifully pre-rendered endings for each character.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@Archangel3371

Oh Dear ! :(

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371  Online

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Archangel3371

Oh Dear ! :(

I'll probably regret asking this but, what?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@Archangel3371

Cutscenes make Lulu Cry... :( Especially prerendered cutscenes.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By branketra

@Archangel3371 said:

Tales of Souls was one of my favorite parts of Soul Calibur III. I agree that would be a positive.

Namco-Bandai makes great pre-rendered clips for Tekken. They would be awesome for finally giving SoulCalibur the same treatment and keeping the text endings.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Archangel3371

Cutscenes make Lulu Cry... :( Especially prerendered cutscenes.

Oh ok. I love them. The ones by Blizzard are absolutely stunning. Diablo III and the recent one for WoW: Warlords of Dreanor are simply amazing. Namco does some fine looking ones as well.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371  Online

@BranKetra said:

@Archangel3371 said:

Tales of Souls was one of my favorite parts of Soul Calibur III. I agree that would be a positive.

Namco-Bandai makes great pre-rendered clips for Tekken. They would be awesome for finally giving SoulCalibur the same treatment and keeping the text endings.

Yeah that was an excellent addition in SCIII and Namco does make some pretty sweet pre-rendered clips so I'd love to see more of them.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@Archangel3371

I get they are stunning but movies do it better, always have, always will. Gameplay is more exciting than passively staring at moving pictures ! :)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371  Online

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Archangel3371

I get they are stunning but movies do it better, always have, always will. Gameplay is more exciting than passively staring at moving pictures ! :)

I appreciate both. I also enjoy pre-rendered cutscenes not only because they look stunning but also because they can convey aspects of a game's story in very cool and explicit ways and details that may not be as impactful, dramatic, or detailed as gameplay might allow for for various reasons.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 branketra

@Archangel3371 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Archangel3371

I appreciate both. I also enjoy pre-rendered cutscenes not only because they look stunning but also because they can convey aspects of a game's story in very cool and explicit ways and details that may not be as impactful, dramatic, or detailed as gameplay might allow for for various reasons.

+1

Appreciation as an audience does not need to be for one medium and against another.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Archangel3371

Still makes me cry....

@BranKetra

I'm not against any medium, I'm against clashing philosophies. Mediums don't mixwell because they speak to different aspects of their audience, and these aspects are usually mutually exclusive. I don't want cutscenes in my games anymore than I want gameplay in my movies, I appreciate both for what they are.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By branketra

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Archangel3371

Still makes me cry....

@BranKetra

I'm not against any medium, I'm against clashing philosophies. Mediums don't mixwell because they speak to different aspects of their audience, and these aspects are usually mutually exclusive. I don't want cutscenes in my games anymore than I want gameplay in my movies, I appreciate both for what they are.

My perspective holds a contrary opinion about the forms of entertainment we are discussing. One can say playing a game and watching something are too different of activities to work together for a cohesive experience, but one can also assert that depending on the contents of gameplay and cutscenes in any given video game they complement each other. For example, in the Tekken franchise gameplay is the core component of its iterations and cutscenes add an element of story to it in which characters do things besides hand-to-hand combat. As a result, the player is exposed to more about its characters than possible through gameplay alone because of its design. Of course, that may follow with an assertion that Tekken is fundamentally flawed by its separation of gameplay and story, but that would not address the aforementioned actions which go beyond the purpose of the franchise which is battling.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@BranKetra

Are you saying games are "incomplete" ? Not cool man !

Anyway you're not really helping your case by using Tekken as an example, or any fighting game for that matter, their plots and characters are attrocious. Infact just about anygame with this kind focused competitive structure like Arena Shooters or Sports and racing games, its going to be difficuly to attach themes around this one single type of activity. More importantly I think cutscenes are just proving that games suck at stories, further reinforcing that movies are better at this, so I guess the issue: is it the games that are the problem or the people playing them ? If I walk into a movie theatre and say "whats with all the video, putting words on the screen instead of images would make for a better experience !" obviously they would tell me to go **** off and read a book, hell they might even buy me one, so why are video games different ? Is it simply because the number of people who prefer cutscenes outnumber the number of people who don't ? It wouldn't be the 1st time something becomes right due to simple Majority Rules.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By branketra

@Lulu_Lulu: Fighting games with stories feature a variety of themes which are focused upon individual characters. For example, a theme of Ryu's story is continual improvement of oneself. Another is theme of M. Bison's story: The pursuit of immortality. Though those two themes can be related, they are not with Ryu and M. Bison's conflicting perspectives in that they each seek different forms of mastery. Likewise, other video games in this same genre consist of intellectual ideas.

Films with text can make for a better experience. Subtitles in a known language breaks the barriers of misunderstanding. In a similar sense, video games with cutscenes can expand upon a story in ways that would be minimal without them thus more understood.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@BranKetra

All of which are completely disconnected from the part of the game that actually is a game. Not to mention those things were handled poorly, even in the movie, infact all of Capcom's movies sucked.

As for subtitles.... That doesn't count. Thats not the samething as cutscenes, they are not for accessibility.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By branketra

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@BranKetra

All of which are completely disconnected from the part of the game that actually is a game. Not to mention those things were handled poorly, even in the movie, infact all of Capcom's movies sucked.

As for subtitles.... That doesn't count. Thats not the samething as cutscenes, they are not for accessibility.

The focus of my previous post is understanding lore of video games through character development by cutscenes. It is not accessibility, but rather more specifically association.

I disagree with everything else you said in your post I quoted here.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Notorious1234NA

Figures a SCVI thread devolves into movies, films, music, and cutscenes

No wonder the franchise is so shit now

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 branketra

@notorious1234na said:

Figures a SCVI thread devolves into movies, films, music, and cutscenes

>Implying a video game which is not released is more "evolved" than film, music, and an aspect of video games.

Stay classy

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Notorious1234NA

@BranKetra: fail

thread =/= game

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By branketra

The opening post of this topic was partially about music, so right away it was something you disliked, but you did not mention that. Music is a major part of SoulCalibur, so it is relevant to this topic.

Considering this is about what we would like to see in the next SoulCalibur, anyone can say he or she would like cutscenes in them and it is fine. Comparing and contrasting is something many individuals do when discussing topics of interest. Just because you dislike the way a conversation is going does not call upon your rudeness to redirect discussion.

Simply put, that is a bad way to talk to people.

Narayami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Narayami
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

Soul calibur right now is dead.

I already expressed my opinion in other website so im gonna make it quick.

***** new characters + stupid fight mechanics + stupid story(1h to finish the game) + no old characters = shit.

The game will be good when go back at sc 1, 2 or even 3( series started droping in sc3).

As a player and fan since soulblade i must sadly say that sc will not last longer. If they make a 6 they need a reset and look back to the old series.

Thats why i keep saying that ps2 brought us the best games.

Oh one more thing, my fucking sophitia is dead... Ok. Good luck namco.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 branketra

@narayami: Please do not revive old threads.