Sony teases "the future" of Playstation - countdown to 2/20/13

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darkeroid2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Darkeroid2212
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

ps4kaz2fsr7.jpg

I found this on the Gaf thread,2nd page. Could this be??

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

:lol:

i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

ROFLMFAO  :lol:

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

:lol:

S0lidSnake

Wow these gifs are amazing. 

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#156 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
This is gonna be an awesome month. First a new Diehard movie, than the new playstation? Damn son sh1t be off the hook!
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

*looks at date*

It's not here yet!!

Grrrr!

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Vari3ty

*looks at date*

It's not here yet!!

Grrrr!

GreekGameManiac

Slowest two weeks I can remember. 

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GreekGameManiac

Slowest two weeks I can remember. 

Vari3ty

The last two weeks bfr Skyward Sword's release felt like that,to me.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

According to VG leaks, an evolved version of the Eyetoy with a resolution of 1280 x 720 and a 4 microphone array at 48 khz will be packaged with every PS4. Such cameras normally retail for 25-30 bucks on PCs so this won't add much to the manufacturing cost, but its something that should have been sold on the side IMHO.

http://www.vgleaks.com/orbis-dual-camera-whats-this/

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

According to VG leaks, an evolved version of the Eyetoy with a resolution of 1280 x 720 and a 4 microphone array at 48 khz will be packaged with every PS4. Such cameras normally retail for 25-30 bucks on PCs so this won't add much to the manufacturing cost, but its something that should have been sold on the side IMHO.

CarnageHeart
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 S0lidSnake

CarnageHeart

They have not one but two cameras. And a PS Move controller. We are looking at around $30-$40 in extra cost. That's money better spent elsewhere (more RAM, better GPU etc.)

Though I wouldnt mind paying $399 for Move 2.0 to be bundled in every console. Infamous plays great with the Move, I want all my TPS to support move from now on.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

S0lidSnake

They have not one but two cameras. And a PS Move controller. We are looking at around $30-$40 in extra cost. That's money better spent elsewhere (more RAM, better GPU etc.)

Though I wouldnt mind paying $399 for Move 2.0 to be bundled in every console. Infamous plays great with the Move, I want all my TPS to support move from now on.

I never tried Infamous with the Move, but I did enjoy Dead Space Extraction (it was a much better game than the deeply disappointing DS2), Okami HD and of course LBP.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

F1Lengend

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The hell, Sony? No one wants this. 

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 S0lidSnake

Rumor: Killzone 4 to be a launch title for the PS4.

I am not sure how GG can be doing two games at once. They already have their cambridge studio working on KZ Vita, how many other studios do they have?

In related news, the KZ2 mp director is back with GG after leaving before the KZ3 development started. I liked KZ3 MP, but it was a shadow of the greatness that was KZ2 multiplayer. Hope this means spawn grenades are back!

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 CarnageHeart

Rumor: Killzone 4 to be a launch title for the PS4.

I am not sure how GG can be doing two games at once. They already have their cambridge studio working on KZ Vita, how many other studios do they have?

In related news, the KZ2 mp director is back with GG after leaving before the KZ3 development started. I liked KZ3 MP, but it was a shadow of the greatness that was KZ2 multiplayer. Hope this means spawn grenades are back!

S0lidSnake

I hope KZ4's multiplayer gets away from unlockables and just makes the game skill based rather than rewarding people willing to jump through silly hoops. I never did unlock the heavy pistol (useful) pistol just because that would have required running around shooting people with the ineffective default pistol.

I also hope that recoil returns to the series.

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
I want KZ4 to retain the classic "heavy" feel. I don't want Call of Duty: Modern Helghan, I want Killzone 4.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#169 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
God no, the controls were the worst part of Killzone..... besides the story. I hope the developers get with it and modernize them. Also lol at eyetoy and motion controls. They were worthless gimmicks years ago, are still worthless gimmicks today and will continue to be worthless gimmicks in the future. Still won't keep me from buying a PS4 as long as they have a normal controller though.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 S0lidSnake

I want KZ4 to retain the classic "heavy" feel. I don't want Call of Duty: Modern Helghan, I want Killzone 4.SulIy

Nope, Killzone 3 controls were perfect. They still had the heavy feel of Killzone 2 without the ridiculous input lag. 

I would like to see the recoil come back though. 

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#171 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

[QUOTE="Pedro"]

That is just the logo

S0lidSnake

Pedro, any last words before Sony devs blow us away with awesome graphics? :P

Sorry i am late on the response but today's news gives insight. "The PlayStation 4's main selling point will not be its rumored beefed up hardware specifications, but rather how it will introduce new play options." Hmmm, i wonder how much of a leap that is going to be? :p
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Pedro

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

I'm glad to see this forum coming alive again.

S0lidSnake

This gen went on for far too long. We shouldve been doing this two years ago. These are two years of my life I will never get back... f*ck Sony and especially MS! Theie console was due in 2011. 

Anyway, heres another cIassic from gaf. I havent seen that forum this excited in years. 

This what i don't get. Most people complained that this generation is running too long and in the same breath get excited over the possibilities of the same games that they have been playing all this time. I can't wait to see the next "insert same old franchise".

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#174 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Oh so you dont want the Penis Move?

Huh thought that would be right up your alley.

This is not fake, it is real, there is a game where you use your penis to play.

http://kotaku.com/5982725/a-penis+powered-controller-that-looks-familiar

dvader654

Goddammit, Japan.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

c_rake

Goddammit, Japan.

You should've seen the comments in the discussion board...lol "My friends and I have it preordered and are gonna have joint custody of it (a week at my house, a week at another's house, a week at another's house, etc.)" EWW!!
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Pedro"]

That is just the logo

Pedro

Pedro, any last words before Sony devs blow us away with awesome graphics? :P

Sorry i am late on the response but today's news gives insight. "The PlayStation 4's main selling point will not be its rumored beefed up hardware specifications, but rather how it will introduce new play options." Hmmm, i wonder how much of a leap that is going to be? :p

Looking at the leaked specs:

• 1.8 Tflops GPU vs .25 Tflops GPU = 7.36X better
  • 4GB DDR5 RAM vs .5GB DDR2 RAM = 8X better + 5X faster
  • Easier to develop for, more PC like architecture, easier and faster access to the low level hardware = Priceless.

They have to sell this console to the masses. This is Sony's biggest product in years. This is their iPhone 5. Of course they are going to focus on the new features, and yes most of these new features are going to be social features. We know the games are coming. We know they have at least 5 of their best studios working on new IPs for next gen. We know they are not going with a cheap, relatively underpowered hardware like Nintendo and to a lesser extent Microsoft, they already have the core. Now they need to get the casuals. And that's fine with me. 

If they dont show any games or dont release the specs then I'll be upset, but that's very unlikely.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

I'm glad to see this forum coming alive again.

Pedro

This gen went on for far too long. We shouldve been doing this two years ago. These are two years of my life I will never get back... f*ck Sony and especially MS! Theie console was due in 2011. 

Anyway, heres another cIassic from gaf. I havent seen that forum this excited in years. 

This what i don't get. Most people complained that this generation is running too long and in the same breath get excited over the possibilities of the same games that they have been playing all this time. I can't wait to see the next "insert same old franchise".

If you knew me well, you'd know how disappointed I was with Uncharted 3, Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 because they were so similar to their predecessors. You'd know how I've personally convinced dvader to skip purchasing God of War Ascension. I dont want to play the same game again next gen. I didnt even want to play the same game this gen. I want them to do something different with every single entry, that's why I love the MGS series. 

I dont understand people who want the same thing over and over again. So yes, I am the same as you. The only difference is that I know new hardware generally brings new advancements in gameplay and technology, and I am optimistically hoping Naughty Dog and Guerrilla inject new blood into these franchises. Personally I'd rather GG show the new RPG they are working on, but I will take a revamped Killzone as well. 

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

Travo_basic

Goddammit, Japan.

You should've seen the comments in the discussion board...lol "My friends and I have it preordered and are gonna have joint custody of it (a week at my house, a week at another's house, a week at another's house, etc.)" EWW!!

Oh now you are against the used game market as well!?!

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Oh now you are against the used game market as well!?!S0lidSnake

That market is indefensible in this case.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="c_rake"]

Goddammit, Japan.

S0lidSnake

Oh now you are against the used game market as well!?!

Not at all! You are welcome to buy it used.... and abused?
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Pedro

And why not, franchises can introduce new mechanics and gameplay ideas with new hardware power. Its through those existing franchises that we can explore our favorite genres. dvader654

Well if you are fond of playing the same old game over and over and over thats fine. However, I would like at least a new skin of the same gameplay mechanics than the same skin with the same gameplay mechanics. And lets be realistic, the majority of franchises are static so in essence its the same game with slightly improved graphics. 

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Pedro

If you knew me well, you'd know how disappointed I was with Uncharted 3, Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 because they were so similar to their predecessors. You'd know how I've personally convinced dvader to skip purchasing God of War Ascension. I dont want to play the same game again next gen. I didnt even want to play the same game this gen. I want them to do something different with every single entry, that's why I love the MGS series. 

I dont understand people who want the same thing over and over again. So yes, I am the same as you. The only difference is that I know new hardware generally brings new advancements in gameplay and technology, and I am optimistically hoping Naughty Dog and Guerrilla inject new blood into these franchises. Personally I'd rather GG show the new RPG they are working on, but I will take a revamped Killzone as well. 

S0lidSnake

Well we are on the same page. However, most devs spend the majority of their resources in making things look pretty. Hopefully the market has matured to the point where pretty graphics aren't going to move folks as much as it did in this and prior generations.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 GreekGameManiac

Ugh,is this what Hell is like?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Pedro

Well we are on the same page. However, most devs spend the majority of their resources in making things look pretty. Hopefully the market has matured to the point where pretty graphics aren't going to move folks as much as it did in this and prior generations.

I personally believe developers dont want to make the same game over and over again. If Naughty Dog is stuck making Uncharted again under a mandate from Sony then they will definitely try spicing things up a bit. If they dont then what's the point? I will rent it just like I rented Halo 4 and how i'll be renting GoW:A.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="Pedro"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Anyway, heres another cIassic from gaf. I havent seen that forum this excited in years. S0lidSnake

I was disappointed by Uncharted 3 not because it was similar to Uncharted 2 but because it wasn't as good (the Drake's childhood sections were bad and the fact that Drake spent so much time alone was disappointing). There were some really brilliant parts (the boat and the airplane spring to mind) which make me glad I played it though.

KZ3's problem was that it was too dissimilar to KZ2. The guy in KZ2 felt like a guy using heavy weapons (with heavy recoil) while wearing heavy body armor. The guy in KZ3 felt like the standard jumpy boy one finds in most first person shooters. Also, KZ2 focused on combat and did it very, very well. KZ3 did combat even better but they threw in a lot of vehicle segments and stealth bits. I enjoyed most of the vehicle segments (though the stealth bit in the jungle sucked) but they made for a less cohesive game. Its like Guerilla was so desperate to please their detractors that they ignored their fans (predicatably, KZ3's sales didn't come anywhere near 2's). I had a lot of fun with KZ3 up until I got to the space section though (that felt so bad it felt like it was from another game).

I don't see your issue with Infamous 2. New city, new weapons, new powers, much more destructibility and a much larger sense of scale. Infamous 2 did everything a sequel should do.

My take on sequels getting crazy is that developers/publishers who are bored with franchise A should move on to franchise B rather than mangle the franchise they are bored with. Unless a heavy sense of franchise fatigue has set in among fans (as was the case with the REs which immediately preceded RE4) such a move only triggers a backlash even if the new formula is good (DMC has gotten a lot of praise, but its sales are far below what Capcom was hoping for).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-05-capcom-reduces-devil-may-cry-sales-target-by-800k

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#188 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Personally I'm expecting a very brief announcement, nothing too in depth because it'll be them starting to hype it so they wont show everything. They'll probably focus on the Vita a lot.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 CarnageHeart

Indie games aren't the sort of thing that are shown off at press conferences, but I hope both Sony is both cultivating relationships with talented indie developers and just generally making things as easy as possible for indies.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Indie games aren't the sort of thing that are shown off at press conferences, but I hope both Sony is both cultivating relationships with talented indie developers and just generally making things as easy as possible for indies.CarnageHeart

I don't see why they wouldn't. They created their own indie fund program, yeah? Probably gonna make good use of it with the PS4.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 S0lidSnake

I was disappointed by Uncharted 3 not because it was similar to Uncharted 2 but because it wasn't as good (the Drake's childhood sections were bad and the fact that Drake spent so much time alone was disappointing). There were some really brilliant parts (the boat and the airplane spring to mind) which make me glad I played it though.

KZ3's problem was that it was too dissimilar to KZ2. The guy in KZ2 felt like a guy using heavy weapons (with heavy recoil) while wearing heavy body armor. The guy in KZ3 felt like the standard jumpy boy one finds in most first person shooters. Also, KZ2 focused on combat and did it very, very well. KZ3 did combat even better but they threw in a lot of vehicle segments and stealth bits. I enjoyed most of the vehicle segments (though the stealth bit in the jungle sucked) but they made for a less cohesive game. Its like Guerilla was so desperate to please their detractors that they ignored their fans (predicatably, KZ3's sales didn't come anywhere near 2's). I had a lot of fun with KZ3 up until I got to the space section though (that felt so bad it felt like it was from another game).

I don't see your issue with Infamous 2. New city, new weapons, new powers, much more destructibility and a much larger sense of scale. Infamous 2 did everything a sequel should do.

My take on sequels getting crazy is that developers/publishers who are bored with franchise A should move on to franchise B rather than mangle the franchise they are bored with. Unless a heavy sense of franchise fatigue has set in among fans (as was the case with the REs which immediately preceded RE4) such a move only triggers a backlash even if the new formula is good (DMC has gotten a lot of praise, but its sales are far below what Capcom was hoping for).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-05-capcom-reduces-devil-may-cry-sales-target-by-800k

CarnageHeart

I reviewed all these games in the ROF thread, so my detailed impressions are there if you want to read them. I'll be quick here:

Uncharted 3: Yes, it has some of the best setpieces ever in a video game. And yes, leaving Drake alone for half the game was a mistake. My main complaint is how the other non-setpiece segments just felt boring. The first ten chapters are mostly puzzle solving with some shootouts here and there, and I was just bored playing them. They stuck too close to the formula and it got predictable and hence boring. The shooting segments also went back to the respawning arena shooting of the first Uncharted which were terrible. And the last one was how they hinted at exploring this huge desert and what we ended up getting was the most linear BS level in the game. Where is the adventure in that?

Infamous 2: Go back and play this game again, and this time notice how dead the city feels. You can barely hear anything when you're on rooftops. I commend them for giving us a new city and new powers to play with, but the game just didn't come together like I hoped it would. Having only three boss fights, two of which were repeated didnt help either. It was a very by the numbers game that didnt do anything particularly well.

Killzone 3: You know how much i enjoyed this game. It's still my favorite campaign this gen after Halo Reach. But there is no denying that it became too linear, too CoDified and too predictable. The ending was the worst ending I've ever seen. Warzone is boring as hell now that there are no spawn grenades. The campaign felt rushed, just like Uncharted and it was just more of the same instead of an actual evolution of the franchise like MGS3 and MGS4. There was no online coop mode even though Operations is basically horde mode with objectives thrown in. They even have bots, so why not make a coop mode where you fight helghast soldiers on Elite difficulty with four of your friends? I still dont know why they coudn't have included the cIass based gameplay from the MP to the SP. They are doing it now with Killzone vita, but as a full fledged exclusive, Killzone 3 deserved better.

Tell me this, if KZ4 has the same linear campaign of KZ3 albeit with preitter graphics, would you buy it?  

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

S0lidSnake

I reviewed all these games in the ROF thread, so my detailed impressions are there if you want to read them. I'll be quick here:

Uncharted 3: Yes, it has some of the best setpieces ever in a video game. And yes, leaving Drake alone for half the game was a mistake. My main complaint is how the other non-setpiece segments just felt boring. The first ten chapters are mostly puzzle solving with some shootouts here and there, and I was just bored playing them. They stuck too close to the formula and it got predictable and hence boring. The shooting segments also went back to the respawning arena shooting of the first Uncharted which were terrible. And the last one was how they hinted at exploring this huge desert and what we ended up getting was the most linear BS level in the game. Where is the adventure in that?

Infamous 2: Go back and play this game again, and this time notice how dead the city feels. You can barely hear anything when you're on rooftops. I commend them for giving us a new city and new powers to play with, but the game just didn't come together like I hoped it would. Having only three boss fights, two of which were repeated didnt help either. It was a very by the numbers game that didnt do anything particularly well.

Killzone 3: You know how much i enjoyed this game. It's still my favorite campaign this gen after Halo Reach. But there is no denying that it became too linear, too CoDified and too predictable. The ending was the worst ending I've ever seen. Warzone is boring as hell now that there are no spawn grenades. The campaign felt rushed, just like Uncharted and it was just more of the same instead of an actual evolution of the franchise like MGS3 and MGS4. There was no online coop mode even though Operations is basically horde mode with objectives thrown in. They even have bots, so why not make a coop mode where you fight helghast soldiers on Elite difficulty with four of your friends? I still dont know why they coudn't have included the cIass based gameplay from the MP to the SP. They are doing it now with Killzone vita, but as a full fledged exclusive, Killzone 3 deserved better.

Tell me this, if KZ4 has the same linear campaign of KZ3 albeit with preitter graphics, would you buy it?

Not hearing many things on the rooftop strikes me as an odd thing to criticize a superhero game for, but I'll give Infamous 2 (which I've played through three times) another spin sometime in the near future (right now I'm focused on Ni No Kuni).

Free roaming has its place, but its not something that improves every game type. KZ is an action series, most action games are linear (it allows the intensity to stay dialed up). Bigger battlefields, cool new weapons, interesting new enemies and a return to the old controls in KZ4 would suit me fine. Online coop would be extremely cool, but its not a make or break for me.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 S0lidSnake

Not hearing many things on the rooftop strikes me as an odd thing to criticize a superhero game for, but I'll give Infamous 2 (which I've played through three times) another spin sometime in the near future (right now I'm focused on Ni No Kuni).

Free roaming has its place, but its not something that improves every game type. KZ is an action series, most action games are linear (it allows the intensity to stay dialed up). Bigger battlefields, cool new weapons, interesting new enemies and a return to the old controls in KZ4 would suit me fine. Online coop would be extremely cool, but its not a make or break for me.

CarnageHeart

Well the rooftops thing was just an example. There is no crowd to speak of in the flooded town, and in the industrial area. So rooftops or on the ground, both those towns felt dead. It's one of those things that really hurts the atmosphere and speaks to the overall lack of polish of the game.

Mass Effect level design is as linear as you can get, but the freedom they give you in the combat comes from the arsenal you have. Aside from the biotic powers, Killzone has all the cIass based stuff Mass Effect has yet they refuse to add that in the single player. Remember the first Killzone had multiple characters with different set of weapons for each of them. A natural evolution would've been to expand upon these cIasses and build a game around that instead of apeing Call of Duty. They did go cIass based in the MP, so you could argue that they did evolve, but as someone who wants a meatier single player, I want all that stuff to be added in the SP. As Sony's first party studio, their job is to take risks and evolve the FPS genre, lead from the front instead of following the most generic shooter ever made.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 S0lidSnake

In Ten Days

In Ten Days, we might see the next gen Killzone.
In Ten Days, we might finally see the last Guardian with next gen graphics.
In Ten Days, we might see the next gen Motorstorm.
In Ten Days, we might see Kojima present the full length next gen MGS5 trailer.
In Ten Days, we might see a next gen Miiverse created by Media Molecule.
In Ten Days, we might see a next gen Naughty Dog game. A Next gen Uncharted, next gen Gran Turismo with amazing snow and rain effects.
In Ten Days, we might see new IPs from Sucker Punch, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica, Evolution Studios and Ready At Dawn.
In Ten Days, i might die of excitement.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Pedro

In Ten Days

In Ten Days, we might see a next gen Naughty Dog game. A Next gen Uncharted, next gen Gran Turismo with amazing snow and rain effects.
In Ten Days, we might see new IPs from Sucker Punch, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica, Evolution Studios and Ready At Dawn.

S0lidSnake
In ten days you will still be waiting months even years for the things shown and thats if they are shown.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

S0lidSnake

Well the rooftops thing was just an example. There is no crowd to speak of in the flooded town, and in the industrial area. So rooftops or on the ground, both those towns felt dead. It's one of those things that really hurts the atmosphere and speaks to the overall lack of polish of the game.

Mass Effect level design is as linear as you can get, but the freedom they give you in the combat comes from the arsenal you have. Aside from the biotic powers, Killzone has all the cIass based stuff Mass Effect has yet they refuse to add that in the single player. Remember the first Killzone had multiple characters with different set of weapons for each of them. A natural evolution would've been to expand upon these cIasses and build a game around that instead of apeing Call of Duty. They did go cIass based in the MP, so you could argue that they did evolve, but as someone who wants a meatier single player, I want all that stuff to be added in the SP. As Sony's first party studio, their job is to take risks and evolve the FPS genre, lead from the front instead of following the most generic shooter ever made.

A lack of foot traffic made sense in the areas where there wasn't much foot traffic (the flooded part of the city was highlighted by dangerous thugs, deep water and a lack of electricity, so it wouldn't make sense for there to be pedestrians wandering around). As with the original, Infamous 2 was cool in that civilians (and the police) responded to you based on your reputation. Going through the city and having people either thanking your or wishing they had the power to kill you was pretty cool.

Class based SP could be interesting, though KZ Mercenary's giving players a couple ways to play through and a bunch of weapons to do it sounds like the same difference to me.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Vari3ty

In Ten Days

S0lidSnake

10 days! The anticipation is really getting to me.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

In Ten Days

Pedro

In ten days you will still be waiting months even years for the things shown and thats if they are shown.

Im ok with that. We have an insane fall-esque spring line up of games coming up so that should hold me over until E3. Then backlog in the summer and GTAV in the September, 720 in October and PS4 in November. 

The wait wont be that bad.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GreekGameManiac

In Ten Days

S0lidSnake

In ten days,Kaz will destroy and recreate the world.

:)

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 CarnageHeart

Both Media Molecule (LBP, Tearaway) and Evolution Studios (Motorstorm) are teasing new projects, with Evolution explicitly stating their project will be revealed on the 20th.

http://www.psu.com/a018259/Media-Molecule-hints-at-new-project

http://www.psu.com/a018259/Media-Molecule-hints-at-new-project