So why did people complain about Crysis 3's story length?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Honestly, if people beat it in 5 hours then they played it wrong. There isn't any joy in just cloaking and avoiding any gunfire through the whole campaign. Same could be said about just running in guns blazing like CoD. Any game can be short if you just sprint to the finish line.

I'm midway through the 4th level and at 7.5 hours in. I can see me finishing the game with at least 12 hours clocked in.

mythicgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 mythicgamer
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

It took me about ten hours. I was excited for the game. I even pre-ordered it. However, when i beat it, i was not too happy with it. It was somewhat short. I tired several different stratigies also. The story seemed strange also.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Because a lot of people just rushed through the game without using the cloak and planning their attacks.

Took me about 10 hours also playing stealthy.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

I haven't played it, but I beat in Crysis 2 in 7 hours instead of 12 like others said. I loved it, but I wanted more.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ristactionjakso

@mythicgamer said:

It took me about ten hours. I was excited for the game. I even pre-ordered it. However, when i beat it, i was not too happy with it. It was somewhat short. I tired several different stratigies also. The story seemed strange also.

The story in Crysis 2 is a lot stranger lol. To many plot holes and questions left un answered.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ristactionjakso

@marcheegsr said:

Because a lot of people just rushed through the game without using the cloak and planning their attacks.

Took me about 10 hours also playing stealthy.

Ya, I mean I like to get the most out of games. I like stalking/hunting the humans and aliens. I like to spook them and what not, it's fun. I also search every nook and cranny. I can see myself replaying this game again and again too. I beat the 1rst Crysis like 3 or 4 times now and I like Crysis 3 better.

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

@mythicgamer said:

The story in Crysis 2 is a lot stranger lol. To many plot holes and questions left un answered.

Crysis 2 story just made up a bunch of random things and new aliens so they could extend the series. None of it really made sense to me. They also nerfed all the suit abilities so they weren't anywhere close to as fun as the first game. Main example would be the super speed, it's not very super anymore. More like normal speed that uses up suit abilities.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ristactionjakso

@LightEffect said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@mythicgamer said:

Crysis 2 story just made up a bunch of random things and new aliens so they could extend the series. None of it really made sense to me. They also nerfed all the suit abilities so they weren't anywhere close to as fun as the first game. Main example would be the super speed, it's not very super anymore. More like normal speed that uses up suit abilities.

The running on suit energy is the number 1 reason why i hate crysis 2. At least in 1 you could still run after your energy depleted, just not as fast. 3 fixes that issue.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I beat in 3.5 hours.

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

@LightEffect said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@mythicgamer said:

The running on suit energy is the number 1 reason why i hate crysis 2. At least in 1 you could still run after your energy depleted, just not as fast. 3 fixes that issue.

Exactly, none of the abilities are actually boosts. If anything they just take power from you while not making things any easier.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

The Crysis games have always had longer campaigns than comparative FPS's. People just LOVE to hate on EA.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ristactionjakso

@firefox59 said:

The Crysis games have always had longer campaigns than comparative FPS's. People just LOVE to hate on EA.

I don't get all the EA hate. They do publish a lot of great games.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I think I took 6 hours playing on Hard. I just didn't see much of a reason to explore much or not use stealth and get involved in some unnecessary fights. Plus, if I die, that's a lot of time wasted if I were really taking it slow. It was a decent campaign, though not up to par with the previous Crysis games in my opinion. Aside from the suit abilities, it's pretty much a run of the mill shooter. I'm glad there's some closure to the series I suppose. But in the end, Crysis 3 is going to be a fairly forgettable game.