So why did people complain about Crysis 3's story length?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

Honestly, if people beat it in 5 hours then they played it wrong. There isn't any joy in just cloaking and avoiding any gunfire through the whole campaign. Same could be said about just running in guns blazing like CoD. Any game can be short if you just sprint to the finish line.

I'm midway through the 4th level and at 7.5 hours in. I can see me finishing the game with at least 12 hours clocked in.

#2 Posted by mythicgamer (12 posts) -

It took me about ten hours. I was excited for the game. I even pre-ordered it. However, when i beat it, i was not too happy with it. It was somewhat short. I tired several different stratigies also. The story seemed strange also.

#3 Edited by marcheegsr (2991 posts) -

Because a lot of people just rushed through the game without using the cloak and planning their attacks.

Took me about 10 hours also playing stealthy.

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9175 posts) -

I haven't played it, but I beat in Crysis 2 in 7 hours instead of 12 like others said. I loved it, but I wanted more.

#5 Edited by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

@mythicgamer said:

It took me about ten hours. I was excited for the game. I even pre-ordered it. However, when i beat it, i was not too happy with it. It was somewhat short. I tired several different stratigies also. The story seemed strange also.

The story in Crysis 2 is a lot stranger lol. To many plot holes and questions left un answered.

#6 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

Because a lot of people just rushed through the game without using the cloak and planning their attacks.

Took me about 10 hours also playing stealthy.

Ya, I mean I like to get the most out of games. I like stalking/hunting the humans and aliens. I like to spook them and what not, it's fun. I also search every nook and cranny. I can see myself replaying this game again and again too. I beat the 1rst Crysis like 3 or 4 times now and I like Crysis 3 better.

#7 Edited by LightEffect (63 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

@mythicgamer said:

It took me about ten hours. I was excited for the game. I even pre-ordered it. However, when i beat it, i was not too happy with it. It was somewhat short. I tired several different stratigies also. The story seemed strange also.

The story in Crysis 2 is a lot stranger lol. To many plot holes and questions left un answered.

Crysis 2 story just made up a bunch of random things and new aliens so they could extend the series. None of it really made sense to me. They also nerfed all the suit abilities so they weren't anywhere close to as fun as the first game. Main example would be the super speed, it's not very super anymore. More like normal speed that uses up suit abilities.

#8 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

@LightEffect said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@mythicgamer said:

It took me about ten hours. I was excited for the game. I even pre-ordered it. However, when i beat it, i was not too happy with it. It was somewhat short. I tired several different stratigies also. The story seemed strange also.

The story in Crysis 2 is a lot stranger lol. To many plot holes and questions left un answered.

Crysis 2 story just made up a bunch of random things and new aliens so they could extend the series. None of it really made sense to me. They also nerfed all the suit abilities so they weren't anywhere close to as fun as the first game. Main example would be the super speed, it's not very super anymore. More like normal speed that uses up suit abilities.

The running on suit energy is the number 1 reason why i hate crysis 2. At least in 1 you could still run after your energy depleted, just not as fast. 3 fixes that issue.

#9 Edited by ShepardCommandr (3214 posts) -

I beat in 3.5 hours.

#10 Posted by LightEffect (63 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

@LightEffect said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@mythicgamer said:

It took me about ten hours. I was excited for the game. I even pre-ordered it. However, when i beat it, i was not too happy with it. It was somewhat short. I tired several different stratigies also. The story seemed strange also.

The story in Crysis 2 is a lot stranger lol. To many plot holes and questions left un answered.

Crysis 2 story just made up a bunch of random things and new aliens so they could extend the series. None of it really made sense to me. They also nerfed all the suit abilities so they weren't anywhere close to as fun as the first game. Main example would be the super speed, it's not very super anymore. More like normal speed that uses up suit abilities.

The running on suit energy is the number 1 reason why i hate crysis 2. At least in 1 you could still run after your energy depleted, just not as fast. 3 fixes that issue.

Exactly, none of the abilities are actually boosts. If anything they just take power from you while not making things any easier.

#11 Posted by firefox59 (4479 posts) -

The Crysis games have always had longer campaigns than comparative FPS's. People just LOVE to hate on EA.

#12 Edited by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

The Crysis games have always had longer campaigns than comparative FPS's. People just LOVE to hate on EA.

I don't get all the EA hate. They do publish a lot of great games.

#13 Posted by SoNin360 (5651 posts) -

I think I took 6 hours playing on Hard. I just didn't see much of a reason to explore much or not use stealth and get involved in some unnecessary fights. Plus, if I die, that's a lot of time wasted if I were really taking it slow. It was a decent campaign, though not up to par with the previous Crysis games in my opinion. Aside from the suit abilities, it's pretty much a run of the mill shooter. I'm glad there's some closure to the series I suppose. But in the end, Crysis 3 is going to be a fairly forgettable game.