So what have you been playing this week?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Big_Red_Button (5479 posts) -

Topic is pretty self explanatory.

I've been playing a lot of Sim City 4 and The Binding of Isaac. Of course I've been making time for Counter Strike (I always do), and I borrowed Pikmin 2 off of a buddy of mine and have been playing that. I also got The Swapper on Steam recently and as far as puzzle games go it's pretty great so far. The puzzles are fantastic, but what really strikes me is the atmosphere.

What about you?

#2 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (198 posts) -

I've been playing Tales of Xillia, Soul Calibur V, and Starcraft 2 HotS lately.

And now Plants vs Zombies.

#3 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

Skyrim.  Finished the Dragonborn DLC and now I've started on the civil war quest.

#4 Posted by Lucianu (9353 posts) -

I've been playing GunValkyrie for the past couple of days.

a5bed62fa6df8f2ebfa323ec8187e2d7-GunValk

After finally learning the basics of the controls (learning to stay in the air for prolonged periods of time), i found the game immensly enjoyable. I'm up to the 4th stage, trying to defeat a boss. Died once after taking half of his HP, but managed to find out how to defeat him, so i'll probably kill it on my second run.

I'm still a long way from mastering the game, but at the moment it's easily one of the best games on the OG Xbox. Such a unique, addictive game. And the controls are sooo good once you get them down. They're hard as hell to comprehend, and i can see most not even bothering with the high learning curve.

But once you do get them down, there is no 3D game in existence with the level of control over your character that GunValkyrie gives you. The game wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without this complex control scheme.

#5 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10324 posts) -
Bioshock 2, by far the best one compared to the other 2. Unfortunately its made me alil complacent, so I gotta change that before N.U.N.S.3 Gets here.
#6 Posted by gameofthering (10139 posts) -

Decided to play through GTA4 again.

#7 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -
I've been replaying some Battlefield 3 and Need for Speed: The Run.
#8 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
Borderlands 2 Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2) That's it
#9 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
Payday 2 has been taking up most of my time this past week. I've also got back to playing Halo 4 a bit to check out the new Champions DLC. The new game mode Ricochet on the remake of The Pit is pretty damn awesome.
#10 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6976 posts) -

Simcity 4, Hotline Miami, and Far Cry 3. :D

#11 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

I've been playing GunValkyrie for the past couple of days.

a5bed62fa6df8f2ebfa323ec8187e2d7-GunValk

After finally learning the basics of the controls (learning to stay in the air for prolonged periods of time), i found the game immensly enjoyable. I'm up to the 4th stage, trying to defeat a boss. Died once after taking half of his HP, but managed to find out how to defeat him, so i'll probably kill it on my second run.

I'm still a long way from mastering the game, but at the moment it's easily one of the best games on the OG Xbox. Such a unique, addictive game. And the controls are sooo good once you get them down. They're hard as hell to comprehend, and i can see most not even bothering with the high learning curve.

But once you do get them down, there is no 3D game in existence with the level of control over your character that GunValkyrie gives you. The game wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without this complex control scheme.

Lucianu
GunValkyrie is definitely one of those game that when it just "clicks," it becomes immensely enjoyable. Would have loved to have played it in its original incarnation on the Dreamcast with an even more bat-shit crazy control scheme, controller in the left hand and light gun in the right hand.
#12 Posted by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

Chivalry:Medieval Werfare

Disgaea 4

War Thunder

World of Tanks

Empire Earth

and a game of Dota 2.

#13 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

Skyrim (Dragonborn DLC), Ni No Kuni, Alice: Madness Returns, Spelunky, and debating on whether or not to get Final Fantasy 14 since the new version just came out.

#14 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1127 posts) -

Just finished Trine,good little puzzle/platformer,gonna play the second one now.

#15 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto IV, Mass Effect 2 and FIFA Street.

#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70787 posts) -
Finished Need for Speed Most Wanted, started to play Tomb Raider and Borderlands 2
#17 Posted by johnd13 (7995 posts) -

Skyrim.  Finished the Dragonborn DLC and now I've started on the civil war quest.

Jackc8

Same. I' m waiting for the DLCs to be on a steam deal though. Too much they cost for me right now. Also playing L4D2.

#18 Posted by Tokeism (2323 posts) -
Rouge Legacy and Final Fantasy 14 (or at least trying to play it)
#19 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -
Splinter Cell Blacklist. Great game.
#20 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Pikmin 3. I am addicted to it. This is my first Pikmin game. I was not sure what to expect out of it but the cute little Pikmin give no indication of how brutal this game is. This is hardcore survival. Find food to survive one more day. Avoid being eaten. More depth than I expected out of it that is for sure.

#21 Posted by marcheegsr (2522 posts) -

Splinter cell Backlist online Spies vs Mercs. Addicted!

Fallout New vegas, trying this one out after beating fallout 3.

Going to get to Deadly premonition this weekend hopefully.

#22 Posted by Namgis (3573 posts) -

Ridge Racer: Unbounded & Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

Was craving some racing action. Not bad games.

#23 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

I finished Crysis 3 and have been re-playing The Darkness - wanted to get all available darkling costumes. :D

#24 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Splinter cell Backlist online Spies vs Mercs. Addicted!

Fallout New vegas, trying this one out after beating fallout 3.

Going to get to Deadly premonition this weekend hopefully.

marcheegsr

A couple of outstanding games on your list. Kudos!

#25 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Muramasa Rebirth almost exclusively. Pretty simple game but I adore the art style and overall presentation. Plus the boss fights are outstanding.

#26 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

Starhawk, SSX, Aliens vs Predator, Killzone 2 and Spelunky.

#27 Posted by Zelda99 (735 posts) -

I'm not kidding here, but i've been playing Gears of War, Kingdom Hearts II, Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Seasons. Guess im in a nostalgic mood right now.

#28 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25602 posts) -
FE: Awakening. Thinking of maxing out every single character just for the hell of it. Cleared about half the zones in Velocity Ultra.
#29 Posted by djvj_y2k (742 posts) -
Splinter Cell Blacklist on PS3 and Uncharted 3 online.
#30 Posted by luno-gamer (405 posts) -
I have also been playing sim city 4 at work to help pass the time :P love the sim city games. At home I've been playing the crap out of borderlands 2. First play through and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I think I'm on the final mission, or at least pretty close which is pretty disappointing despite how many hours I've gotten in (have been doing every optional mission, even the ones that were trivial). This is just one of those games I could play and play and play and never want to see it come to an end. When it does end, I'm going to start right back over and go again.
#31 Posted by Zassimick (6345 posts) -

The majority of my time has been spent with Ni no Kuni, which I'm loving. Doing a whole bunch of hunts and sidequests before moving forward. Nearing the 40 hour mark too. 

Thursday evening though, to celebrate my final first week of classes being done, I played through Journey in one sitting. I didn't think I was going to be as impressed as I was with that game, but wow! Such a beautiful experience that blew me away. 

#32 Posted by sukraj (22177 posts) -

I'm playing some Rage, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider and Metro Last Light.

#33 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen. Pretty good so far.
#34 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -
Been playing TMNT: Out of the Shadows for the last 3 days. It's awesome- 3 official game modes(4 if you count the survival challenge as it's own game mode). There are some odd design choices(the only online mode is campaign, Arcade mode is offline co op only, no unranked co op survival challenge), and the character upgrade system is convoluted in the extreme, but once you get the hang of the combat, the game is incredibly satisfying. Each of the turtles have their own strengths and weaknesses offering you the ability to select the character that conforms to your natural play style. Of course, this also means that there's a one-in-four chance that the turtle you're most comfortable with won't necessarily be your favorite unless you learn to adapt to the weaknesses of your favorite turtle. On the fun scale, it's head and shoulders above the likes of The Amazing Spiderman, but it doesn't approach the technical perfection of Batman: Arkham City. But then, it IS only an Arcade title.
#35 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Been playing TMNT: Out of the Shadows for the last 3 days. It's awesome- 3 official game modes(4 if you count the survival challenge as it's own game mode). There are some odd design choices(the only online mode is campaign, Arcade mode is offline co op only, no unranked co op survival challenge), and the character upgrade system is convoluted in the extreme, but once you get the hang of the combat, the game is incredibly satisfying. Each of the turtles have their own strengths and weaknesses offering you the ability to select the character that conforms to your natural play style. Of course, this also means that there's a one-in-four chance that the turtle you're most comfortable with won't necessarily be your favorite unless you learn to adapt to the weaknesses of your favorite turtle. On the fun scale, it's head and shoulders above the likes of The Amazing Spiderman, but it doesn't approach the technical perfection of Batman: Arkham City. But then, it IS only an Arcade title.El_Zo1212o

Glad to hear good things. I didn't expect anything ground breaking but rather something fun. Too bad I have to wait another month to play it :P

#36 Posted by DragonHuntress7 (126 posts) -

Divinity II: Ego Dragonis.  
The "Bunny Badger' achievement is starting to grate on my patience haha.

#37 Posted by Keegan_2634 (46 posts) -

Dragon's Crown "trying to get up to max Lv"

Borderlands 2 "all new character for dlc's"

#38 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5800 posts) -
Been playing the Jak & Daxter games... ahh good memories.
#39 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

Been doing a no kill/no detection run in Dishonored. Have to do the sixth mission over again though because apparantly I got detected at some unknown point. :evil:

Also been playing Shin megami tensai IV. Been greatly enjoying thus far. And I've been playing and enjoying Vectorman as well.

#40 Posted by benleslie5 (7776 posts) -
  • Thomas Was Alone (Steam)
  • Project X Zone (3DS)
  • Ape Escape P (PSP)
  • Animal Crossing (3DS)
#41 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

I have been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Getaway on PS2 and COD MW3/Black Ops 1 & 2.

#42 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Been playing TMNT: Out of the Shadows for the last 3 days. It's awesome- 3 official game modes(4 if you count the survival challenge as it's own game mode). There are some odd design choices(the only online mode is campaign, Arcade mode is offline co op only, no unranked co op survival challenge), and the character upgrade system is convoluted in the extreme, but once you get the hang of the combat, the game is incredibly satisfying. Each of the turtles have their own strengths and weaknesses offering you the ability to select the character that conforms to your natural play style. Of course, this also means that there's a one-in-four chance that the turtle you're most comfortable with won't necessarily be your favorite unless you learn to adapt to the weaknesses of your favorite turtle. On the fun scale, it's head and shoulders above the likes of The Amazing Spiderman, but it doesn't approach the technical perfection of Batman: Arkham City. But then, it IS only an Arcade title.IndianaPwns39

Glad to hear good things. I didn't expect anything ground breaking but rather something fun. Too bad I have to wait another month to play it :P

It's appalling, the kind of reviews it's been getting. The game is hugely entertaining, and the upgrade system is also pretty convoluted, there's very little overlap from one turtle to the next. The upgrades are deeper in an action game than in most action RPGs. It really is a great game.
#43 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
i've been playing mount and blade. i'm trying to build up my company without doing any pillaging or slaving, so i'm doing a lot of trade runs and warming up on bandits.
#44 Posted by marcheegsr (2522 posts) -

sukraj

I started Rage this week. It's not bad. I have noticed that there is alot of graphical issues though, pop ins etc. Have you noticed this? Its a shame because it is a really detailed world.

#46 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I played and finished The Last of Us and Spec Ops: The Line and will now move onto Tomb Raider I think :)

#47 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

marcheegsr

I started Rage this week. It's not bad. I have noticed that there is alot of graphical issues though, pop ins etc. Have you noticed this? Its a shame because it is a really detailed world.

The graphics are insanely good when standing still, but move the camera and the textures are really bad and take so long to load that its distracting throughout the experience.

#48 Posted by MirkoS77 (7177 posts) -
Been playing some Batman AC challenge maps. 400k score on Iceberg Lounge, Z. ;)

Also been playing the new Tomb Raider, man what an amazing reboot it is. I can only hope the new Thief is as good when it arrives.
#49 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. 

#50 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -
Been playing some Batman AC challenge maps. 400k score on Iceberg Lounge, Z. ;) MirkoS77
Awesome! Keep working at it- you'll be surprised how small the gap between 400k and a million or two can be.