So The Witcher 3 map is %20 larger than Skyrim?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

36 possible endings, 12 world states, and 3 playable epilogues? Sounds like some good replay value. I'm hoping for many random events.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Don't forget, quality >>>> quantity.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

The main thing I look for in RPG's. I still enjoy Skyrim vanilla and mods take it to another level. So far The Witcher 3 is looking pretty sweet. Just wish you could at least create your own Witcher like you can create your own Shepard in Mass Effect.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@HipHopBeats: Hmm, honestly i couldn´t care less about the map size.

I have never been able to get caught up in the Skyrim wave and even tho i have witcher 3 i wont be playing it because of the mapsize, if it captures me it does it because of the story and characters.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I agree, although I think someone should have pushed this point at Bethesda regarding Skyrim, tbh... It sounds like a lot of TE3's side stuff is super deep (some reviewers imply deeper than the main quest in fact)

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Probably a good thing that they have a meaningful and tight story where actions have real and lasting consequences, but I'm still not sure if this title is for me.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#7 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

The games with the biggest maps of all (MMOs) are often the games with the most underwhelming gameplay, so I wouldn't put any stock in the size of a world.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

36 possible endings, 12 world states, and 3 playable epilogues...Judging from the older witcher games all of there will be overly fake with dark and depressing events. I play through those story once and not care about doing the others. If I want a game with a decent store then I will go with a game with a linear story with not branching elements.

To the game part

If they want to add replay value what about then how good are the RPG elements (no the ending and the like are not apart of the RPG) like leveling up? Does it offer different way to grow the character(s) like have stats having meaningful changes. Does level up have a noticeable affect combat? I find many current RPG this is no true.