So many years of MMO's and some publishers still don't get registrations right

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Hey guys

I just thought I share this story and ask what you think about it and if you had similiar experiences?
So, I have way too much freetime right now and so decided do Download and try out Planetside 2 via Steam because I saw a TV commercial which looked appealing to me, from the look of it I thought it would be a mix of Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront maybe.

But the story isn't about the game itself. Sony seems to be not able to lift a good technical handling on Windows as it seems. And no, I don't want to complain or bash about it either. I couldn't play the game at all because it seems like even if you do anything right in the registration process (and to be honest, in most of them it's pretty hard to do anything wrong) there might occur a problem your LogIn and PW will be recognized as wrong even if they're not. Steam Forum is filled with complaints about it and several other things.

Now to the main point:

Their method of Account Registration is the most cumbersome and unhandy I have seen in AGES. If you want to contact their support you need ALSO a SOE Account as far as I know and your password reset option is limited to two a day (great when you have a problem like above mentioned, huh?)
Also, I haven't seen a registration where you had to LogIn AGAIN to confirm your Email for YEARS now. And even funnier, if you follow the Email registration link you aren't sent to a specific confirmation site but the mere simple login site.
Well, there have been several other issues I had (uneccessary issues which could easily avoided from the programmer and layout site) which made my registration process, or at least TRYING to register at all took about 45 minutes, but well, I think I have made my point clear.

Now to the question:
1. What do you think of cumbersome and hard to use basic features who are so horribly broken while it would be essential for them to work easy flowing (like luckily most do)?
2. Ever experienced a similiar story you'd like to share?

#2 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

most of that seems nitpicky to me, but if youre having log in problems then yeah its quite bad, it could just be one of the problems that recently released mmos always have and it might be fixed evenually.

#3 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

most of that seems nitpicky to me, but if youre having log in problems then yeah its quite bad, it could just be one of the problems that recently released mmos always have and it might be fixed evenually.

Armoured_Mage

Well, how nitpicky is it when you expect from a product nothing more than that it works and is covenient to use but it doesn't work, while all other products in the same category from different companies work perfectly fine there? ^^