So, I played X Rebirth...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FieldOfView

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By FieldOfView
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

To keep this pleasant to read, as much as objective bashing can be, I will drop some concise points why this game is a steaming pile of shit, instead of writing the usual book post.

• The story is laughable, at best. Voice acting is the now signature all time low for the X series.
  • Only one lousy playable ship removes all the fun for people who played the game just to get into other ships.
  • Unoptimized to the brink of destruction, the game couldn't go under 20 ms per frame even if its life depended on it (less than 50 frames per second)*
  • In heavily populated areas it slows down to a halt, combat is insufferable with the performance-induced lag.
  • The game gets a passing grade when looked from afar, up close and personal it is terrible.
  • The characters in the game are hilariously underdeveloped and recycled on every station.
  • Every station's interior looks almost exactly the same (more recycling) and it is really cramped and uneventful.
  • The ship you've got is just terrible and the prospect of flying it for the rest of the game is just insulting.
  • Even the ship's name is insulting. It's literally got "Skunk" in its name.
  • Unable to walk around the cockpit, manually dock or actually go around the ship of your own volition, the game takes static control on all the fun parts.
  • Crashes, glitches and all other kinds of terrible problems are here just like with every other entry in the X series.

*Results on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, i7-4770k @ factory 3.9 GHz, 32 GB of high freq. DDR3 RAM and 2x 690GTX (it's a development machine), with everything maxed out except AA (2x) on 1920x1080.

I'd really just recommend this to hardcore fans of the X series who can forgive just about everything and people who just like looking at their wallet display change value because some freighter (you can't control) did some dull and uneventful job. Everyone else, wait for Star Citizen or go back to Freelancer.

This game shouldn't cost $60. It should be $15 at best.

What do you guys think?

visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

@fieldofview: I want to thank you and every other gamer that bought this game and took the time to let other gamers know what a pile of crap it is. Now I can save $60 and wait for Star Citizen.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I agree ,wait for Star Citizen.

Don't waste your money on this pile of crap.

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#4 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts

Only one ship for a space sim? Wow.