so I just played 5 different fighting games on the Saturn back to back

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

the games were:

Virtua Fighter

Virtua Fighter remix

Virtua Fighter 2

Fighting Vipers

Fighters megamix

they're in the order I played them and in the order that they were launched in the west. Now, is it me, or is Virtua Fighter 2 the best looking game in the bunch? The gameplay felt smoother, the characters models looked better and so did the backgrounds.

I compared the models from Fighters Megamix to that of Virtua Fighter 2, and the Virtua Fighters 2 characters looked more detailed to me (and so did the backgrounds)

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Ive been saying that! The models are better. The people that designed them likely had a better understanding of human anatomy.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rilpas
Ive been saying that! The models are better. The people that designed them likely had a better understanding of human anatomy.Heirren
*virtua high fives you* in case you're wondering, virtua high fives are like regular high fives,but more polygonal :P
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

VF2 looks better in most ways because its in a higher resolution , 720X480, as opposed to the 320X240 Megamix was in (I think)

reason for that was that Megamix had a 3D floor, 3D walls and extra effects here and there (like shading on the characters), all of which done by the CPU.

problem obviously is that due to the limited polygon budgets at the time, the extra detail is basic, and doesn't always compensate for the lower res and

DOA basically looks like a better VF2, and I think at that time, it was proper way to create a fighting game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
AM2 were considered to be some of the best technical developers at that time. The odd thing is that the first Virtua Fighter, and Daytona, are rather lackluster.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

AM2 were considered to be some of the best technical developers at that time. The odd thing is that the first Virtua Fighter, and Daytona, are rather lackluster. Heirren

am2 also did fighters megamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]AM2 were considered to be some of the best technical developers at that time. The odd thing is that the first Virtua Fighter, and Daytona, are rather lackluster. bultje112

And?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkman2007
AM2 were considered to be some of the best technical developers at that time. The odd thing is that the first Virtua Fighter, and Daytona, are rather lackluster. Heirren
thats because they were rushed, rushing games on any system is bad , rushing games on the Saturn is worse.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rilpas

VF2 looks better in most ways because its in a higher resolution , 720X480, as opposed to the 320X240 Megamix was in (I think)

reason for that was that Megamix had a 3D floor, 3D walls and extra effects here and there (like shading on the characters), all of which done by the CPU.

problem obviously is that due to the limited polygon budgets at the time, the extra detail is basic, and doesn't always compensate for the lower res and

DOA basically looks like a better VF2, and I think at that time, it was proper way to create a fighting game.

Darkman2007

there's more then just that though, the backgrounds look better on the saturn, there's some extra detail on the characters, that sort of thing :P

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

rilpas

there's more then just that though, the backgrounds look better on the saturn, there's some extra detail on the characters, that sort of thing :P

well again , youre dealing with a smaller polygon count, so its not a big deal to just increase the resolution, or use better textures. also the FM uses shading on the characters, but its software based, so it looks a bit odd compared to what you got on the PS1 or N64, its only later games, like Panzer Saga, that get that look right. the backgrounds could just be better design (which I mostly agree, though Megamix still looks good)
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

VF2 on the Saturn was impressive for the time and for the limitations of the console (the PC port is based on the Saturn version too) but it still didn't hold a candle to the real deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrje0yVPlJY

And speaking of Virtua Fighter, how come Sega still hasn't released a VF Collection featuring arcade-perfect ports of the first four VFs?

I'm pretty sure fans of the series would buy that.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rilpas

VF2 on the Saturn was impressive for the time and for the limitations of the console (the PC port is based on the Saturn version too) but it still didn't hold a candle to the real deal:

And speaking of Virtua Fighter, how come Sega still hasn't released a VF Collection featuring arcade-perfect ports of the first four VFs?

nameless12345

they announced a collection of Sega Model 2 games incoming to PSN and XBLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

nameless12345
Im not sure. I really like the design of the first two games. VF2 was a milestone--still one of my favorite fighters to date. I will say that the reason is perhaps Virtua Fighter is one of the few fighting series that continues to refine the gameplay while retaining the characteristics of what it originally set out to do Virtua Fighter 5 is a brilliant fighting game. The depth, and smoothness of gameplay, can make prior entries feel cumbersome in comparison. Edit: wow, so there is a collection coming. Nice. Speaking of AM2, Virtua On--why has THIS series not received some updates. One of the absolute best mech fighting games ever made.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

rilpas

this is good news, although if it was me, I would thrown Sonic Fighters out (because quite honestly, it sucks) , and instead put in Indianapolis 500. it would make up for the game not making it to the Saturn.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Darkman2007

this is good news, although if it was me, I would thrown Sonic Fighters out (because quite honestly, it sucks) , and instead put in Indianapolis 500. it would make up for the game not making it to the Saturn.

I own Sonic Fighters on the Sonic Gems collection... yep, a good game it is not, even wrote a short review for it back when I was starting out :P

I did like the graphics and artstyle though

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

I own Sonic Fighters on the Sonic Gems collection... yep, a good game it is not, even wrote a short review for it back when I was starting out :P

funny enough I think they were working on a Saturn port at one point, and some of art made it into Fighters Megamix (note it has some of the same characters and backgrounds) another game they could put is Manx TT Superbike, heck , even House of the Dead ,might as well put those useless motion controls to use.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] this is good news, although if it was me, I would thrown Sonic Fighters out (because quite honestly, it sucks) , and instead put in Indianapolis 500. it would make up for the game not making it to the Saturn.Darkman2007

funny enough I think they were working on a Saturn port at one point, and some of art made it into Fighters Megamix (note it has some of the same characters and backgrounds) another game they could put is Manx TT Superbike, heck , even House of the Dead ,might as well put those useless motion controls to use.

House of the dead 1,2 and 3 would probably get me to buy Kinect, lol

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darkman2007

rilpas

House of the dead 1,2 and 3 would probably get me to buy Kinect, lol

well , given the fact my CRT stopped working, I can't play the original on the Saturn , so it would get me to consider buying a PS move at least.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]AM2 were considered to be some of the best technical developers at that time. The odd thing is that the first Virtua Fighter, and Daytona, are rather lackluster. Heirren

And?

Ive been saying that! The models are better. The people that designed them likely had a better understanding of human anatomy.

you said this. and both games were developped by the same people. vf2 and fighters megamix. it was a design choice and vf2 didn't look better than fm, it simply had high resolution

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bultje112

nameless12345

lol you again and your "facts" I doubt you ever played virtua fighter 2 in an arcade. yes it looks better than the saturn version. but definitley not a lot. backgrounds were better quite a bit, but saying it didn't hold a candle to the real deal. lol

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rilpas

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

And?

you said this. and both games were developped by the same people. vf2 and fighters megamix. it was a design choice and vf2 didn't look better than fm, it simply had high resolution

actually Virtua Fighter 2 looks better in just about every regard except the floors outside the arenas

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rilpas

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

bultje112

lol you again and your "facts" I doubt you ever played virtua fighter 2 in an arcade. yes it looks better than the saturn version. but definitley not a lot. backgrounds were better quite a bit, but saying it didn't hold a candle to the real deal. lol

it's not a fact, it's his opinion

and I agree with him, Virtua fighter 2 arcade looks miles ahead of the Saturn version

heck, how can you even compare the two? Sega's Model 2 arcade was a beast of a machine

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nameless12345

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

bultje112

Well, would you say that the arcade version of SFII wasn't much better than the 16-bit console ports?

The console ports were nice but still the arcade version was just better in every way.

It's like saying there's no difference between the current-gen consoles and current gaming PCs.

Well there is.

A large one infact.

The "not holding a candle" statement was, of course, exaggerated and you needn't take it so literally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] And?rilpas

actually Virtua Fighter 2 looks better in just about every regard except the floors outside the arenas

Plus it's also possible different 3D artists worked on the game. ...also, the arcade version did look leagues better than the Saturn one.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

rilpas

and I agree with him, Virtua fighter 2 arcade looks miles ahead of the Saturn version

heck, how can you even compare the two? Sega's Model 2 arcade was a beast of a machine

well, in the Saturn verison's defense, it is a higher res than the arcade. everything else is better in the arcade though.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

Darkman2007

well, in the Saturn verison's defense, it is a higher res than the arcade. everything else is better in the arcade though.

I knew that the Saturn version ran at an uncommonly high resolution, but I didn't know that it surpassed even the arcade version, very impressive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

rilpas

I knew that the Saturn version ran at an uncommonly high resolution, but I didn't know that it surpassed even the arcade version, very impressive

I didn't know that either. What's the source on this.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darkman2007

rilpas

every Model 2 game ran at the same resolution I think , 496X384, the Saturn version runs at 720X480 at the same frame rate. of course, the arcade verison runs everything in 3D with some effects, the Saturn replaces everything but the characters (including the floors) with 2D floors and backgrounds, with lower quality textures. had the Saturn tried to run the arcade version , it would have ran at 10-20fps, and thats a good case scenario.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] well, in the Saturn verison's defense, it is a higher res than the arcade. everything else is better in the arcade though.Heirren

very simple, 496X384 is the maximum resolution of the model 2, while the Saturn runs at a higher res. the game looks worse because everything else was downgraded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

Darkman2007

very simple, 496X384 is the maximum resolution of the model 2, while the Saturn runs at a higher res. the game looks worse because everything else was downgraded.

Yeah it's been ages since I've played either version. While the way the 2d backgrounds moved looked funky at times, I didn't know the ground was 2d as well. They did a fantastic job on the port. I remember being shocked at Battle Arena Toshinden for a home game. Part of the reason I picked up a psx. Virtua Fighter 2 was just astounding in comparison, though. If I ever got into collecting arcades, Virtua Fighter 2 would be very close to the top of the list.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Heirren"] I didn't know that either. What's the source on this.

Yeah it's been ages since I've played either version. While the way the 2d backgrounds moved looked funky at times, I didn't know the ground was 2d as well. They did a fantastic job on the port. I remember being shocked at Battle Arena Toshinden for a home game. Part of the reason I picked up a psx. Virtua Fighter 2 was just astounding in comparison, though. If I ever got into collecting arcades, Virtua Fighter 2 would be very close to the top of the list.

most Saturn 3D fighters (with the exception of the original VF) had a 2D floor, same concept as mode 7 actually, just done better due to the better hardware. the backgrounds are done by the same chip , hence why they have a layered scrolling look to them, as opposed to most PS1 fighters where the background looks like wallpaper. DOA also runs at a higher res than the arcade obviously, though I think Fighting Vipers is lower, or the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] very simple, 496X384 is the maximum resolution of the model 2, while the Saturn runs at a higher res. the game looks worse because everything else was downgraded.

. most Saturn 3D fighters (with the exception of the original VF) had a 2D floor, same concept as mode 7 actually, just done better due to the better hardware. the backgrounds are done by the same chip , hence why they have a layered scrolling look to them, as opposed to most PS1 fighters where the background looks like wallpaper. DOA also runs at a higher res than the arcade obviously, though I think Fighting Vipers is lower, or the same.

So how do they get the dimension to the ground? Because there are times when the characters interact with the very edge of the environment.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Yeah it's been ages since I've played either version. While the way the 2d backgrounds moved looked funky at times, I didn't know the ground was 2d as well. They did a fantastic job on the port. I remember being shocked at Battle Arena Toshinden for a home game. Part of the reason I picked up a psx. Virtua Fighter 2 was just astounding in comparison, though. If I ever got into collecting arcades, Virtua Fighter 2 would be very close to the top of the list.

. most Saturn 3D fighters (with the exception of the original VF) had a 2D floor, same concept as mode 7 actually, just done better due to the better hardware. the backgrounds are done by the same chip , hence why they have a layered scrolling look to them, as opposed to most PS1 fighters where the background looks like wallpaper. DOA also runs at a higher res than the arcade obviously, though I think Fighting Vipers is lower, or the same.

So how do they get the dimension to the ground? Because there are times when the characters interact with the very edge of the environment.

it could just be raised, its possible to have the 3D floor higher than the floor, so to speak. in Gungriffon for instance, they used 2 different 2D floors, one used as a floor (with 3D objects on top of it) , and one used as the sky.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

You would be right about that; VF2 is the best looking of those 5-games you just described.

Personally, my favorite fighting game on the Saturn in the original VF. I know it's not perfect and has plenty of flaws that came up when ported to the Saturn, but the asthetic and feeling to that game is timeless. Porbably one of my favorite games of all time.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darkman2007

You would be right about that; VF2 is the best looking of those 5-games you just described.

Personally, my favorite fighting game on the Saturn in the original VF. I know it's not perfect and has plenty of flaws that came up when ported to the Saturn, but the asthetic and feeling to that game is timeless. Porbably one of my favorite games of all time.

Shenmue_Jehuty
get VF remix if you didn't, its what the game should have been.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Darkman2007

I have it, but I still prefer the original VF, mostly because the character models more closely resemble the arcade models, even though they are considerably more blocky and the pixels flicker a lot. VF-Remix characters seemed to look more like VF2's characters which were more smooth looking. I know most people would see this as an upgrade, and it is, I just prefer the look and feel of the original Saturn and arcade VF better.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I have it, but I still prefer the original VF, mostly because the character models more closely resemble the arcade models, even though they are considerably more blocky and the pixels flicker a lot. VF-Remix characters seemed to look more like VF2's characters which were more smooth looking. I know most people would see this as an upgrade, and it is, I just prefer the look and feel of the original Saturn and arcade VF better.

I know what you mean , although its interesting to note that I don't think the character models actually have more polygons on them in Remix, its just that they are textured which hides that. Im interested to see what the PC version of VF1 looks like, or how close is it to the arcade.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] get VF remix if you didn't, its what the game should have been.Darkman2007

I know what you mean , although its interesting to note that I don't think the character models actually have more polygons on them in Remix, its just that they are textured which hides that. Im interested to see what the PC version of VF1 looks like, or how close is it to the arcade.

I actually heard the PC VF port is the best in terms of looking like the arcade.

Given how reletively cheap they are now (for an aracde cabinet), I'm trying to get my hands on an original VF arcade unit. I have such awesome memories of playing that game in the arcade when I was about 7/8 years old. The graphics, music, backgrounds, gameplay, all of it was and still is mindblowing to me. I think they cost about $300-$400 typically.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Darkman2007

Shenmue_Jehuty

I actually heard the PC VF port is the best in terms of looking like the arcade.

Given how reletively cheap they are now (for an aracde cabinet), I'm trying to get my hands on an original VF arcade unit. I have such awesome memories of playing that game in the arcade when I was about 7/8 years old. The graphics, music, backgrounds, gameplay, all of it was and still is mindblowing to me. I think they cost about $300-$400 typically.

how does the PC version work with a modern GPU? does it use software mode, or does it have that odd Nvidia NV1 support?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Shenmue_Jehuty

That's funny, this thread made me look up cabinet prices. I agree on VF1s overall aesthetic. I'm not sure on the Arcade prices though. It's hard to judge as there are a number of variables in the cost; are the buttons/sticks original/original replacements, is the monitor original/decent replacement, is the cabinet actually original, etc. I did see the one hovering around $400. If it was original parts I'd buy that--it even crossed my mind. I just have a feeling that a game of that age has had at least a little maintenance, or it would be selling at collectors prices. With that said, it's very possible the parts are cheap replacements.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I know what you mean , although its interesting to note that I don't think the character models actually have more polygons on them in Remix, its just that they are textured which hides that. Im interested to see what the PC version of VF1 looks like, or how close is it to the arcade.Heirren

That's funny, this thread made me look up cabinet prices. I agree on VF1s overall aesthetic. I'm not sure on the Arcade prices though. It's hard to judge as there are a number of variables in the cost; are the buttons/sticks original/original replacements, is the monitor original/decent replacement, is the cabinet actually original, etc. I did see the one hovering around $400. If it was original parts I'd buy that--it even crossed my mind. I just have a feeling that a game of that age has had at least a little maintenance, or it would be selling at collectors prices. With that said, it's very possible the parts are cheap replacements.

arcade boards are interesting, but I sadly don't have the space, or frankly the money to get them.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nameless12345

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I know what you mean , although its interesting to note that I don't think the character models actually have more polygons on them in Remix, its just that they are textured which hides that. Im interested to see what the PC version of VF1 looks like, or how close is it to the arcade.Darkman2007

how does the PC version work with a modern GPU? does it use software mode, or does it have that odd Nvidia NV1 support?

NV1, now that was a funny card.

Did quadratic rendering like the Satty and supported games (few Saturn PC ports) looked worse in hardware than software mode. :P

Not exactly a glorious beginning for Nvidia but you gotta start somewhere, eh? :P

VF1 on PC is the texture mapped Remix version and supports NV1.

And VF2 is also a Saturn port and features the option for Model 2 characters and 3D acceleration (only the floor gets filtered btw).

Compatibility on newer PCs is not good for either game.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

rilpas

obviously you never played the arcade version either. the saturn version has (much) higher resolution than arcade version and looks arguably better/similar, save backgrounds.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

bultje112

obviously you never played the arcade version either. the saturn version has (much) higher resolution than arcade version and looks arguably better/similar, save backgrounds.

nah, obviously you never played either the saturn or the arcade version

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I know what you mean , although its interesting to note that I don't think the character models actually have more polygons on them in Remix, its just that they are textured which hides that. Im interested to see what the PC version of VF1 looks like, or how close is it to the arcade.Darkman2007

I wish I could tell you, but other than what I've read and seen online, I have no idea how a current GPU would handle that game. It looks pretty good though, better than the Saturn version for sure.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I know what you mean , although its interesting to note that I don't think the character models actually have more polygons on them in Remix, its just that they are textured which hides that. Im interested to see what the PC version of VF1 looks like, or how close is it to the arcade.Heirren

I think it all depends on where you look. I've seen one working machine go for about $275 on Ebay about 6-months ago, but have seen several people try and sell working and non-working cabinets for $300 to $500. I could have kicked myself, but there was some guy on Craigslist who was liquidating an arcade he owned and had all of his cabinets listed, including a "mint condition" VF cabinet for $250. This was back in June when I found the listing, however I found it almost two months after it was originally posted. I emailed him and said that it was sold. One way or another, I would have found a way to buy it had it still been available.

But arcade parts vary in price depending on what you need and where you look for them. The best thing is to try and find arcade auctions; I heard you can find donor cabinets for as little as $10.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
Which is better , fighting vipers or fighters megamix? I'm trying to add a bunch of fighting games to my older systems( Saturn, Dreamcast, Genesis, 32X) . I was thinking of also getting Battle Arena Toshiden Remix.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Darkman2007
Which is better , fighting vipers or fighters megamix? I'm trying to add a bunch of fighting games to my older systems( Saturn, Dreamcast, Genesis, 32X) . I was thinking of also getting Battle Arena Toshiden Remix. godzillavskong
Fighters Megamix is the one you should get, since its basically Fighting Vipers, with more characters, it has the characters from FV , VF2 and a few other games . heck it has the Daytona car as a character.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Darkman2007

Shenmue_Jehuty

I wish I could tell you, but other than what I've read and seen online, I have no idea how a current GPU would handle that game. It looks pretty good though, better than the Saturn version for sure.

might be worth it if it actually works since I have an arcade joystick I can use on the PC (well , its a PS1 joystick with an adapter)