This topic is locked from further discussion.

rholding2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

Edited By rholding2000
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

k, i dont want to be that guy, but destiny is way too mediocre. Without all of the messing around, i think i finished it the games story in few hours. Now im left with shoot, hide, shoot hide over and over and over again quest/missions. I hate to say it, but its kinda boring.

Repetitive is the only word i can really use for this game. It looks great and controls really really well, but you have this massive world, stunning visuals and literally nothing to do in it. There are occasional chests and a few material pickups with the odd pack of enemies but this massive world seems empty. There is no interaction with the world. After this what you have is a Halo game which is just a bit more on the serious side and a little bit more slippy, if you get what i mean . . . . but probably not.

Enemys are totally uninteresting. Packs of 3-12 identical clones, mulling around shooting at you. They dont pose a threat in most cases. Most stay away shooting from distance at you while you yourself switch to your sniper, locate the weak point and its dead in 1 shot most of the time. I like the sense of power BUT the enemys make it far too easy for you. They stand there and take it to the face mostly. Bosses are a nice touch with the extra armor/health but then you get that one fight where you are only doing a tiny bit of damage and it drags like shit! I did a strike mission with 2 others and we were all max level, It took use AGES to kill a boss which was described in my mission brief as normal. Its not this that bothers me its the manner in which you take on the fight. Enemys spawn to just get in the way and annoy you so you kill them. you then unload as much as you can before more spawn, You must keep covering as all bosses in this game seem to have a 1 hit wonder shot which takes u to near dead. Its not hard, and boring and annoying. Shoot, reload, shoot, cover, shoot some trash . ..repeat. All this taking place at a distance. you could run in but lets face it, you die . . you have to do it all again and this game essentially after the story is a grind. Level up and collect currency is all thats left.

Loot. Unless im playing it wrong there isnt that much. you get occasional drops off mobs and there are a few chests lying around . . .ONLY A FEW THOUGH. Borderlands id have to say is the better game with this rpg loot style run and gun.

Multiplayer is something to be desired. It reminds me of shadowrun in some ways, you have 3 classes which do different stuff and hopefully if you have a good team you can complement the other classes by laying down shielding which the dps dudes can use to run in like maniacs. Balance is a real big issue with this mode. For me, theres going to be a BEST gun scenario where everyone in the end will be equipped with the same guns regardless of the hundreds of variations the game has to offer. This is to say, joining multiplayer might just be a waste of your time as the guys on the other team has faster firing harder hitting guns than you.

For me destiny is a 7/10 its good. really good and a definite buy but it comes across like Rage. Good looking, promised a massive world with lots to do but on the end is very limited and way too repetitive with no real WOW moments

EDIT: 22/09/2014 - RE Review

As always i feel its always important to replay and reevaluate scores with games which boast such grandness like this and Destiny i feel is in need of such a revisit. Have i changed my opinion on the game? Yes. In short. I found a random pick up group last week and we have become quite good friends (so to speak) and are playing the content every day, having a chat and basically playing the game! Its way much more fun now. Sitting about doing the monster cave, spinmetal/bloom/mat runs is just better. Playing the raid and working it all out has been really really good. hell i even like the grinding the same missions over and over again and just getting better at them and more efficient.

With the promise of more content, dlc and the weekly updates and that the game might open itself up more and more and more. i started to realise looking at my play time and a few streamers . . . Bungie and Destiny had to make sure that people didnt just batter the content. The more and more i think about it, its a good move. Everyone is staying pretty close to each other and you havent got too many people with just ridiculous gear who noone can compete with and you get that elitist ideal running around. Yes random loot sucks when you dont get the good stuff but i feel its this which is keeping the playing field kind of level.

It is true that there isnt THAT much content and the game does suffer from mass repetition and the story . . . yes after playing through it 3 times now . . is total garbage, who the f£%$ cares really? The fact that i know there are hundreds of players, 3 different characters . .and everyone has the same god damn lines delivered to them takes away that immersion. More shit needs to be interactive in the environment and god take away the boundaries and let us just walk all over the map! Why do all the classes get the same reward at the end of the game? Bungie missed a trick there i think and that gun could of been like an infinite level upper kind of thing, something you always have something to do with, hell even if its just 1 more point of damage/faster reload/1 more bullet in clip per 100000000 xp would at least be something!

To be honest, im happy with the game, theres something to do everyday for at least a couple of hours. Yes its repetative but if you just think . . . they have the whole solar system and the moons to build on, the next galaxy . . anything released in science today to add into the game as like a future revisit, eg find curiosity . . man the ideas they can come up with are endless and i hope they dont let us down!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#1 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Yes that's about how I'd sum it up I got bored after a while in playing it nothing said wow to me when I played it all the hype and this is what was supposed to be the next big thing. Sadly it is repetitive and seems to drag on.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

destiny looks fun and all but i feared that once you finish the game all you have to do left is going around killing dregs. and no its not over hyped.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@watchdogsrules: There's a lot more to do than just simply killing enemies after you beat the campaign. Bungie's already planning to add more story-based missions, new Crucible modes, new Strikes in, and all just as monthly events alone. I have a link to where they announce what they're planning. This game will likely never end due to this.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Events-Inbound/en/News/News?aid=12133

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 watchdogsrules

@mastermetal777: is all the extra stuff free?

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Is this another FPS grindfest like Boringlands ?

All I keep seeing is DESTINY DESTINY EVERYWHERE.

rholding2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6  Edited By rholding2000
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

some valid points made but the strike missions are still too shoot at an area for just wayyyyyyyyy too long for WAY too long. So more content of the same thing again . . .hmmmmm. the game certainly aint over hyped but its not shot forward for the genre like they did with myth and halo for example . . . . why are the worlds which are beautiful so damn empty and un interactive its thats a word

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mastermetal777

@rholding2000: It's semi post-apocalyptic. Humans were pushed out of the planets after the aliens you fight started swarming the Solar System. All of the areas you fight in are completely abandoned, that's why they feel empty. The only places that don't have aliens crawling all over are the Tower and the Reef.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mastermetal777

@watchdogsrules: all of what I mentioned is free, not DLC. The only add-ons are going to be the massive expansion packs coming at the end of the year.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By watchdogsrules

@mastermetal777: so there not DLCs, you just download it?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mastermetal777

@watchdogsrules: I don't think you download em either. They're just added to the game through the online servers. The only things you're gonna be downloading fully are the expansion packs.