so anyone here collects art books?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I seen a lot of artbooks for games and even movies these days, but what do people use it for? I mean do you look at it once and put back on the shelf? or do you take inspirations from the book for drawing? 

Avatar image for TheLastGamer122
TheLastGamer122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 TheLastGamer122
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts
I DO I DO!!! *Digs out my collection* Ok so I have the art book for Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, 2 for Bioshock Infinite, Final Fantasy Anthology art book. Metal Gear Rising Revengance, Mass Effect, Halo Collection and Halo 4, Pokémon Handbooks (They count right), Hyrule Hysteria and I have guide book that I bought for art which include: Pandora's Tower, Bioshock Infinite, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and Lost Ocean, Resonance of Fate, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. I have a could more but they are in a box that I cant find, but I love video game art books :)
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts

I seen a lot of artbooks for games and even movies these days, but what do people use it for? I mean do you look at it once and put back on the shelf? or do you take inspirations from the book for drawing? 

TheShadowLord07
Pretty much, I have 3 that are doing that right now, I'm done with them.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I've got a few lying around: 2 for Assassin's Creed + a hardcover strategy guide for AC: B. 1 for Arkham City, Tales of Legendia, Metal Gear Rising, a promotional magazine/pamphlet thing for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, and strategy guides for Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green. For the most part they just sit on my shelf next to all my comic books, but every once in a while I pull them out and flip through them.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#5 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I have a few from gaes that came with them. I like them, but not enough to pay extra for them. They are a nice bonus.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I just remembered I have a Castlevania art book I got with my Portrait of Ruin anniversary edition.