SNES vs Sega Genesis/Mega Drive [poll added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

SNES wins for me because it had more games I liked, and a better general style.

Gensis had it's moments like: the Sonic games, the superior version of Mortal Kombat, Castle of Illusion ft. Mickey Mouse (shut up it was good and I was like 9), Quackshot ft. Donald Duck (again, shut up), and Shining Force.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

I'm a huge fan of both consoles and I am a die-hard Nintendo fan, which is why it pains me to say the Genesis was slightly better.

Just to clarify, the Genesis was my first console and I was a die-hard Sega fan until I got a 64 in '97. I guess the reason I love it so much is I was a huge fan of side-scroller beat-'em-ups in my childhood, and the Genesis had Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, etc. It also came with the greatest pack-in game I own, the Gensis 6-Pak, a collection of Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Revenge of Shinobi (which I think is superior to Ninja Gaiden), Sonic the Hedgehog, Columns (a decent Tetris Clone, had some good Roman-style music), and Super Hang-On (a mediocre motorcycle race title, but still kind of addicting). I've owned this thing for 17 years, and I didn't own a Super Nintendo until 8 months ago, and all I have for that is Star Fox and Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (the '94 pack-in), although I have been playing the SNES since I was 3 at my grandparents. The Genesis for better beat-'em-ups and pure Nostalgia.

bultje112

Road rash is >>>> Super Hang on

This is the view I have too, I have both (escept I let my brother borrow my SNES), the Genesis seems more unique, a blast from the past. There are a lot more gems I can find on the Genesis than on the Super Nintendo. You pretty much know what you are going to play with the Super Nintendo, it is just super versions of past Nintendo games. The Genesis had a different style that people could appreciate.

agreed with this post wholeheartedly

Keep the 68000 heart on fire!

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts
Genesis/MegaDrive actually had devs and games that took risks While Snes games (Which many were not popular till the PSx came out) often relied on reusing the same strategy over again, or devs would take other devs ideas with minimal changes if any real difference and in some cases completely copied eachother. However they would market only the differences. So to be honest the Gen was better. Quality wise.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Nobody cared about SNES exclusives until the next-generation? HA! That's hilarious. Were you even there back then, or what? All these games were huge hits:

• Sim City
  • Wolfenstein 3-D

Emerald_Warrior

if people played these two on the SNES... then they were doing it wrong :P

A lot of people didn't have computers back then. They weren't nearly as common in households as they are now. So yeah, a lot of people did play those games on SNES back in the day.

Maybe a late reply but I just wanted to say that the same could be said for the old Quake games and Command & Conquer on the consoles. The whole point of Quake was online play and mods and that's something the consoles couldn't provide back then. Likewise, C&C required a mouse to be anywhere enjoyable. Nevertheless there are people who prefer Quake 1 & 2 on the consoles due to colored lighting and a different soundtrack. As for Wolfenstein 3D on the SNES - I think it could have been a solid port if it wasn't as censored and if the used the Super FX chip for higher resolution (because the game does look super-pixelated).

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

I'm so confused how people can compare Chrono Trigger Earthbound FF6 FF4 Contra 3 Super Metroid Super Mario World Top Gear 2, to anything Sega had. Also who ever said people didn't play Sim city on Snes need to look up the greatest hits version of it after it sold a million copies.

Sega pfft, Ya got sonic, good for you.

Ya know what, this is mute discussion just looking throught he libraries of both systems, you couldnt make a comparison. Snes dominates in like every good field. Platformers, RPGS, adventure games, Action adventure, Action RPG, Racing games, hell even Sim games.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

Also who ever said people didn't play Sim city on Snes need to look up the greatest hits version of it after it sold a million copies.Valknut4

I didn't say people didn't play sim city on the SNES, I said that if people played on the SNES, then they were doing it wrong, the game is MUCH better on PC

Valknut4

And I'm guessing that means nintendo only has mario?

Ya know what, this is mute discussion just looking throught he libraries of both systems, you couldnt make a comparison. Snes dominates in like every good field. Platformers, RPGS, adventure games, Action adventure, Action RPG, Racing games, hell even Sim games.

Valknut4

pretty sure the the sega genesis wins in SHMUPS, Racers, Beat'em ups and action platformers

EDIT: By the way, the Sega Genesis also has Top gear 1 and 2

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

I'm so confused how people can compare Chrono Trigger Earthbound FF6 FF4 Contra 3 Super Metroid Super Mario World Top Gear 2, to anything Sega had. Also who ever said people didn't play Sim city on Snes need to look up the greatest hits version of it after it sold a million copies.

Valknut4

ok nintendo fanboy. I believe you

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Valknut4

See that's what I don't get, is I owned both sytems. Fan dome is a pointless argument. Anything you say positive towards anything on these boards towards anything is pledging loyalty to a company.

I really don't see how you guys can go with genesis vs Snes you gotta give me a list that 1 for 1's all of SNES best games. Just crazy talk otherwise. Altered Beast an Golden Axe are the only games I can't think of a game to compare a snes title for : /

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

I didn't say people didn't play sim city on the SNES, I said that if people played on the SNES, then they were doing it wrong, the game is MUCH better on PC

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]Sega pfft, Ya got sonic, good for you.

rilpas

And I'm guessing that means nintendo only has mario?

Valknut4

pretty sure the the sega genesis wins in SHMUPS, Racers, Beat'em ups and action platformers

EDIT: By the way, the Sega Genesis also has Top gear 1 and 2

Fair enough I didn't notice Top gear being on both systems, Mario isnt the poster child for the SNES, you can argue that all you want but when you ask people what their favorite SNES game is, rarly is it always a Mario game. When asked about a Sega game your going to get a Sonic game, like 2 an some times Sonic an Knuckles which is my favorite.

As a PC gamer I despise C&C on PC but love it on N64, hate Simcity an Sim city 2000 on PC but love Sim city on Snes. Doing it wrong doesn't fit. Different strokes for different folks.

The only system you can compare SNES to is PS1, I'm not a Ps2 fan but I would guess many could compare it to that also. Snes has a good chunk of the Best RPG's ever made by a majority vote last I seen.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 rilpas

See that's what I don't get, is I owned both sytems. Fan dome is a pointless argument. Anything you say positive towards anything on these boards towards anything is pledging loyalty to a company.Valknut4

err... having both consoles doesn't stop someone from being a fanboy... just saying

I really don't see how you guys can go with genesis vs Snes you gotta give me a list that 1 for 1's all of SNES best games. Just crazy talk otherwise. Altered Beast an Golden Axe are the only games I can't think of a game to compare a snes title for : /

Valknut4

why don't you do it? after all, you're the one claiming the SNES is better

But here, let's start with Racing games:

SNES, the SNES has F-zero and Mario Kart.... but what else is there? Both consoles have Top gear 1 and 2

The Sega Genesis for example has: Three Outrun games, Super Hang On, Super Monaco GP 1 and 2, Virtua Racing, Road Rash 1, 2 and 3

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 rilpas

Fair enough I didn't notice Top gear being on both systems, Mario isnt the poster child for the SNES, you can argue that all you want but when you ask people what their favorite SNES game is, rarly is it always a Mario game. When asked about a Sega game your going to get a Sonic game, like 2 an some times Sonic an Knuckles which is my favorite.Valknut4

and people prefering sonic games somehow changes the fact that the genesis has amazing games and that it surpassed the SNES in many genres?

Oh and by the way, I don't even like Sonic, my favourite Genesis game is Shadowrun and there is nothing like it on the SNES (yes, I know there's a shadowrun game for the SNES, but they are VERY different)

As a PC gamer I despise C&C on PC but love it on N64, hate Simcity an Sim city 2000 on PC but love Sim city on Snes. Doing it wrong doesn't fit. Different strokes for different folks.

Valknut4

Most likely due to nostalgia as they are all inferior versions

The only system you can compare SNES to is PS1, I'm not a Ps2 fan but I would guess many could compare it to that also. Snes has a good chunk of the Best RPG's ever made by a majority vote last I seen.

Valknut4

let me use your logic: the only system you can compare to the SNES is the atari jaguar because I say so

... and that's pretty much your entire argument

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Valknut4

Rockin Roll racing was my fav, F- zero has a major competitve scene to it, damn near the same following Super metroid does for time trails. Super off Road, Top gear 3000 obviously. My god so long ago >< I might need a really good directory to even recall the ones I have an haven't played.

The reason I said PS1 is it's because its the only one that compares for me, not blind fan reaction..... I get the internet game is to play smart, but you guys do it poorly all the time. I really shouldn't have to put IMO at the end of everything I say as I said it of course its IMO....

The best way I guess to say what games were better is to fidn whcih ones stood the test of time. The best way I can think of that is speed run videos. TAS has a good list.

SNES163

Sega Genesis/Megadrive/CD/32x 133

Not as big fo a difference as I thought, but this isn't like 100% accurate test or anything. Then again what comparison or evidence do you have?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 rilpas

Rockin Roll racing was my fav, F- zero has a major competitve scene to it, damn near the same following Super metroid does for time trails. Super off Road, Top gear 3000 obviously. My god so long ago >< I might need a really good directory to even recall the ones I have an haven't played.Valknut4

Rockin' roll, Super Off Road racing was also on the Sega Genesis

Good call about about Top gear 3000, I forgot about that game, but still, I'd say the Sega Genesis beats the SNES in racing games wouldn't you say? I for one prefer Virtua Racing and Outrun to top gear and mario kart

The reason I said PS1 is it's because its the only one that compares for me, not blind fan reaction..... I get the internet game is to play smart, but you guys do it poorly all the time.Valknut4
I have no idea what you're trying to say here

I really shouldn't have to put IMO at the end of everythign I say as I said it of course its IMO....

The best way I guess to say what games were better is to fidn whcih ones stood the test of time. The best way I can think of that is speed run videos. TAS has a good list.

Valknut4

It's really not, you can finish most super mario games in less then 30 minutes, doesn't mean they're not better then long games. I buy games based on what I want off them

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Valknut4

What mario game can you possibly finish in 30 mins... Not super mario world. Thats for damn sure.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 rilpas

SNES163

Sega Genesis/Megadrive/CD/32x 133

Not as big fo a difference as I thought, but this isn't like 100% accurate test or anything. Then again what comparison or evidence do you have?

Valknut4

So YOU establish your own parameters and I'm supposed to follow them? seriously, what kind of moon logic are you using here?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 rilpas

What mario game can you possibly finish in 30 mins... Not super mario world. Thats for damn sure.

Valknut4

less then 20 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npro4-XOZIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS0nNGi01ZA&feature=related

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Valknut4

Oh that video is you? Exactly, some speed run someone else did well not enjoying the game to its fullest. Gj, well played.

I gave a list thats been made by hundreads if not 1000s of gamer who enjoy retro games so much they use tools to play the best ones over an over.. Can you give me any list at all, like anything? Please don't link me to someone elses work again.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 rilpas

Oh that video is you? Exactly, some speed run someone else did well not enjoying the game to its fullest. Gj, well played.

I gave a list thats been made by hundreads if not 1000s of gamer who enjoy retro games so much they use tools to play the best ones over an over.. Can you give me any list at all, like anything? Please don't link me to someone elses work again.

Valknut4

what? so again YOU set your own terms, I give you an example of why your terms are flawed

and now you want me to give you a list of speedruns I made? you have got to be trolling

and using tools and cheats is enjoying a game to it's fullest? :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

rilpas

less then 20 minutes

Yeah, that isn't beating the game. lol@gamers of today.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

Heirren

less then 20 minutes

gamers of today? I'm 24 years old :|

I started playing on famicom (yes, famicom), master system and a 386 PC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

less then 20 minutes

rilpas

Then how are you endorcing that video? (didn't famicom arrive before you were born?)

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Valknut4

I think you don't get what those videos are, most have rules of what glitchs cheats or things they can use. There are 100% completes of games not just, I can run through walls an not get anything play throughs. Look at the Earthbound ones or FF6 ones, or the Super Metroid ones. Hell go look at the Sega videos I love watching all of them.

Did you play Super Mario world like that guy did? No you didn't

Would any kid get a game skip 90% of the levels? No they wouldn't

This would be like playing Phantsy Star for the combat an skipping the story. Even though I loved the combat : s

These aren't peramiters I'm setting there common sense. I can find what speed demos has for people playing the games, but I don't think your going to be happy with that one either. As guess what its probably more from the better library.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Then how are you endorcing that video? (didn't famicom arrive before you were born?)

Because I'm showing him the lenght of a game is not the end all be all argument to a videogame

(and yes it was)

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 rilpas

I think you don't get what those videos are, most have rules of what glitchs cheats or thigns they can use. There are 100% cmpletes of games not just I can run through walls an not get anything play throughs.

Did you play Super Mario world like that guy did? No you didn't

Would any kid get a game skip 90% of the levels? No they wouldn't

These aren't peramiters I'm setting there common sense. I can find what speed demos has for people playing the games, but I don't think your going to be ahppy with that one either. As guess what its probably more from the betetr library.

Valknut4

so go play tetris, that game never ends:roll:

I prefer games to be short then for them to be big and drag the player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

Because I'm showing him the lenght of a game is not the end all be all argument to a videogame

(and yes it was)

But it looked as if many levels were being skipped. Not to mention it being played on an emulator, which means the video was probably made over X amount of days and then cut together. For that thing to hold any relevence it would have to be a 20 minute off-cam video.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Valknut4

Well the fastest sonic time is longer then Super mario worlds speed run so you must hate that game.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 rilpas

Well the fastest sonic time is longer then Super mario worlds speed run so you must hate that game.

Valknut4

nice jump in logic, but you see, I never criticized long games. I just criticized when games are long for no real purpose ;)

EDIT: for argument's sake, you have the first final phantasy or Phantasy star 2, which inflate their game time by having you grind enemies over and over again

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Because I'm showing him the lenght of a game is not the end all be all argument to a videogame, by Valknut's logic that game would suck

I'm honestly surprised you're taking his side, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't most NES and SNES games short games that could be finished in a matter of hours?

(and yes it was)

But it looked as if many levels were being skipped. Not to mention it being played on an emulator, which means the video was probably made over X amount of days and then cut together. For that thing to hold any relevence it would have to be a 20 minute off-cam video.

Because I'm showing him the lenght of a game is not the end all be all argument to a videogame, most people would can finish Street fighter 2 in an hour or so, by Valknut's logic that game would suck

I'm honestly surprised you're taking his side, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't most NES and SNES games short games that could be finished in a matter of hours?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

Because I'm showing him the lenght of a game is not the end all be all argument to a videogame, by Valknut's logic that game would suck

(and yes it was)

rilpas

Wait I'm not taking anybodys side. I don't even know what the argument is!:) I was more pointing out how most of those speedrun snes/nes vids are a load of crap.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 rilpas

Wait I'm not taking anybodys side. I don't even know what the argument is!:) I was more pointing out how most of those speedrun snes/nes vids are a load of crap.

Heirren

wait, then why did you pick my post, Valknut is the one using speedruns as an argument WHY the SNES is better, because apparently there are more SNES speedruns then there are genesis ones.

I get that people may prefer the SNES over the Genesis, but using speedruns as an argument is just facepalm worthy

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Valknut4

Then by god tell me an easier way, because if tens of thousands of people all playing certain games from certain consoles more then others doesn't do it what does? There are no reviews, there is only general opinion, the speed runs are the best things I have knowledge of for that. Its not facepalm worthy these peoples love for these consoles is more then ours.

How can you honestly say that large groups of people playing mroe games on one console doesn't net more quality games on said console?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

rilpas

wait, then why did you pick my post, Valknut is the one using speedruns as an argument WHY the SNES is better, because apparently there are more SNES speedruns then there are genesis ones.

I get that people may prefer the SNES over the Genesis, but using speedruns as an argument is just facepalm worthy

He's got a point. In fact, if that is true that means there are more snes youtube vids, which is very saying of its staying power and popularity. My cousin had a genesis as a child, and these days he'll say the snes was the better console. When people get old enough they drop the nostalgic factor and just tell it like it is. SNES is the better system. A lot of the games have yet to be topped, and likely never will because that form of game design has been taken over by what hits shelves today.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 rilpas

Then by god tell me an easier way, because if tens of thousands of people all playing certain games from certain consoles more then others doesn't do it what does? There are no reviews, there is only general opinion, the speed runs are the best things I have knowledge of for that. Its not facepalm worthy these peoples love for these consoles is more then ours.Valknut4

How about individual opinions or genres.

You can finish most Beat'em ups in an hour, doesn't change the fact that the Sega Genesis has more of them and is generally considered the best 16 bit console for beat' em ups (By beat' em ups I mean games like streets of rage)

Doesn't change the fact that you can finish most fighting games in an hour or two and the SNES is generally considered to be the best console for this genre (By fighting games I mean Street fighter)

You can also finish most sports and racing games in an hour or two and again these are two genres where the Sega Genesis is usually considered the best

or how about puzzle games like columns or tetris?

How can you honestly say that large groups of people playing mroe games on one console doesn't net more quality games on said console?

Valknut4

yes, I can, more people playing something doesn't mean it's better, you can have millions listening to Justin bieber, I'm still going to prefer Jazz

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

He's got a point. In fact, if that is true that means there are more snes youtube vids, which is very saying of its staying power and popularity. My cousin had a genesis as a child, and these days he'll say the snes was the better console. When people get old enough they drop the nostalgic factor and just tell it like it is. SNES is the better system. A lot of the games have yet to be topped, and likely never will because that form of game design has been taken over by what hits shelves today.

heh, with me it's the other way around, I actualyl preferred the SNES as a kid, as I grew up, I realized that I missed out on a lot on the Genesis side.

To me, the SNES is merely the popular choice, not so much the quality choice

answer me this: where are the PC speedruns or reviews? how come most retro websites like screwattack or that guy with the glasses barely mention the PC and when they do you can just tell how limited their knowledge is?

It certainly can't be because of the PC library "sucking", it's because of popularity

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Valknut4

These people are not justin beiber fans, people that do speed runs are like the creators of classical. If anything they know more about these games then anyone ever will.

Terrible comparison all around.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 rilpas

These people are not justin beiber fans, people that do speed runs are like the creators of classical. If anything they know more about these games then anyone ever will.

Terrible comparison all around.Valknut4

poor analogy on your side, if anything, people that do speedruns are like the people that take a classic song, and mix it when a new genre (like how some rappers like to take classical music and insert it in their own creations

indeed terrible comparison all around for you

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Valknut4

There is no point in argueing this, because you assume your opinion is more important then thousands of people who still play these games everyday.

P.S Nujabes took lots of Jazz music an made it better, I suggest you eat your words. Just because you want to compare pop music to my suggestion doesn't mean it works. It really doesn't. Like I said everythign in these vids isnt fastest play threw, lots of them are 100% completes. Which is in fact beating the game. Classical music the total package.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 rilpas

There is no point in argueing this, because you assume your opinion is more important then thousands of people who still play these games everyday.Valknut4

at least I form my own opinion, I don't watch videos and let other people form an opinion for me

P.S Nujabes took lots of Jazz music an made it better, I suggest you eat your words.Valknut4
Nujabes? ooohh heeeelll no

Just because you want to compare pop music to my suggestion doesn't mean it works. It really doesn't. Like I said everythign in these vids isnt fastest play threw, lots of them are 100% completes. Which is in fact beating the game. Classical music the total package.

Valknut4

and again: the lenght of a game doesn't mean it's good or bad, if lenght means so much to you then go play tetris, that game never ends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

heh, with me it's the other way around, I actualyl preferred the SNES as a kid, as I grew up, I realized that I missed out on a lot on the Genesis side.

answer me this: where are the PC speedruns or reviews? how come most retro websites like screwattack or that guy with the glasses barely mention the PC and when they do you can just tell how limited their knowledge is?

It certainly can't be because of the PC library "sucking", it's because of popularity

I didn't fully understand what you just said, but numbers are facts, and the numbers on youtube show the popularity and greatness of the snes. People do these speedruns because the games are such timeless classics and they want to be the best. The fact that they pick games from the snes library says something. I'm sorry, but that point cannot really be argued.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

I didn't fully understand what you just said, but numbers are facts, and the numbers on youtube show the popularity and greatness of the snes. People do these speedruns because the games are such timeless ****cs and they want to be the best. The fact that they pick games from the snes library says something. I'm sorry, but that point cannot really be argued.

exactly my point, popularity

I'm not saying the SNES doesn't have great games, the thing is: so does the PC and so do Sega systems, but they're not popular so it doesn't matter

just like today, the 360 is the popular system, despite the fact the PS3 having for the most part the same games and then some

EDIT: hell, where are the master system games? or the 3DO, believe it or not, the 3DO had some amazing games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]heh, with me it's the other way around, I actualyl preferred the SNES as a kid, as I grew up, I realized that I missed out on a lot on the Genesis side.

rilpas

I didn't fully understand what you just said, but numbers are facts, and the numbers on youtube show the popularity and greatness of the snes. People do these speedruns because the games are such timeless ****cs and they want to be the best. The fact that they pick games from the snes library says something. I'm sorry, but that point cannot really be argued.

I'm not saying the SNES doesn't have great games, the thing is: so does the PC and so do Sega systems, but they're not popular so it doesn't matter

just like today, the 360 is the popular system, despite the fact the PS3 having for the most part the same games and then some

You can't take that one phrase out of context. There's a reason for the popularity--top notch game design. It is the gameplay that has lasted the test of time. This isn't something that was forced upon people like Musicians/etc through marketing. They were in their time, somewhat, but saying that is like saying people will still be obsessing over Justin Beiber in 25 years--they won't be.

Chess is popular because it is a brilliant game, etc.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Valknut4

You have no point, you cannot argue a point if you don't have one.

My info is solid, you have 0 info. Honestly I didnt say this was how I got my opinion this was to convince you the overall view is that SNES is better, by most peoples opinions it is. You're arguing nothing, for no reason. The speed runs may not be perfect but I'm sure most people would look at that an go

" Gee I wonder why more SNES games are here then Genisis games? " Answer: Not that hard to figure out.

I can just see it now, " Well I don't go with the majority of gamers, I think my opinion means more then theres, why? I have no reason, but I like Jazz an that makes me sound smart Hur Dur. O h hey games lenght blah blah blah, i must have loved gears of wars it was short an good, but i would never in my life play through it again, unlike chrono trigger, or super metroid."

Your opinion on games means 0, so does mine. Only as a collective do you get an answer, yes you have to be selective of who you ask, asking people that play the games like SPEED RUNNERS seemed like a great idea to me...

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

You can't take that one phrase out of context. There's a reason for the popularity--top notch game design. It is the gameplay that has lasted the test of time. This isn't something that was forced upon people like Musicians/etc through marketing. They were in their time, somewhat, but saying that is like saying people will still be obsessing over Justin Beiber in 25 years--they won't be.

quality doesn't ensure popularity, it never did. or are you going to tell me COD is quality first person shooter? or Halo? Make no Mistake, these are the future "best game ever"

if quality ensure ensures popularity then why do we have the concept of "hidden gems" ?

And you have no way of knowing if the the youth of tomorrow will regard Bieber as a cla ssic

I've met gamers who've been around since the Atari Age that think that the Wii is the best console ever made, however, if you remove the Nintendo exclusives which great as they are, there aren't that many of them, then I would certainly not place the Wii on any top

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 rilpas

You have no point, you cannot argue a point if you don't have one.

My info is solid, you have 0 info. Honestly I didnt say this was how I got my opinion this was to convince you the overall view is that SNES is better, by most peoples opinions it is. You're arguing nothing, for no reason. The speed runs may not be perfect but I'm sure most people would look at that an go

" Gee I wonder why more SNES games are here then Genisis games? " Answer: Not that hard to figure out.

I can just see it now, " Well I don't go with the majority of gamers, I think my opinion means more then theres, why? I have no reason, but I like Jazz an that makes me sound smart Hur Dur. O h hey games lenght blah blah blah, i must have loved gears of wars it was short an good, but i would never in my life play through it again, unlike chrono trigger, or super metroid."

Your opinion on games means 0, so does mine. Only as a collective do you get an answer, yes you have to be selective of who you ask, asking people that play the games like SPEED RUNNERS seemed like a great idea to me...

Valknut4

funny, you criticize my opinion and insult me and accuse me of doing the same all in one post, bravo

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Valknut4

" So does mine " Read it all......

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 rilpas

Valknut4

"but I like Jazz an that makes me sound smart Hur Dur"

I repeat: you criticize my opinion and insult me and accuse me of doing the same all in one post, bravo

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Valknut4

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

rilpas

I repeat: you criticize my opinion and insult me and accuse me of doing the same all in one post, bravo

You are saying that because you like Jazz your are better then everyone that likes Justin beiber, were talking you thinking your better then Millions of people. These are your words.

Are you delusional?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Valknut4"]

Valknut4

You are saying that because you like Jazz your are better then everyone that likes Justin beiber, were talking you thinking your better then Millions of people. These are your words.

Are you delusional?

are you asking me if I think if I have better musical taste because I like Jazz then to those who think Justin bieber is a quality singer? Yes, yes I do

if that makes me delusional, then yes, I'm gladly and thankfully delusional

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#148 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

wow. that couldn't be more wrong. it's completely the opposite. the older people get the more the nostalgia factor comes into play. and whata bs logic. there are more dutch people on twitter than of any other country in teh world. so netherlands must now be the biggest country in the world then

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

quality doesn't ensure popularity, it never did. or are you going to tell me COD is quality first person shooter? or Halo? Make no Mistake, these are the future "best game ever"

if quality ensure ensures popularity then why do we have the concept of "hidden gems" ?

And you have no way of knowing if the the youth of tomorrow will regard Bieber as a cla ssic

I've met gamers who've been around since the Atari Age that think that the Wii is the best console ever made, however, if you remove the Nintendo exclusives which great as they are, there aren't that many of them, then I would certainly not place the Wii on any top

It doesn't ensure it always, but in this case it certainly speaks volumes.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

It doesn't ensure it always, but in this case it certainly speaks volumes.

yes, because the SNES is a great system

is it better then the sega Genesis? In my opinion though, unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see a fair comparison between the two on any mainstream or mainstream retro website

the closest we have is classic game room, but as much as I love Mark's work, he's a bit of a Sega fanboy

and screwattack are SNES fanboys so...