SNES VS Mega Drive - which had teh library?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Well fellow retro nerds,guess what.

It's time to do a library battle!

Which system had the best library?

I'ma go with the SNES,despite the MD having quite an amazing one.

Because SNES games were better,simple as that.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
Genesis does!
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

...what Nintendon't!

I think the SNES has the better library. Hell, many of my favourite games of all time are on the SNES.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

This thread sounds familiar.. Mega Drive VS Super Nintendo:Which one?

<.<

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
genny
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
SNES without a doubt.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Mega Drive all the way for me.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

<.<

AcidSoldner

Are you f'n serious GGM?! I knew you made the worst forum topics here on GS, but seriously going so low as to REPEAT THE SAME POLL QUESTION YOU JUST ASKED ONE WEEK AGO! And its not like the old one was ignored. Plenty of people posted on it. You got your response, even though you never give yours. Why the hell would you ask the same poll question one week later. Wow. Just wow. Go post on IGN or something. I would like to think the GS boards are a little more credible.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GreekGameManiac

Are you f'n serious GGM?! I knew you made the worst forum topics here on GS, but seriously going so low as to REPEAT THE SAME POLL QUESTION YOU JUST ASKED ONE WEEK AGO! And its not like the old one was ignored. Plenty of people posted on it. You got your response, even though you never give yours. Why the hell would you ask the same poll question one week later. Wow. Just wow. Go post on IGN or something. I would like to think the GS boards are a little more credible.

LJChronx

Well sorry,i forgot i've made the other one.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJChronx

[QUOTE="LJChronx"]

GreekGameManiac

Well sorry,i forgot i've made the other one.

I dont think you understand the point. You seem to make thread topics just for the sake of making thread topics. If you want people to respect your topics than atleast take the time to think out your questions and give a good response to them. I see you in all the other forums doing the same thing. You must ask 100 tivial questions a day. Just make a better effort please.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GreekGameManiac

I dont think you understand the point. You seem to make thread topics just for the sake of making thread topics. If you want people to respect your topics than atleast take the time to think out your questions and give a good response to them. I see you in all the other forums doing the same thing. You must ask 100 tivial questions a day. Just make a better effort please.

LJChronx

Not everyone feels like that,you know.

And you're wrong,look around,ppl post "trivial" questions all the time.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I don't think the point is so much that it's a "trivial" question. It's the fact that you just posted the same freaking thing 1 week ago.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Dj-Dampleaf
Member since 2012 • 730 Posts

I don't think the point is so much that it's a "trivial" question. It's the fact that you just posted the same freaking thing 1 week ago.

Emerald_Warrior
Took your time noticing. ;Ph
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Dj-Dampleaf
Member since 2012 • 730 Posts

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]

<.<

LJChronx

I love you marry me.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JigglyWiggly_
Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.Heirren
sanic > mario problem?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"]Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.JigglyWiggly_
sanic > mario problem?

I like sonic, but it isn't even in the same league.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Heirren"]Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.Heirren
sanic > mario problem?

yeh mario 2 slo can't blame him tho, all genetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] sanic > mario problem?

yeh mario 2 slo can't blame him tho, all genetic

Mario is the faster game. There's more buttons used and more going on on-screen, at one time. Sonic plays a little stiff, but like i said I am still a fan. Sonic lacks that dexterity to the movement and jumping--it's rather one dimensional.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Emerald_Warrior

They're both among my favorite consoles of all-time. And both have fantastic libraries. Considering how easily and cheaply people can obtain both consoles, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND any old-school gamers to buy both.

But if I had to choose one over the other, I'd choose the SNES. Some of the greatest video games of all-time, IMO, came out on that system. Games like Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Actraiser, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, Sim City, and and others.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GreekGameManiac

Emerald_Warrior

Can u fckn READ??? I.forgot.i.had.another.thread.with.this.

God.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

This is a Mike Tyson vs. Muhammad Ali in their prime debate.

I'm going with SNES overall, but both are outstanding.

My collecting goals are to first collect the entire US NES collection. My second goal (which I am kind of doing as I go) is to complete the SNES and GEN collections simultaneously.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreekGameManiac

This is a Mike Tyson vs. Muhammad Ali in their prime debate.

I'm going with SNES overall, but both are outstanding.

My collecting goals are to first collect the entire US NES collection. My second goal (which I am kind of doing as I go) is to complete the SNES and GEN collections simultaneously.

WitIsWisdom

Good opinion.

Both have amazing libraries.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
It´s pretty hard to say since both had it´s strong points but as far as I´m concerned I vastly prefer the library the mega drive has to offer.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
The Mega Drive easily,the SNES had the upper hand in JRPG´s but almost everything else I found the Gen had a better selection of games according to my tastes.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
I liked the Snes a lot but I always felt the Genesis had a better library overall.
LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJChronx

Both are great systems, but SNES all the way. Too many classics. My favorite system of all time.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rilpas
Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.Heirren
you make it sound like Sega stopped releasing genesis games when the 32x and saturn launched both the 32x and saturn were launched in late 1994 (one in the us the other in Japan) let's take a look at some exclusives the Genesis received in 1995 and 1996: Adventures of Batman and Robin Alien Soldier Comix Zone Ecco Jr. Light crusader Micro Machines Military Micro Machines 2: Turbo tournament The Ooze Ristar Vectorman Vectorman 2 Virtua Fighter 2 X-men 2: Clone Wars
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.rilpas
you make it sound like Sega stopped releasing genesis games when the 32x and saturn launched both the 32x and saturn were launched in late 1994 (one in the us the other in Japan) let's take a look at some exclusives the Genesis received in 1995 and 1996: Adventures of Batman and Robin Alien Soldier Comix Zone Ecco Jr. Light crusader Micro Machines Military Micro Machines 2: Turbo tournament The Ooze Ristar Vectorman Vectorman 2 Virtua Fighter 2 X-men 2: Clone Wars

Those aren't just crappy shovelware titles, either. Comix Zone, Vectorman 1 & 2, and X-Men 2: The Clone Wars were 3 of the best games EVER released for the Genesis. Hell, in addition to the Sonic the Hedgehog titles (of course), I'd say those were the 3 games that originally got me to buy a Sega Genesis.

However, just to make it clear, I did vote for SNES over Genesis. But I like both systems, A LOT.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"]Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.rilpas

Most of those are average. Alien Soldier is pretty great, though. Vector an and Comix Zone are two,of the most overrated games in history.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#33 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

super nintendo does!

i dont see how any one can claim genesis does when genesis missed half the third party games snes got lol

eg top gear top gear 3000 paper boy 2 ghoal patrol , i can go on and on , and the fact that even the multiplats it did get the audio always sucked, zombies ate my niegbors was also combersome to play on that 3 button gamepad lol

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#34 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="Heirren"]Are you kidding? Super Nintendo by far. Both good consoles, but snes just didn't stop going. When sega busy trying to sell 32x, Nintendo was releasing games like Griffey, DKC, and Mario RPG.Heirren
you make it sound like Sega stopped releasing genesis games when the 32x and saturn launched both the 32x and saturn were launched in late 1994 (one in the us the other in Japan) let's take a look at some exclusives the Genesis received in 1995 and 1996: Adventures of Batman and Robin Alien Soldier Comix Zone Ecco Jr. Light crusader Micro Machines Military-what , sorry micro machines 2 and 1 were better offerings and micromachines n64 pwned this Micro Machines 2: Turbo tournament stop right there micromachins was also on the nes and snes i stopped reading after this lol The Ooze Ristar Vectorman Vectorman 2 Virtua Fighter 2 X-men 2: Clone Wars

Most of those are average. Alien Soldier is pretty great, though. Vector an and Comix Zone are two,of the most overrated games in history.

ya line up pretty average and the fact he listed micromachines 2 as an exclusive when it was in fact available though very rare on the nes and snes , i still cant find a copy of the original for pete sake , and you think im gonna spend my time hunting down these 2 , i got the n64 version , and thats enough for me
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rilpas

Most of those are average. Alien Soldier is pretty great, though. Vector an and Comix Zone are two,of the most overrated games in history.Heirren

nice opinion.

you implied the genesis stopped receiving good exclusives when the 32x was launched, I just proved it didn't

but the fact of the matter is X-men, the vectorman games, comix zone, ristar and Alien soldiers are considered to be amongst the best games in the genesis library

ya line up pretty average and the fact he listed micromachines 2 as an exclusive when it was in fact available though very rare on the nes and snes , i still cant find a copy of the original for pete sake , and you think im gonna spend my time hunting down these 2 , i got the n64 version , and thats enough for me mariokart64fan

the micro machines games I listed are exclusive to the Sega Genesis and the N64 version is a different game.

after all, using your logic, I don't need super mario world because I could just get mario 64

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rilpas

super nintendo does!

i dont see how any one can claim genesis does when genesis missed half the third party games snes got lol

eg top gear top gear 3000 paper boy 2 ghoal patrol , i can go on and on , and the fact that even the multiplats it did get the audio always sucked, zombies ate my niegbors was also combersome to play on that 3 button gamepad lol

mariokart64fan

the same applies to the SNES, it missed half the third party games the Genesis got

EDIT: Just checked, Micro machines 2 is on teh SNES, but micro machines military is not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Most of those are average. Alien Soldier is pretty great, though. Vector an and Comix Zone are two,of the most overrated games in history.rilpas

nice opinion.

you implied the genesis stopped receiving good exclusives when the 32x was launched, I just proved it didn't

but the fact of the matter is X-men, the vectorman games, comix zone, ristar and Alien soldiers are considered to be amongst the best games in the genesis library

ya line up pretty average and the fact he listed micromachines 2 as an exclusive when it was in fact available though very rare on the nes and snes , i still cant find a copy of the original for pete sake , and you think im gonna spend my time hunting down these 2 , i got the n64 version , and thats enough for me mariokart64fan

the micro machines games I listed are exclusive to the Sega Genesis and the N64 version is a different game.

after all, using your logic, I don't need super mario world because I could just get mario 64

I didn't imply that. I implied that sega was trying to push hardware vs supporting the current console. And why are you listing Virtua Fighter on Genesis? Seriously, you can't possibly think that was good. These were just moves of desperation. Vectorman was just thrown out there so sega could say " look at us we can do the 3d looking stuff to" to combat DKC.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rilpas

] I didn't imply that. I implied that sega was trying to push hardware vs supporting the current console. And why are you listing Virtua Fighter on Genesis? Seriously, you can't possibly think that was good. These were just moves of desperation. Vectorman was just thrown out there so sega could say " look at us we can do the 3d looking stuff to" to combat DKC. Heirren

again: if you don't like the games, that is your OPINION, that's fine. Personally I always thought the DKC games were extremely overrated (and so are the sonic games imo). But it doesn't change the fact that the Vectorman games are considered to be great 16 bit gems.

And personally I actually like Virtua fighter 2 for the Genesis, I never quite understood why it gets so much hate