This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

I think I managed to blow the fuses on both my model 1 SNES and my model 2 SNES. Replacing the model 1 fuse looks easy enough but the model 2 one is different. Has anyone around here ever tried fixing a model 2??

#2 Posted by thecrypticodor (192 posts) -

No but I took a look at the schematic for you. It uses a 1.5A Pico fuse. If you have a multimeter check the old one for continuity before you replace it. If that's not the problem than it could also be the 7805 power regulator which you can check with a multimeter middle leg ground right leg should be outputting 5 volts.

#3 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

Alright, I might take a look with a meter first when I get to the model 2. I had 4 of those fuses from before, thought I was messing up all of them but I think I just needed more solder on the connections. The model 1 is alive! 

#4 Posted by The4thVIII (372 posts) -
You can use something as simple as a standard fuse holder if you can't find a 1.5 amp glass fuse. Be sure to discharge your model 2 before dismantling. Unplug your model 2,put the power switch on, wait 5 minutes, and then look inside BUT KEEP the power switch on.
#5 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

You can use something as simple as a standard fuse holder if you can't find a 1.5 amp glass fuse. Be sure to discharge your model 2 before dismantling. Unplug your model 2,put the power switch on, wait 5 minutes, and then look inside BUT KEEP the power switch on.The4thVIII

AHHH Im over it now, nothing I tried got it to boot up again. I only paid $5 for it at Goodwill. Only paid $10 for the model 1, I could easily sell it and make all my $ back plus profit. Now ill have a really nice case if I ever find a beatup console. And I also know which way the removable tip on my ac adapters should be so I dont kill anymore SNESs!!