Skyrim vs Fallout 3?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skyz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Skyz_
Member since 2014 • 56 Posts

I prefer Skyrim. I had more fun exploring Skyrim than I did with the Wasteland.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Fallout 3 is my favourite game of all time, so this choice is pretty darn easy for me. Now if this was between Fallout 3 and Kotor we'd have a big problem lol.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#53 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Skyrim.

By a mile.

On another note, I do understand peoples criticisms of the scale of TES games... ya know, huge, significant, history changing battles consisting of 10 guys fighting in a field.

However, this does bring me to my next point: TES is a series for the imagination. It's scale is awkwardly small, but for someone with an active imagination, the gaps can be filled in easily. That's why I love the TES series so much: my imagination is through the roof.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#54  Edited By SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I like both but I'll give the recommendation to Fallout 3 because of the setting and atmosphere; the main questline is much longer and much more immersive as well.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#55 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@SovietsUnited said:

I like both but I'll give the recommendation to Fallout 3 because of the setting and atmosphere; the main questline is much longer and much more immersive as well.

Much longer?

MUCH longer?

Skyrim main quest: 18 - 20 quests, depending on how you play the game

Fallout 3 main quest: 11

Not to mention that Fallout 3 only has about 50 quests, versus Skyrim's 350+ quests.

Fallout 3 GOTY has 80 quests.

Skyrim Legendary Edition has 440+ quests.

Get your facts straight man, c'mon....

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#56 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

^Yes, the Fallout 3 main questline is much longer; Skyrim has a larger main quest chain but it can be completed in around 2 or 3 hours, mostly because of level scaling and carriages. In fact, I would argue that its true purpose was to get the player ready for the awesome exploration later on.

On the other hand, I really felt a sense of progression in F3's questline; as far as I remember it took a good amount of traveling for each quest. There was definitely more heart and soul put into the quest chain with some highly memorable tasks compared to Skyrim.

Al-Manyouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Al-Manyouk
Member since 2013 • 99 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

@lordhagan said:

The sheer level of dark humor and hte wonderful voice acting and writing in Fallout 3 is truly without peer in the video game realm.

What the hell are you smoking ?

Fallout 3 was MISSING the dark humor of the previous Fallout games and the writing was TERRIBLE.

Not that Skyrim is any good either...

Fallout: New Vegas, Gothic 2….far superior open world world rpgs

lol wat?

Did you even play Fallout 3 or are you just reciting something you read on the net?

It was packed full with dark humor. And the humor in New Vegas and Fallout 2 was more like juvenile potty humor than dark humor.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@Al-Manyouk said:

@bussinrounds said:

@lordhagan said:

The sheer level of dark humor and hte wonderful voice acting and writing in Fallout 3 is truly without peer in the video game realm.

What the hell are you smoking ?

Fallout 3 was MISSING the dark humor of the previous Fallout games and the writing was TERRIBLE.

Not that Skyrim is any good either...

Fallout: New Vegas, Gothic 2….far superior open world world rpgs

lol wat?

Did you even play Fallout 3 or are you just reciting something you read on the net?

It was packed full with dark humor. And the humor in New Vegas and Fallout 2 was more like juvenile potty humor than dark humor.

I played it. Fallout 3 had no humor and seemed like it was written by pre-schoolers.

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 33

#59  Edited By special-ops
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

I like both of them but Skyrim is better than Fallout 3