Skyrim - seriously?

  • 138 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Kevlar101 (6207 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@quatoe said:

@udubdawgz1 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Metamania said:

I've tried my best to like a game like Skyrim, but just can't do it. I also find it ridiculous that a lot of reviewers, especially Kevin, would give it so much praise when the game is clearly plagued with glitches and bugs. I heard they were fixed, but really? Be honest next time!

I have played Skyrim for hundreds of hours, and I have honestly never once found a major, quest-breaking, AI breaking, or graphics disrupting bug.

Never.

you and me both.

in fact, all I can do is scoff at the mere thought, since, if you take ALL MY GAMES COMBINED I've had only a few problems here and there. I always wait for these game-breaking bugs that never, ever show up.

have I had a few glitches that, oh gasp, make me restart? ya, sure. have I had a few broken quests? sure, until, they get patched or someone finds a way around it.

I have only experienced one bug myself, and that was at the beginning of the game. Since then Skyrim has run almost perfectly without any issues besides the Xbox 360 texture pop in issues.

I got it at launch, and bugs and glitches were all over the place. It was a real mess. Some of them were genuinely funny at first (I saw a head roll UP a hill), but after a while the humour simply disappeared. Playing Skyrim now is almost a different experience for me compared to launch.

......limbs can be cut off?

Since when??

Since when is a head a limb?

In your case it probably is a limb.

Seriously though.

Since when can body parts be cut off?

#52 Posted by Deano (2716 posts) -

you can decapitate but that is the extent of the dismemberment, no arms or legs.

#53 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

I only have one thing to say,mods,thousands of free mods

Yes, I'm aware of the mods. I just did a bit of research on them for the sake of being informed. But alas, none seem to address the terrible combat animations.

#54 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

I only have one thing to say,mods,thousands of free mods

Unfortunately mods can only do so much for such a shallow, uninteresting, buggy, poorly designed game.

Right!

#55 Edited by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@quatoe said:

@udubdawgz1 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Metamania said:

I've tried my best to like a game like Skyrim, but just can't do it. I also find it ridiculous that a lot of reviewers, especially Kevin, would give it so much praise when the game is clearly plagued with glitches and bugs. I heard they were fixed, but really? Be honest next time!

I have played Skyrim for hundreds of hours, and I have honestly never once found a major, quest-breaking, AI breaking, or graphics disrupting bug.

Never.

you and me both.

in fact, all I can do is scoff at the mere thought, since, if you take ALL MY GAMES COMBINED I've had only a few problems here and there. I always wait for these game-breaking bugs that never, ever show up.

have I had a few glitches that, oh gasp, make me restart? ya, sure. have I had a few broken quests? sure, until, they get patched or someone finds a way around it.

I have only experienced one bug myself, and that was at the beginning of the game. Since then Skyrim has run almost perfectly without any issues besides the Xbox 360 texture pop in issues.

I got it at launch, and bugs and glitches were all over the place. It was a real mess. Some of them were genuinely funny at first (I saw a head roll UP a hill), but after a while the humour simply disappeared. Playing Skyrim now is almost a different experience for me compared to launch.

......limbs can be cut off?

Since when??

Since when is a head a limb?

In your case it probably is a limb.

Since my One Handed skill reached Level 100 I've been able to decapitate people. I don't have control over it, it just happens sometimes. Y'know, when those cinematic 'finisher' kills happen and the game camera swaps from being first-person to looking at your character do the last attack on an enemy.

#56 Edited by Pedro (21110 posts) -

@Metamania said:

I've tried my best to like a game like Skyrim, but just can't do it. I also find it ridiculous that a lot of reviewers, especially Kevin, would give it so much praise when the game is clearly plagued with glitches and bugs. I heard they were fixed, but really? Be honest next time!

This claim that its PLAGUED with glitches is GROSSLY overstated. The folks who whine about the excessive glitches are just as annoying as the people who praise the game. Both are extremely wrong.

#57 Posted by Kevlar101 (6207 posts) -

@widdowson91 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@quatoe said:

@udubdawgz1 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Metamania said:

I've tried my best to like a game like Skyrim, but just can't do it. I also find it ridiculous that a lot of reviewers, especially Kevin, would give it so much praise when the game is clearly plagued with glitches and bugs. I heard they were fixed, but really? Be honest next time!

I have played Skyrim for hundreds of hours, and I have honestly never once found a major, quest-breaking, AI breaking, or graphics disrupting bug.

Never.

you and me both.

in fact, all I can do is scoff at the mere thought, since, if you take ALL MY GAMES COMBINED I've had only a few problems here and there. I always wait for these game-breaking bugs that never, ever show up.

have I had a few glitches that, oh gasp, make me restart? ya, sure. have I had a few broken quests? sure, until, they get patched or someone finds a way around it.

I have only experienced one bug myself, and that was at the beginning of the game. Since then Skyrim has run almost perfectly without any issues besides the Xbox 360 texture pop in issues.

I got it at launch, and bugs and glitches were all over the place. It was a real mess. Some of them were genuinely funny at first (I saw a head roll UP a hill), but after a while the humour simply disappeared. Playing Skyrim now is almost a different experience for me compared to launch.

......limbs can be cut off?

Since when??

Since when is a head a limb?

In your case it probably is a limb.

Since my One Handed skill reached Level 100 I've been able to decapitate people. I don't have control over it, it just happens sometimes. Y'know, when those cinematic 'finisher' kills happen and the game camera swaps from being first-person to looking at your character do the last attack on an enemy.

OH. MY. GOD.

WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN MISSING????????

#58 Edited by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@quatoe said:

@udubdawgz1 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Metamania said:

I've tried my best to like a game like Skyrim, but just can't do it. I also find it ridiculous that a lot of reviewers, especially Kevin, would give it so much praise when the game is clearly plagued with glitches and bugs. I heard they were fixed, but really? Be honest next time!

I have played Skyrim for hundreds of hours, and I have honestly never once found a major, quest-breaking, AI breaking, or graphics disrupting bug.

Never.

you and me both.

in fact, all I can do is scoff at the mere thought, since, if you take ALL MY GAMES COMBINED I've had only a few problems here and there. I always wait for these game-breaking bugs that never, ever show up.

have I had a few glitches that, oh gasp, make me restart? ya, sure. have I had a few broken quests? sure, until, they get patched or someone finds a way around it.

I have only experienced one bug myself, and that was at the beginning of the game. Since then Skyrim has run almost perfectly without any issues besides the Xbox 360 texture pop in issues.

I got it at launch, and bugs and glitches were all over the place. It was a real mess. Some of them were genuinely funny at first (I saw a head roll UP a hill), but after a while the humour simply disappeared. Playing Skyrim now is almost a different experience for me compared to launch.

......limbs can be cut off?

Since when??

Since when is a head a limb?

In your case it probably is a limb.

Since my One Handed skill reached Level 100 I've been able to decapitate people. I don't have control over it, it just happens sometimes. Y'know, when those cinematic 'finisher' kills happen and the game camera swaps from being first-person to looking at your character do the last attack on an enemy.

OH. MY. GOD.

WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN MISSING????????

It's Skyrim, so probably quite a bit :P

#59 Edited by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

@Pedro said:

@Metamania said:

I've tried my best to like a game like Skyrim, but just can't do it. I also find it ridiculous that a lot of reviewers, especially Kevin, would give it so much praise when the game is clearly plagued with glitches and bugs. I heard they were fixed, but really? Be honest next time!

This claim that its PLAGUED with glitches is GROSSLY overstated. The folks who whine about the excessive glitches are just as annoying as the people who praise the game. Both are extremely wrong.

I enjoyed Skyrim a lot, but as somebody who played it at launch I can safely say my experience was marred at first by the amount of glitches and bugs I encountered. Everywhere I went I encountered something messed up. Some of the glitches are humorous at first, but after a while I was sick of them. But playing it now is totally fine. It's like a completely different experience. It may have been a mess at first but at least Bethesda sorted it out with successive updates.

#60 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@Evil_Saluki said:

I was never a fan of it from day one and that's coming from someone who's enjoyed Behesda games since they did Terminator Future Shock. Played all the elder scrolls, but the only thing I liked about Skyrim was the beautifully hand crafted world. It was well done for that.

I don't bash on it to sound trendy since it's such a praised game, to put it simply, the whole game felt like it was missing a soul. I didn't feel any connection to the world, my character was hollow even if he/she was the leader of about several different guilds, I never felt impact from it's stories, especially the main one. The whole get married thing was a shallow, half baked but they at least added it as a bonus, but it's quite reflective of many things in the game; Trying to throw in all sorts of ideas but not putting enough attention to any one of them.

The expansion was a joke, pick Dawnguard or Vampires, but either way you do the same missions and you still tag along with the same characters, just your central hub that you spend a good few minutes hanging about changes, but you end up doing the same story with the same options. Where is my multiple path options? I wanted to work with Mercer for the thieves guild. not that cocky slut dark elf, sassy bitch who thinks she's all that when I could take her out with a single bow shot to the face if only it wasn't for the stupid in built in mechanic of making important NPC's only fall KO instead of dying and pissing off forever (Loved New Vegas for that). I was shocked that you have little to no options when it come to the quests. Why couldn't I let the vampire lord take his daughter and rule the world forever, i'm fine with that, I don't want the bow, keep it, let there be eternal night, i'm a frigging vampire too i'm cool with that, hey I don't want to lead, I'm already the leader of the Dark Brotherhood got enough on my plate, plus i'm suppose to save the world as a Dragonborn.

Also, end boss sucked. Spoiler alert! It's a dragon! Like one no different to any of the other ones you've met by that point of the game. If you specced right you'll probably slay it in one or two swings of a ebony two-hander.

Yep, sounds like you've played the game a lot more than me.

I bought the legendary edition under the assumption that it was a good game... but after reading what you've just said - it sounds terrible.

Not only that, but the idea of side quests and random exploration doesn't seem like much of a viable option either - considering how bad the actual gameplay is.

#61 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

@ Pedro

Nope, Especially for console gamers, they were dead on about the bugs. if anything, the bugs Ive heard about hear have been rather tame.

You shouldve seen the one where the entire floor turns invisible. Or the more boring where the game just freezes.

I guess you got lucky.

#62 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@Ish_basic said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

^ Appearently Being Bad Developers is what got Bethesda Critical Acclaim^

CDProjekt released a tool kit, and it just hasn't taken off the way TES/FO have, despite Witcher's characters, story and combat being stronger. Witcher just isn't designed in such a way where people can jump in and remake the world, quests, clothing, environments, etc. I give Bethesda a lot of credit for designing something from the ground up with the intention of allowing the player community the ability to build it even further. Skyrim's openness with respect to how you approach its world and quests is exactly what allows modders to have such an impact....it doesn't happen by accident...you have to plan your game around this concept to make it work.

It's not the only game to do this sort of thing...the original NWN had some of the absolute worst original content, but the mod community made it an amazing experience. And if you wanted to get in on that experience, just like with TES/FO, you have to buy from the publisher. As a result, they're going to get a lot of love (and money) that maybe they didn't earn...or maybe they did - by realizing there's a lot of brilliant people out there...artists, storytellers, programmers that love gaming and if given the chance will spend a weekend or a year sharing their vision with others. TES/FO and the few games are like the videogame equivalent of an open mic and it's amazing to see what people create. If you've never experienced the modding that goes on in these kinds of games, you won't understand why we love them so much. And that's fine. Go play something else (although I know that will be tough for you, LuLu, since I don't think there's a game out there you actually like).

The other thing about modding opportunities offered by games like TES is that it gives you or someone of similar mind the opportunity to improve what you see as wrong with the game, which simultaneously makes the game more fun for you and sends a message to the developer about what you'd like to see next time around. Bethesda has basically hard-coded constructive criticism into their game. Wanna complain? Go grab a CK...they're free.

I see your point but there is a world of difference between creating a GOOD game that's moddable and a TERRIBLE game that lazily expects unpaid volunteers to fill in all the gaps.

Furthermore, mods can often create unstability and are also often just gimmicky things that are only used for a bit of a laugh. (Like naked mods or costume mods.)

#63 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@Al-Manyouk said:

I stopped reading here "The music is dull / dreary", this is where I realized you never actually played the game.

LOL

My friend, I assure you I have played the "game". But to be fair I'll admit I haven't played it that much (because I couldn't stomach the lameness of it). So, okay, maybe the music changes in different parts of the game or whatever.

But my main gripe with the game is the combat.

A "bow" that feels like your firing toothpicks.

- other assorted weapons that are like "hit X then wait 3 seconds while the enemy gets out of harms way before a strike it made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

...

And the fact that gold coins seem to have no value (as there is nothing to buy.)

And as for the "magical" element of the game it seemed tedious and unintuitive at best.

#64 Posted by CTR360 (7112 posts) -

SKYRIM the best WRPG for me i love it

#65 Posted by Al-Manyouk (83 posts) -

@thereal25: I was mistaken. You have played the game, but as a 12 year old you cannot grasp it.

Don't worry, one day you'll grow up, and you'll see what you were missing.

#66 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@Al-Manyouk said:

@thereal25: I was mistaken. You have played the game, but as a 12 year old you cannot grasp it.

Don't worry, one day you'll grow up, and you'll see what you were missing.

heheh, no my friend, it's the other way around:

it's the 12 year olds who have given this game a 94 avg. score on metacritic and described it as "awesome" and "amazing".

#67 Edited by Al-Manyouk (83 posts) -

@thereal25: Again, I assure you, there's nothing to worry about. You'll grow up eventually and learn to appreciate truly great games. Just don't lose your copy of Skyrim (if you really have one that is).

#68 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

I loved Skyrim, thought it was absolutely fantastic.

so did i

#69 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

@ Al-Manyouk

Its more ambitious than great. Not that theres anything wrong with being ambitious but in Bethesda's case, they're writing code their engines can't cash.

#70 Posted by spaceninja818 (424 posts) -

The mods really do make a difference for this game. They may not improve the story, but they improve pretty much everything else. You might have to download 50 other required mods and not know which of the 100 files for each mod to download and install before installing the mod you want, but in the end its worth it. If you have a powerful enough PC, it can turn Skyrim into a nextgen game.

#71 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@thereal25:

alright, it's time for you to put your money where your mouth is: tell us 5 games you love and we'll then dissect your selection in direct comparison to this thread and your comments.

#72 Posted by speedfog (3225 posts) -

I like it but I haven't plaed it longer then 7 hours. (Started last week)

#73 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

@ udUbdaWgz1

Dissect Mine ! :D

I love Arkham City

Trine 2

President Evil 5

Portal 2

and Bayonetta.

And DiRT 3 !

These games are absolutely flawless. ;) miles better than Skyrim.

#74 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

lol, now that's the kind of stuff I like :)

#75 Posted by bussinrounds (2204 posts) -

Try Gothic 2, ppl. Much better open world rpg.

#76 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

@ udUbdaWgz1

Well thats dissapointing.... :(

I lied about these games being flawless, Ive got major gripes with all of them. Don't get me wrong, I love'em to death... But I'm no zealot, I know a flaw when I see one, even in my own favourites.

Still Miles better than Skyrim though :p

#77 Edited by Ariabed (1123 posts) -

Skyrim is that good that you can over look its flaws. You can spend hours and hours on it and not touch any missions. An amazing game to say the least

#78 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

^That Doesn't Make Sense^

Isn't you overlooking its flaws what makes you think its good ?

#79 Posted by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -

Besides the fact that you seem to be a troll, because of how immature your post is

I don't see whats so mind blowing about this too you just because it's popular doesn't mean its for everyone.

#80 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

^Doesn't Mean its good either^

doesn't mean anything other than not everybody is lucky enough to have good taste hehe :p

#81 Posted by coasterguy65 (6025 posts) -

I've got 346 hours in the game and I honestly don't even remember a game break bug. The game is great, but not everyone is going to agree. Although personally I suspect the TC is just trolling and / or never played the game very far.

#82 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ udUbdaWgz1

Well thats dissapointing.... :(

I lied about these games being flawless, Ive got major gripes with all of them. Don't get me wrong, I love'em to death... But I'm no zealot, I know a flaw when I see one, even in my own favourites.

Still Miles better than Skyrim though :p

lol, sorry, I've only played arkham city out of that group and so I couldn't say much. though, I will say this about that game: I do NOT like, no, i usually HATE combo fighting/fighting games, but, i think arkham city is an excellent game. and, even though, the camera and directional thumb-control is, at times, a big issue that causes me to yell at the damn game! i still recognize how good of a game it is. in fact, i wish they would have added even more depth to character building process and had more and more meaningful side quests. it was that good, imo. better?

#83 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

@ udUbdaWgz1

Oh good. You noticed there was something off about the side quests. Thats exactly where I was going with Arkham City, three of them were absolutely terrible.

Heart Of Ice

Shot In The Dark

Identity Theft

and Watcher In The Wings.

They all have the exact same problem. Completing requires no skill of any what so ever, they each test your patience and persistance. But theres no strategy or skill, or hints as to how to complete them.

I expected more from "The World's Greatest Detective"

#84 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7323 posts) -

I didn't like Skyrim, either. I think I'm done with The Elder Scrolls, honestly. I loved Morrowind. Oblivion was a lot of fun until I played it enough to figure out that it was nothing more than a game of given roles that I could play with any character, rather than a game where I create a character with a specific role in mind and then attempt to play the game. Skyrim was just more Oblivion. I gave up on Skyrim sooner, but I think it's probably the better game than Oblivion. Oblivion just soured me enough that I quit Skyrim as soon as it felt like more Oblivion.

#85 Posted by guynamedbilly (12967 posts) -

If you think the potion and magic systems are complicated, I can see why you'd have trouble with the rest of the game.

#86 Posted by Gum_Bercules (8466 posts) -

@guynamedbilly said:

If you think the potion and magic systems are complicated, I can see why you'd have trouble with the rest of the game.

That's true. Obviously the original poster put no real time into the game, which is fine if they didn't like the beginning. It's not the easiest game to get into, but a lot of people love it. It's better than other mindless games like most of the CoD series.

#87 Edited by Sto_Ln (9 posts) -

Skyrim was a lot less polished than Oblivion but well worth the wait. The PC version is amazing. Mods absolutely made the game after the main quest was over for me.

#88 Posted by quatoe (5684 posts) -

@widdowson91 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@widdowson91 said:

@quatoe said:

@udubdawgz1 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Metamania said:

I've tried my best to like a game like Skyrim, but just can't do it. I also find it ridiculous that a lot of reviewers, especially Kevin, would give it so much praise when the game is clearly plagued with glitches and bugs. I heard they were fixed, but really? Be honest next time!

I have played Skyrim for hundreds of hours, and I have honestly never once found a major, quest-breaking, AI breaking, or graphics disrupting bug.

Never.

you and me both.

in fact, all I can do is scoff at the mere thought, since, if you take ALL MY GAMES COMBINED I've had only a few problems here and there. I always wait for these game-breaking bugs that never, ever show up.

have I had a few glitches that, oh gasp, make me restart? ya, sure. have I had a few broken quests? sure, until, they get patched or someone finds a way around it.

I have only experienced one bug myself, and that was at the beginning of the game. Since then Skyrim has run almost perfectly without any issues besides the Xbox 360 texture pop in issues.

I got it at launch, and bugs and glitches were all over the place. It was a real mess. Some of them were genuinely funny at first (I saw a head roll UP a hill), but after a while the humour simply disappeared. Playing Skyrim now is almost a different experience for me compared to launch.

......limbs can be cut off?

Since when??

Since when is a head a limb?

In your case it probably is a limb.

Since my One Handed skill reached Level 100 I've been able to decapitate people. I don't have control over it, it just happens sometimes. Y'know, when those cinematic 'finisher' kills happen and the game camera swaps from being first-person to looking at your character do the last attack on an enemy.

OH. MY. GOD.

WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN MISSING????????

It's Skyrim, so probably quite a bit :P

That is... badass :D

#89 Posted by danytarg (8 posts) -

As far as those criticisms go, I think only the combat being mediocre is true.

For the rest you have to be willing to let yourself be immersed in the world or the game will seem slow and boring. Its like watching a long epic movie. If you aren't immersed in the world its going to be a torture of wasted time as you don't care about anything that happens. Meanwhile there's someone two seats over in the theater that gets very invested in the character and story and loves the movie.

Your willingness to be immersed could be affected on a subconscious level. Perhaps you got sick of hearing about the game, someone whose opinion you respect was negative about it, or you were just not in a slow story mood when you first tried playing. First impressions mean a lot.

#90 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@danytarg said:

As far as those criticisms go, I think only the combat being mediocre is true.

For the rest you have to be willing to let yourself be immersed in the world or the game will seem slow and boring. Its like watching a long epic movie. If you aren't immersed in the world its going to be a torture of wasted time as you don't care about anything that happens. Meanwhile there's someone two seats over in the theater that gets very invested in the character and story and loves the movie.

Your willingness to be immersed could be affected on a subconscious level. Perhaps you got sick of hearing about the game, someone whose opinion you respect was negative about it, or you were just not in a slow story mood when you first tried playing. First impressions mean a lot.

Yeah, there seems to be something about the whole feel of the game that just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the music, I don't like the accents, I don't like the lame things the characters say etc etc.

Funny that you mention first impressions because I recall hearing someone playing the game a while back - but I just thought they were listening to really awful music over and over again - which kind of annoyed me. lol

#91 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

one of the best games I have played.

#92 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@udubdawgz1 said:

@thereal25:

alright, it's time for you to put your money where your mouth is: tell us 5 games you love and we'll then dissect your selection in direct comparison to this thread and your comments.

1. Fallout 3 - Ah, what utter greatness. EVERYTHING is superb expect for perhaps the final battle which is too easy.

2. X-COM: Enemy Unknown - A great remake of a classic. 9/10. It delivers everything a strategy game should: its sufficiently complex, challenging, fun and rewarding.

3. Mass effect 2

4. F.E.A.R (1 or 3) - Creepy, atmospheric great gunplay

Honorable mentions:

fallout new vegas

doom 3

the new Tomb Raider

Dead space 2

#93 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

^I got a reall kick out dissecting Mass Effect 2, particularly its Dialog/morality system. I kicked its ass. ;)

#94 Posted by keenj41 (3 posts) -

I thought Skyrim was fun for a while. Exploration was the thing that made it fun for me. Than I played Dark Souls. I tried to go back to Skyrim after that and couldn't do it. The gameplay is pretty bad, just felt very button mashy to me, not much strategy to it.

#95 Posted by thereal25 (458 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

^I got a reall kick out dissecting Mass Effect 2, particularly its Dialog/morality system. I kicked its ass. ;)

lol I never really gave much thought to the whole paragon/renegade thing - I just did what I thought was appropriate - or in some cases, the most funny.

Same with the dialog.

#96 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13661 posts) -

@ thereal25

I never talk about it unless people ask me to because I get reall agressive about why I think its broken.

#97 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@thereal25:

lol, now i'm really confused as to your dislike for skyrim, since, I've also played fallout3, fear1, mass2 and newvegas.

those 4 games, which, i enjoy, have nothing over skyrim when i break them all down. obviously, they all have negative issues, but, at least, fallout3 and nv and skyrim allow the player to overcome many of them. fear1 isn't even worthy of comparison and i'll not get into the overrated, simplified, handholding and dumbed-down mass2 here, unless, it's warranted :)

like I've said, skyrim has some issues that I've argued about heatedly, but, i'd be foolish to think those games are head and shoulders above it.

#98 Posted by kkviolet (8 posts) -

ha, i just think everyone has their own opinion, so even though lots of people really like this game, it doesn't mean you have to love it too, but to be honest i love this game, maybe sometimes i will get bored of it too, but overall i keep playing it for almost 2 or 3 month. i don't like the look of the character either, cause it's really kind of ugly... so you could use the mod to improve it. but i really think the graphic in this game is wonderful, sometimes i just stop to see the scenery not doing the quest, even though it's fake not reality. if you don't like this game, you can just ignore it, play other games you love~ but you can try some mod, it will make this game even better and interesting

#99 Posted by gamerguru100 (10647 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

:P

Seriously though...it's weird because just tonight, I was randomly thinking "Hm, I should play Skyrim again."

I happen to love it.

Opinions are opinions.

I LOL'ED @ the pic. I'm thinking of playing a sneak/archer character soon. I love slitting peoples throats with daggers. :P

#100 Edited by groowagon (2822 posts) -
@thereal25 said:

@udubdawgz1 said:

@thereal25:

alright, it's time for you to put your money where your mouth is: tell us 5 games you love and we'll then dissect your selection in direct comparison to this thread and your comments.

1. Fallout 3 - Ah, what utter greatness. EVERYTHING is superb expect for perhaps the final battle which is too easy.

2. X-COM: Enemy Unknown - A great remake of a classic. 9/10. It delivers everything a strategy game should: its sufficiently complex, challenging, fun and rewarding.

3. Mass effect 2

4. F.E.A.R (1 or 3) - Creepy, atmospheric great gunplay

Honorable mentions:

fallout new vegas

doom 3

the new Tomb Raider

Dead space 2

WOW... you like Fallout 3 but not Skyrim? everything you mentioned in the original post applies to Fallout 3 also... i mean... wtf?

* music is dull in both, but actually stands out better in Skyrim imo

* characters are pretty much as interesting as bricks in both

* combat... well i must say VATS made it bit more interesting in Fallout 3, but essentially works the same way

* voice acting / accents / face models suck on both

* the story? equally bland in both imo

* as a bonus, both are equally buggy. in Fallout 3 i had to restart the whole game once, since one story quest totally bugged

that said, i really liked them both mainly because of the open world structure. i like exploring, and i personally think the story doesn't matter so much in games like these.

as for the other titles, X-COM remake was really cool, Mass Effects are shit (i really wanted to like them since i'd love to play a good scifi RPG) because they were way too linear and movie-like. FEAR? only the first one was good. they were never able to capture the atmosphere again in the sequels. went too far down the action-avenue.