Skyrim Remastered

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CamoKalisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By CamoKalisky
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

How bout this! They remake skyrim the worlds best video game in the history of the world really not really. And put it on the new consoles Xbox one and ps4! I know they are working on elder scrolls online but I believe skyrim remastered with new graphics and alls of that awesome jazz would make everybody else jizz

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

How about the whole Elder Scrolls collection? I'd love to play them all in remastered glory, especially oblivion.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

No. It doesn't need a remaster. And everyone has already played Skyrim to death. I would rather have TES VI.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@BattleSpectre: What about Whole tamriel in Modding graphics with PC modding community and maybe some wacky Co-op/mutiplayer mode xD

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre

@dylandr said:

@BattleSpectre: What about Whole tamriel in Modding graphics with PC modding community and maybe some wacky Co-op/mutiplayer mode xD

Heh, I almost didn't recognize you now that you're sporting a new avatar, but then I remembered the golden rule... nobody knows you're a dog on the internet ;]. To be honest I think developers should keep multiplayer away from these types of games, they should be played for their single player experience and that should be their main focus. When it comes to modding, you can already mod the Elder Scrolls games on PC (and I'm sure there's a mod out there which adds multiplayer to these games, or could be done).

I meant more like bring them over to the current gen consoles in remastered glory, I'm down for that.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dylandr

@BattleSpectre: Yeah i mean the Multiplayer more like a Arena minigame where you can see how good your character holds up VS that of anyone else.

But if you do a remaster you need to do all ports ofcourse! and don't you think it would be awesome to go the WHOLE tamriel with the High preformance and hi-res textures that the modding community is sporting :D

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

@dylandr said:

@BattleSpectre: Yeah i mean the Multiplayer more like a Arena minigame where you can see how good your character holds up VS that of anyone else.

But if you do a remaster you need to do all ports ofcourse! and don't you think it would be awesome to go the WHOLE tamriel with the High preformance and hi-res textures that the modding community is sporting :D

But you don't need to wait for a PC remastered version to do that, you can already get mods from the community in any Elder Scrolls game you want :P. As for an Arena multiplayer mode that would be cool, as we already know combat in Elder Scrolls games aren't the best but that would be fun.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dylandr

@BattleSpectre: it would lower our mod count making room for more mods!

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Not sure it makes much economic sense... And also there's no new audience as yet to re-buy it. Yes I know some would, but it'd be a bit like remastering GTA IV.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#9 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

NO....

First Fallout 4

Then The Elder Scrolls VI...

That's a tight schedule.

No wasting time on Remastering old games.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#10 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I'd love to see a Skyrim community repackage released that gives the modding community some promotion and a cut for alot of their hard work and dedication to modding Skyrim.

Though, I wouldnt play it since my Skyrim is modded like crazy, but it'll be nice for a console release or those on PC that are daunted by Skyrim Modding.

Though, not all the best mods can make it in since alot relies on 3rd party patches, ini files etc.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

There are too many remasters as it is.

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

I'm already playing the remastered version. It's called PC.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@acp_45 said:

NO....

First Fallout 4

That's a tight schedule.

I agree. I would buy a remastered Morrowind in a heartbeat, though, if they did spend time on remastering one of their titles - it's outdated enough while being so excellent where it counts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

I'd definitely buy a remastered Skyrim for my Xbox One, loved playing it on the 360.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

Somehow I never got around to playing it so I would love to see on the PS4 or XOne~

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

Question to all of you who want this to happen- why would you not just build an inexpensive, decent PC and get Skyrim? We're already playing the 'remastered' versions. The modding community improved this game far more than Bethesda ever could.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

@acp_45 said:

NO....

First Fallout 4

That's a tight schedule.

Same here

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

There are so man mods that overhaul Skyrim in so many ways, you can basically play a "remastered" version now.

-Byshop

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

Just stop with the remakes, developers should spend their resources on making new games look at this generation there are not a lot of good new games being released.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#20 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

How about this: they focus their time and resources on new games (like the next Fallout/TES game) instead of remaking an old one? I'm kind of a hypocrite because I probably would buy a remastered Fallout 3/New Vegas, but only because they weren't very well optimized on the PS3- more so in New Vegas's case, though I still really enjoyed these games. But still, I'd much much rather see new games in these franchises than remakes.

@newwellofgabe said:

I'm already playing the remastered version. It's called PC.

There's a perfect Forum for you. It's called System Wars.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

@newwellofgabe said:

Question to all of you who want this to happen- why would you not just build an inexpensive, decent PC and get Skyrim? We're already playing the 'remastered' versions. The modding community improved this game far more than Bethesda ever could.

Because I simply don't really care for PC gaming.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

@yukushi: you act like there has been a generation of remakes or something infact very few remakes have come out..

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'm not a big remake person, but like it or not remakes happen. If there ever was a game that could use a remake it's Skyrim. The graphics could use some sprucing up, and the game is still shit on the PS3. So yeah make a version for the PS4 / Xbone and I'll pick it up when it is reasonably priced.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

or you could just play the PC version

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

I put so many hours into skyrim but I never completed the game, atleast the dragon story part of it. I like how there is 2 main plots where you can go the civil war or the dragon lore and stuff like the mages guild,thieves guild is all mixed into aswell just so much to do.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Completely unnecessary. Just buy the PC version and mod it.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

Firstly, the game is less than four years old - it really doesn't need a remaster.

Secondly, even if Bethesda spent a couple of years improving Skyrim for a remaster, it still wouldn't come close to what modders have done with the PC version.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there were modded versions of the game (already released or or coming soon) which would be too graphically intensive for the PS4 and X1 to handle.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there were modded versions of the game (already released or or coming soon) which would be too graphically intensive for the PS4 and X1 to handle.

I was running a 7970 and a i5-3570k (stock) and with some enb presets enabled I would tank down to 25-30fps.

Was planning on retesting those same enb's now that I'm running with a 970 and i5--4790k to see if I get any improvement, but yeah, basically some modded version are already so intense that they stress even the best PC builds out atm.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#29  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

the modders re-mastered this game the very second they released the development kit and made the game better then bethesda could ever do.

I think the only thing we probably need them to do is release updates to make the game perform better... if they were to remaster anything they should add gameplay improvements and improve the crappy animations. The graphics side is already covered well by the tons of mods. The animations are so bad, i can't believe how bad they look. There are some animation mods but most don't really work quite right.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Mods sucks, i hate mods

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I have skyrim on last gen. It looks incredible still. I don't think it needs a remaster.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

"Daggerfall Remastered" would be something though

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

I do have Skyrim remastered. For PC with mods. LOL. Tough luck if you only own consoles.

upsydedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 upsydedown
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I built a pc last xmas and just got a card for it 2 months ago. I can safely say from my experience that the single greatest problem keeping people from playing games on a superior format is their ATTITUDE. Why would a multi format developer like Bethesda sink money into updating one of the most modded games of the last decade only to appease the tiny and lazy current gen install base? If potato lovers only knew how great 4 yrs old pc games without mods look compared to current gen console games made in the last year... then maybe they could string together a thought on how good modded ones look. Why not simply build a rig and play the best version of games? Why settle for some improvements when you could have the best? Skyrim sells for as low as 5 bucks on Steam... and Bethesda should be set back so current gen console gamers can get a slight bump in Skyrim graphics that wont match the pc version? Youre doing it wrong...

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

@upsydedown: Reviving dead threads is frowned upon on these forums. Threadomancers are chased out of this peaceful community with torches and pitchforks. However, a bigger sin is feeding the threads revived by threadomancers. Those people are tortured and burned...