evren_272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 evren_272
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

when i increase my armor rating does the damage of all enemies increase as well?

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#2 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#3 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Nope. Enemies scale depending on the difficulty you set the game at and your level (It scales at a minimum/maximum level range).

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

It scales according to the difficulty setting, not armor rating (which should have the opposite effect against melee attacks)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ah yes.... Level Scaling. Nobody likes that feature in anygame.

evren_272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evren_272

@Lulu_Lulu: u said it bro! coz then whats the point of leveling up other than just gaining new skills...what the hell are these developers thinking...if no one likes this f'ed up retarted feature then why the hell put it....developers are such retards at times...i hope those f****tards read this

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

The enemies only increase with your level, since the game assumes that you'll generally increase your health stats over time, but the armor has no impact on enemies. You could theoretically get daedric armor at level one using console commands or something, and you'd have massive armor stats with weak enemies, but higher level enemies and gear should start spawning as you level up

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

@evren_272:

I think they keep putting it in because on some unconsious level.... it achieves a specific result.

Hard to believe isn't it ?

A feature that makes people play for longer even when they don't really want to.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mastermetal777

@evren_272 The game technically doesn't have a dynamic level scaling system though. It's a lot more like Fallout 3 in that regard, where areas and encounters are level-locked as soon as you come across them, which means you can go back after leveling up and wipe the floor on a previously difficult section of the game. Certain encounters, like most wildlife in the overworld, are locked at certain levels no matter what. Other areas like city blocks, dungeons, etc., are locked at whatever level they're set at whenever you find them. For instance, an area that's designated at "encounter level 5" for example, will remain locked at that level if you discover it at that particular level. They're usually a few levels above what the player's level is at that point in time, but it will never scale upwards after that initial discovery. If you're at a higher level, the area will be at a higher level to compensate for your level grind, but it will never go up whenever you do. Does that make sense, OP?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

So its kind of like a "Soft Cap"....... or a Soft Bottom to be more specific ?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: soft caps are usually done for games with new game plus, where the level cap can increase after beating it once. These area levels just cap out whenever you first encounter them, and don't change at all throughout the rest of the game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

Thats why I called it a "Soft Bottom".

Still though.... its very crafty, I've never seen Level Scaling used that way before.

Sneaky Move indeed.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: play Fallout or Final Fantasy or pretty much any JRPG. They work pretty much in that way. It's all based on how your natural progression should be. Level grinding screws you over in games with scaling in place, and games without it become easier if you grind. Games like Skyrim encourage skill instead of leveling, because of the way progression works (the more you use a certain skill, the better you get at it). Levels are just added context to that progression.

evren_272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 evren_272

@Lulu_Lulu:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@evren_272:

I think they keep putting it in because on some unconsious level.... it achieves a specific result.

Hard to believe isn't it ?

A feature that makes people play for longer even when they don't really want to.

probably using "Behavioral Sciences"

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

If the game encouraged skill then it wouldn't need Levels at all let alone Level Scaling.

You played Bastion right..... do you remember The Shrine that housed various Idols ?

That encourages skill.

If I remember correctly in Bastion leveling up only influences The Passive Skills you can equip...... I don't really like Passive Skills because anything that requires any level of actual skill is mostly Active.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mastermetal777

Leveling in Skyrim actually works the same way...mostly. I can only think of very few actions unlocked with skill points (on one hand). Everything you do in the game is purely through player input. And the scaling is so the game doesn't get too easy. And even then, you can get through most any encounter with enough time, patience, and well-timed attacks. I beat a troll once when I was severely underleveled, and I made it out without dying once and with very few potions. Player skill isn't affected by leveling. It just gives well deserved bonuses for your actions.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

Yeah.... thats what they said about..... you already know what game I'm thinking of. ;)

For Me... only Bastion gets it right. And that really makes me curious about Transistor.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: Transistor is is all about allocation of new abilities. You can either make them active attacks, or place them into other attacks for secondary functions. It also has a slight turn-based function, but this post is about Skyrim so that's all I'll say on that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

Turn Base was never my thing.... buy hey.... I loved Yugi-Yoh maybe I'l like it too.

evren_272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 evren_272

@mastermetal777 said:

@evren_272 The game technically doesn't have a dynamic level scaling system though. It's a lot more like Fallout 3 in that regard, where areas and encounters are level-locked as soon as you come across them, which means you can go back after leveling up and wipe the floor on a previously difficult section of the game. Certain encounters, like most wildlife in the overworld, are locked at certain levels no matter what. Other areas like city blocks, dungeons, etc., are locked at whatever level they're set at whenever you find them. For instance, an area that's designated at "encounter level 5" for example, will remain locked at that level if you discover it at that particular level. They're usually a few levels above what the player's level is at that point in time, but it will never scale upwards after that initial discovery. If you're at a higher level, the area will be at a higher level to compensate for your level grind, but it will never go up whenever you do. Does that make sense, OP?

so what ur saying is that these dungeon's enemies will be at ur or a level higher than urs when u first encounter them, but after that if you level up more these enemies still remain the same level as u first encountered them?

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

@evren_272 said:

@Lulu_Lulu: u said it bro! coz then whats the point of leveling up other than just gaining new skills...what the hell are these developers thinking...if no one likes this f'ed up retarted feature then why the hell put it....developers are such retards at times...i hope those f****tards read this

Loading Video...

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mastermetal777

@evren_272: pretty much

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

No and that's why you become insanely overpowered in this game if you max out certain stats and make yourself some very powerful gear/weapons. Conversely, you will get annihilated if you just use default weapons and gear without improving them, even if they are some of the best in the game. But at least you can adjust the difficulty to your liking. I first started at Apprentice and eventually raised it one by one until I got to Master. Can't remember if I ever changed it to Legendary since that was later introduced.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

@SoNin360:

What does the Difficulty Change ?

evren_272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 evren_272

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@SoNin360:

What does the Difficulty Change ?

GOOD QUESTION!

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@evren_272: @Lulu_Lulu: All it changes is damage dealt and damage taken. No changes in AI or anything. Adept is the standard since it's Normal mode.

Source: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Difficulty#Skyrim

evren_272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 evren_272

@kriggy said:
@evren_272 said:

Loading Video...

listen as***le not all of us have all the time in the world to keep re-trying again and again when we face a tough enemy....if u haven't realized there are Casual Gamers who want to play Action games as well who just want to play to unwind rather than keep playing all day retrying over and over again...hardcore gamers aren't the only ones out there...and this is a commercial game...probably guys like u don't have much of a life to have so much time on ur hands to keep playing a game like this for hours....thats why ur probably still a virgin...or slept with some ugly girl

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mastermetal777

@evren_272 said:
@kriggy said:
@evren_272 said:

Loading Video...

listen as***le not all of us have all the time in the world to keep re-trying again and again when we face a tough enemy....if u haven't realized there are Casual Gamers who want to play Action games as well who just want to play to unwind rather than keep playing all day retrying over and over again...hardcore gamers aren't the only ones out there...and this is a commercial game...probably guys like u don't have much of a life to have so much time on ur hands to keep playing a game like this for hours....thats why ur probably still a virgin...or slept with some ugly girl

*OP doesn't realize Lulu is the biggest troll on the forums*

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

@evren_272: Wow, I'm surprised you didn't claim to have slept with my mother as well while you were at it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu

@SoNin360:

Ah yes.... classic Bethesda move.

Also sorry for the late reply. Lulu's a busy boy. :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

He doesn't realize because it probably isn't true.

Its kinda hard to be the "Biggest" anything if I'm never here. You gotta let go of that bone buddy. Let bygones be bygones but most importantly..... let Lulu get back on top. I miss being the proverbial pain in everyone's ass. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@evren_272 said:
@kriggy said:
@evren_272 said:

Loading Video...

Don't buy the game if you don't want to retry.

Don't hate on people that have time to play games. If you don't have time then don't play a game that requires you to commit to it. The world doesn't revolve around you....It doesn't care about you.

Get flOw for PS3 if you want to unwind.

I don't see how Skyrim requires hardcore commitment... Yes it is a long game if you want to complete all it's content or even half but that doesn't mean that whoever completes it is hardcore. Just play the game at your own pace. Hardcore gamer is a misleading term... because depending on context it could mean a lot of things.. But the context, Hardcore gamer and Skyrim.........I struggle to correlate.

Also Why go through the effort of swearing when you end up censoring them.. ?

evren_272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 evren_272

@acp_45:

@acp_45 said:
@evren_272 said:
@kriggy said:
@evren_272 said:

Loading Video...

Don't buy the game if you don't want to retry.

Don't hate on people that have time to play games. If you don't have time then don't play a game that requires you to commit to it. The world doesn't revolve around you....It doesn't care about you.

Get flOw for PS3 if you want to unwind.

I don't see how Skyrim requires hardcore commitment... Yes it is a long game if you want to complete all it's content or even half but that doesn't mean that whoever completes it is hardcore. Just play the game at your own pace. Hardcore gamer is a misleading term... because depending on context it could mean a lot of things.. But the context, Hardcore gamer and Skyrim.........I struggle to correlate.

Also Why go through the effort of swearing when you end up censoring them.. ?

its not about hating on people who have time to play but at first i just refereed to what lulu said that developers adding features that people don't like and was acknowledging it and then this wise ass suddenly gets the nerve to post a video mocking me which provoked me to point out to facts and actual negative points which people tend to understand if your not a jerk. i wasn't showing hatred for anyone but the developers untill that douche started it.

The world may not revolve around you but when your paying it a crapload of your hard earned money without revealing what ur really getting urself into (with so many hidden features like level scaling that is mostly revealed by fans who played the game and not the company) it has to care about you. Otherwise we don't buy or pay to play, go to a friends place to try the game on his system and in turn the developers loose business and though it may be slow before you know it, this loss of market worsens and that company can go bankrupt. Its a business. its not the world but companies that want to make money off of you. We consumers decide the fate of these profit making organizations. Its like Lulu (though he may be a troll which i didn't know then) said their adding features that peope don't like. And when people find out they paid for what they don't like. If they keep selling stuff to people that they don't like they will loose the market in the long run. And i know plenty that hate Skyrim.

So before you go about trying to enlighten people with quotes like "world doesn't revolve around you" think about people paying companies their hard earned money for their products which they were told would give them what their looking for, when not precise. Not all of us have the luxury of time to research.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lulu_Lulu

@evren_272:

LoL... Amen Brother.

Dark Souls is to me what Skyrim is To you.

I find it strange that I can be labelled a troll when I only complain about one game..... granted I have been complaining about this one gane for three years straight..... lol I complained about it before I even bought it.

It doesn't actually bother me anymore.... the word has been thrown around so many times in so many different contexts that its essentially meaningless. In my situation Troll is what people call me when I point out (Level by level and enemy by enemy) how stupid one game is..... I do this in such detail it pisses people off since their argument usually consists of one sentence containing two adjectives..... or worse..... post me a link to Metacritic.

Its the Internet, man.... it makes people lazy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#36 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@evren_272:

LoL... Amen Brother.

Dark Souls is to me what Skyrim is To you.

I find it strange that I can be labelled a troll when I only complain about one game..... granted I have been complaining about this one gane for three years straight..... lol I complained about it before I even bought it.

It doesn't actually bother me anymore.... the word has been thrown around so many times in so many different contexts that its essentially meaningless. In my situation Troll is what people call me when I point out (Level by level and enemy by enemy) how stupid one game is..... I do this in such detail it pisses people off since their argument usually consists of one sentence containing two adjectives..... or worse..... post me a link to Metacritic.

Its the Internet, man.... it makes people lazy.

I just think we disagree on most things simply because of subjectivity...

Although you try to universally objectify your experience.. You try very hard.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lulu_Lulu

@acp_45:

Perhaps there's no such thing as Objectivity.

What I do is try to look at it from multiple perspectives. I don't always give my opinion based off my own personal experience.... I do try to think how things might be different for other people. I was never Killed by a mimic but I can imagine how infuriating the experience might have been for anyone who was.

I didn't struggle all that much with Dark Souls.... but surely anyone can see how its design leaves alot to be desired....... or atleast thats what I thought.