Skyrim Bug Issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beigefoot76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 beigefoot76
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I don't know if there's a thread specifically for game issues, or even a thread for specific games. If so, please let me know. Anyway, I can't seem to find anything helpful with this issue, so I thought I'd try here. Arkngthamz dungeon in Skyrim is giving me trouble. I've arrived at the Tonal Lock Puzzle, and have solved the puzzle, which is supposed to be when the doors open. Problem is, they don't open. I've tried it 5 different times. Wiki says that is one of the bugs, but I can't find even any speculation on how to get around the bug. There was one vague suggestion that beginning the Dawnguard quest might have caused it, but I can't find corroboration. Does anyone have any suggestions? They'd be much appreciated. Thank you.
bamfqt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bamfqt
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
If you're on PC press tilde key (~) and console should popout, click the door that is supposed to open and type "disable" (without quotes) It makes the door go away, but I won't guarantee that will work. Also, I'm not sure if you're on XBOX 360, PS3 or PC... If you're playing XBOX360/PS3 I can't really help you, sorry...
MattBassCovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MattBassCovers
Hey, anyone think they can help me with my problem? I've had a very annoying bug for a while now, and it really gets on my nerves. Basically, NPC's disappear at short distances. They only appear if I'm very close, so understandably it makes archery nearly impossible, etc etc. I have a few mods installed, but I don't know if it's anything to do with my mods, or the game or whatever. PLEASE HELP!
MattBassCovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MattBassCovers
Problem solved, it appears my actor fade decided to turn itself all the way down >.
Wynteraeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wynteraeon
I also have a problem, but can't find that anyone else has this problem. I am trying to go into a couple caves (some for fun and some for missions) and I simply can't enter them. I just run into a blank wall. The two I can remember are Broken Helm Hollow and the Runnvald Excavation. There is one more, but I can't remember the name of it. I have not seen anyone mention these particular bugs and I don't know what could have caused it. I have a few mods, but nothing that should affect these particular caves.
Kaizorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaizorn
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
I also have a problem, but can't find that anyone else has this problem. I am trying to go into a couple caves (some for fun and some for missions) and I simply can't enter them. I just run into a blank wall. The two I can remember are Broken Helm Hollow and the Runnvald Excavation. There is one more, but I can't remember the name of it. I have not seen anyone mention these particular bugs and I don't know what could have caused it. I have a few mods, but nothing that should affect these particular caves.Wynteraeon
I've played a LOT of Skyrim..it's a way of life, not a game! I've read a lot about bugs..I've never seen this one you're talking about..good luck finding a fix, man.
Wynteraeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wynteraeon
I know. Nobody has mentioned these issues and it's driving me nuts because there are a couple of small quests I need to finish. Also, it's woman, not man. But thanks! ***Update. It was one of my mods.
RileyW13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RileyW13
I have a bug in skyrim, in which all the standings stones are gone, they're invisible, can walk right through where they should be, I have no idea what caused of the bug. PLEASE HELP!
Carakozabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Carakozabra
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Ok so I got this weird problem/bug/glitch, hell knows, in Skyrim. I've been doing the cubes quest in Nchardak, Solsthein. and after I found the 4th cube the bug has started. At first I thought it was a part of the quest, when Neloth said you need to find all of the cubes in order to steam the room where the black book is. So basically my character started steaming, literally: http://imageupload.co.uk/files/npgi0crhmbhzir6aodzp.jpg I have no idea how to solve it and what caused it, but I can tell what I've lately been doing: I've done the quest two times, the first time I got stuck at the 3rd cube and thought I've probably missed something so I loaded the save before the quest and then completed it. Afterwards I continued playing for about two hours until I got to Whiterun and then noticed it didn't stopped. (I mostly prefer playing in 3rd person, but the steam was blocking my view so I switched to 1st person, and after the two hours I switched back to 3rd and saw it's still there). http://imageupload.co.uk/files/v9tol5kt2pdfyoob7or1.jpg Then I thought it might be a problem in the mods, so I tried disabling a few, enabling and disabling different mods each time and then loading the game. Then I disabled every single one of them, including FNIS, but it didn't make any change. I must mention that I've been installing some mods for the last three days for the first time. But I haven't got to check all of them to work properly, just most of them, so that is why I disabled them. Also this steam reminds me of the steam that gets out of the Dwemer Centurion. (you can in fact notice when you look at the hands that there are invisible-swords-like glitches. http://imageupload.co.uk/files/og186dg6sqiccjka0hck.jpg Any idea how to solve it?
Carakozabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Carakozabra

Ok so I got this weird problem/bug/glitch, hell knows, in Skyrim.
I've been doing the cubes quest in Nchardak, Solsthein. and after I found the 4th cube the bug has started.
At first I thought it was a part of the quest, when Neloth said you need to find all of the cubes in order to steam the room where the black book is.
So basically my character started steaming, literally: npgi0crhmbhzir6aodzp.jpg 

I have no idea how to solve it and what caused it, but I can tell what I've lately been doing:
I've done the quest two times, the first time I got stuck at the 3rd cube and thought I've probably missed something so I loaded the save before the quest and then completed it.
Afterwards I continued playing for about two hours until I got to Whiterun and then noticed it didn't stopped. (I mostly prefer playing in 3rd person, but the steam was blocking my view so I switched to 1st person, and after the two hours I switched back to 3rd and saw it's still there). v9tol5kt2pdfyoob7or1.jpg 

Then I thought it might be a problem in the mods, so I tried disabling a few, enabling and disabling different mods each time and then loading the game.
Then I disabled every single one of them, including FNIS, but it didn't make any change.

I must mention that I've been installing some mods for the last three days for the first time. But I haven't got to check all of them to work properly, just most of them, so that is why I disabled them.

Also this steam reminds me of the steam that gets out of the Dwemer Centurion.
(you can in fact notice when you look at the hands that there are invisible-swords-like glitches: og186dg6sqiccjka0hck.jpg

Any idea how to solve it?

Addictionsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Addictionsz
i just played skyrim , i am not sure if this is a bug or what. But when my characters die , it doesn't respawn or load from the last save file.. It just show your character's dead body down there and rotating in all angles. Can't even select quit game , load game or anything.
Carakozabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Carakozabra

Ok so I got this weird problem/bug/glitch, hell knows, in Skyrim.
I've been doing the cubes quest in Nchardak, Solsthein. and after I found the 4th cube the bug has started.
At first I thought it was a part of the quest, when Neloth said you need to find all of the cubes in order to steam the room where the black book is.
So basically my character started steaming, literally: npgi0crhmbhzir6aodzp.jpg

I have no idea how to solve it and what caused it, but I can tell what I've lately been doing:
I've done the quest two times, the first time I got stuck at the 3rd cube and thought I've probably missed something so I loaded the save before the quest and then completed it.
Afterwards I continued playing for about two hours until I got to Whiterun and then noticed it didn't stopped. (I mostly prefer playing in 3rd person, but the steam was blocking my view so I switched to 1st person, and after the two hours I switched back to 3rd and saw it's still there). v9tol5kt2pdfyoob7or1.jpg 

Then I thought it might be a problem in the mods, so I tried disabling a few, enabling and disabling different mods each time and then loading the game.
Then I disabled every single one of them, including FNIS, but it didn't make any change.

I must mention that I've been installing some mods for the last three days for the first time. But I haven't got to check all of them to work properly, just most of them, so that is why I disabled them.

Also this steam reminds me of the steam that gets out of the Dwemer Centurion.
(you can in fact notice when you look at the hands that there are invisible-swords-like glitches: og186dg6sqiccjka0hck.jpg

Any idea how to solve it?

Carakozabra

Guys! I found the solution!
I wasn't wrong about the Dwemer Centurion.

If anyone is going to have such problem here is the solution but it'll only work with the console commands on PC:

type [color=#888f96]player.addspell 00030fbe[/color] then type [color=#888f96]player.removespell 00030fbe[/color]
It works as long as you close the console between commands.

anhoaphat686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anhoaphat686
Thank you ! I have learned a lot from your posts wel: http://jn-ch.info
Avatar image for doomsdayrubbish
doomsdayrubbish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 doomsdayrubbish
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

If anyone is encountering the bug where hitting the Tonal Locks in the correct order won't open the gates make sure you save before hitting the locks because i've found on the Xbox 360 atleast saving then exiting to xbox Home memu then restarting the game fixes the bug.Just thought i'd put that out there if anyone needed help with that part of Lost To The Ages.