This topic is locked from further discussion.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

Does anyone else agree that the lack of Acrobatics and Athletics ruined skyrim? Cause that's the only thing keeping me from playing it. It's like..."If I can't increase my running speed or jump constantly so I can go super high, why play? Who wants to crawl like a toddler the whole game? And then run for 10ft. and then continue crawling?"

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I guess they removed those since you have shouts that give similar bonuses. I dunno.
SloveenEfsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SloveenEfsei
Member since 2012 • 42 Posts

^ yeah. i agree. also they might have removed it to balance out gameplay. imagine a mage pelting you with dual spells while running considerably faster than you. in the end, imo, having a fixed rate of movement speed and jump height turned out to be ok.

donymarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 donymarko
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
yes
fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
But the shouts are bullshat. They are very limited to a short period of time. Plus, isn't that what an rpg is all about? leveling your character to be beast so that you can easily kill things?
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

The biggest annoyance in Skyrim was having to equip spells imo. I really missed having a spellbutton.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#7 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
But the shouts are bullshat. They are very limited to a short period of time. Plus, isn't that what an rpg is all about? leveling your character to be beast so that you can easily kill things?fnevaeva
I don't disagree with you, I was just saying the most probable reason to why they removed the features. Though I don't think the shouts are too bad. The equipping spells, as valium said, can be annoying.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="fnevaeva"]But the shouts are bullshat. They are very limited to a short period of time. Plus, isn't that what an rpg is all about? leveling your character to be beast so that you can easily kill things?Dudersaper
I don't disagree with you, I was just saying the most probable reason to why they removed the features. Though I don't think the shouts are too bad. The equipping spells, as valium said, can be annoying.

The entire inventory/menu interface in Skyrim is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Cromytoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cromytoe
Do you mean hotkeys? just look up how to create a hot key and then you can, well hot key the spell
RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts
FYI you can increase your running speed. Hold down either L2 or R2, I can't remember which one it is. It does consume stamina though.
I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts
Skyrim is a great game but I find it to be glitchy which is annoying!
RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RoniHot
Yeah, sometimes the glitches get annoying. I haven't had too many issues, mainly characters stuck in the ground and if you play for too long it gets "sticky." I'm a relatively new gamer and I really enjoy this game.
jacky1905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jacky1905
I have a problem at companions questline. Aela keeps giving me the same quest for 6 or 7th time (something like retrieve the parts of Wuuthrad) and she is naked! Please help me solve theese bugs
RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RoniHot
Are you playing on PC? I heard there's some patches you can download to fix glitches. Otherwise I'm not sure how to fix them (other than re-starting your game or loading from a different save file).
pawikdziech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pawikdziech
i agre with you
pawikdziech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pawikdziech
i agre with youpawikdziech
pawikdziech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pawikdziech
*I agree with you
Shamsuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Shamsuk
[QUOTE="fnevaeva"]

Does anyone else agree that the lack of Acrobatics and Athletics ruined skyrim? Cause that's the only thing keeping me from playing it. It's like..."If I can't increase my running speed or jump constantly so I can go super high, why play? Who wants to crawl like a toddler the whole game? And then run for 10ft. and then continue crawling?"

There's no doubt that compared to previous Elder Scrolls games, certain elements of Skyrim have been dumbed down. But that hardly ruins the game. It's still a quality RPG in the eyes of any gamer susceptible to reason. Just to be clear though, you're refusing to play Skyrim based on notions (I would say extreme and slightly confusing notions) of how the game plays without having actually played it, right?
MonitorWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonitorWizard
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts

If you play Skyrim on PC,there is a mod that corrects this 'oversight that ruined the game'.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30968/?

HAple2769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HAple2769
The removal of spell creation, and decreasing the number and variety of spells and skills was what made Skyrim feel much smaller to me than Oblivion and Morrowind. That, and the shortness of questlines and the removal of the traditional Fighters and Mages Guild. Among other things :P However, the actual stories and dungeons were a lot more interesting than the ones in Oblivion, so I find it easier to role play than the Elder Scrolls' previous game.
krzysiektbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 krzysiektbg
I agree
Dequan1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dequan1233
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts
Meh, the acrobatics, jumping, and martial arts can be added as a mod now. Its actually quite fresh and adds a little spice to the game.
sharpey-123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sharpey-123
i think there's plenty of skills as it is in skyrim and maybe the dev's thought that adding acrobatics would just be too much? but i definitely wouldn't let the fact that there are no acrobatics keep you from playing the game.