Skate or Tony Hawks Proving Ground?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

Pick on and explain why. I have done so below:

Skate...cmon man, another Tony Hawk? after THUG 2, they sucked entirely and completely! Skate is the kind of skateboard game I've always wanted and dreamed of, and its finally about to become a reality!

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 nutta27
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
I am a skater and so apretiate the work that has gone into skate to make it both fun and realistic, i can't wait to get my hands on this game and pop out some ollies, so its all about skate for me, and imo THUG 2 was a very bad game, the last decent TH game was THPS2, yeah thats right am kicking it old school with the ps1
hhcash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 hhcash
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
Definately Proving Ground
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

I am a skater and so apretiate the work that has gone into skate to make it both fun and realistic, i can't wait to get my hands on this game and pop out some ollies, so its all about skate for me, and imo THUG 2 was a very bad game, the last decent TH game was THPS2, yeah thats right am kicking it old school with the ps1nutta27

I also skate, and totally agree the last good Tony Hawk was indeed THPS2. THPS2 was basically all a skater could ask for, real spots, realistic tricks, and fun controls...Skate is like the true next-gen successor to THPS2.

adam-99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 adam-99
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
i go with proving grounds. i really liked project 8 besides te lakc of customization and skate didnt look like anythign too awesome. so i go with proving grounds, as i just repeated.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

SKATE isn't the kind of thing Ilook for in a skateboarding videogame. I would pick Proving Ground.

On a side note THPS and THPS3 are the best Tony Hawk's. THPS2 was lame... sorry.

angus1343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angus1343
Member since 2004 • 4581 Posts
Ive always been a big THPS fan, but Im gonna give Skate a try and pass on proving ground.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

SKATE isn't the kind of thing Ilook for in a skateboarding videogame. I would pick Proving Ground.

On a side note THPS and THPS3 are the best Tony Hawk's. THPS2 was lame... sorry.

Nifty_Shark

lame? in what way was THPS2 lame, especially if you liked THPS, since it was exactly like it, yet it included manuals.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts

i had thps2 on ps1. what an awesome game. now i even have the superior version ( you thought it couldnt get any better) on dreamcast which gamespot actually gave a perfect score for. im going to disagree with a few of you though and say that the best has to be thps4. i like how theres no timer to get things done on the list. just free skate as long as you want, and go talk to people to beat objectives.

i used to skateboard when i was younger and i sucked. im back into it now and getting better. i'd really like to try the realism on skate but i dont have a 360 or ps3:cry:

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Skate is an all around superior game in every way. It has tighter and more precise controls that freshen up the genre. The visuals are gorgeous with different textures on different parts of the environment. The camera is better and focuses on the precision of foot placement on the board. It's the ultimate simulation.

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

Funny i'd just kinda blogged about this. I've played both games and i've taken skate. hands down (I guess its kinda obvious now, lol). The control alone blew me away with skate and made Proving Ground feel "old" and unrealistic. I find pulling off and chaining tricks to feel much more realistic and require more practice and skill than with Proving Ground's control system. I also like skate.'s art style, graphics, and sound and atmosphere much better.

Bravo EA! I was actually unimpressed with Proving Ground after playing this game and I now own it!

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

i'd really like to try the realism on skate but i dont have a 360 or ps3:cry:

SDog624

See if the demo has been loaded onto a store kiosk if you ever get the chance. Definitely give the demo at least if/when you get a PS3 and/or Xbox 360.

Greyhound222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Greyhound222
Member since 2005 • 2899 Posts
Tony's getting a bit stale now,and Skate looks refreshing.
winnerjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 winnerjay
Member since 2003 • 493 Posts
unless you are a huge fan of TH i would say skate hands down. imp TH has gotten very stale.