This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snakpakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Snakpakk
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

Good news!

The forums received some visual updates and one new promo feature,

- Identifying moderators and staff should be easier now, since we added tags under the user name.

- CSS updates (things should be faster and better looking now)

- Recent updates (The forum home page now has a dedicated area for the latest updated board threads)

- User community showcase promo area (dedicated promotional space for user created spotlight, community challenges, etc) Located near the bottom of the forum home page.

Hope you guys enjoy the recent updates and look for more site updates in the near future. Particularly on this thread from someone in the community team.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Glad to see some changes being made. I really hope something was done on you guys end to help minimize the spam mess we have to deal with every morning. That's really the only major thing left that bothers me, aside from the terrible game stacks feature anyway, but I've resigned myself to just foregoing a collection page of any kind at all.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I like the community being acknowledged as the integral part of this place that it is. I hope for more great things.

@Randolph said:

Glad to see some changes being made. I really hope something was done on you guys end to help minimize the spam mess we have to deal with every morning. That's really the only major thing left that bothers me, aside from the terrible game stacks feature anyway, but I've resigned myself to just foregoing a collection page of any kind at all.

I still believe that stacks will be made into something that can be utilized by both casual game owners and collectors alike.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

The site's not slow anymore! Hurrah!

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Randolph

@c_rakestraw: Wasn't slow for me before today, but then you've had pretty awful internet up until recently if I recall correctly. ;)

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'm not liking the username and creation dates under the topics to be honest. Looks much less pleasing to the eye while scrolling through topics. The main Forum page looks better though.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Randolph

@SoNin360 said:

I'm not liking the username and creation dates under the topics to be honest. Looks much less pleasing to the eye while scrolling through topics. The main Forum page looks better though.

Their is some fine tuning to our "deck" on every post that could still be done to make it tidier. The extra space for mod and staff identification is not needed, imo. Back in the day, way back, the small mod tag to the right of the user name, or small G for staff, was plenty. We used to just have a red M beside our names in the green days of the cave man era forums, I liked those. Less is more, as they say.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
@SoNin360 said:

Yep, looks cluttered as hell. At least get rid of the date...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

IT seems the code works better now and doesn't have a default bug to make me go back to the front page even though i am on a forum or subforum. That's good to see. But you still need to fix the threads to go to the last page. that doesn't update frequently enough