tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

I'm really in the mood for a game like Doom 3. I'm hoping some of you can recommend similar games that I haven't played but that's probably not going to be easy. I'm looking for these categories as much as possible... First Person, Shooter, Horror, Futuristic/Sci-Fi, Gory, NOT an arena shooter, released around 2005+ and preferably on PC.

Also, to save time I will mention game series I have already played...

• Prey
  • Quake
  • Rise of the Triad
  • Bioshock
  • System Shock
  • Rage
  • Wolfenstein
  • FEAR
  • Condemned (Excellent Game! Way better than FEAR IMO)
  • Aliens Colonial Marines
  • AvP
  • Killzone
  • Resistance
  • Half Life
  • Metro 2033
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Singularity (LOVED this game!)
  • Bulletstorm (I LOVED this game too!)
  • Crysis

Third Person Games

• Gears of War
  • Dead Space
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

It's not a well like game, but at the time I liked midway's area 51 for gen 6 consoles. It had a horror theme to it and fox mulder from x files. It might not be a good game by today's standards, but it was free on igns fileplanet, so might as well give it a shot if its still up.

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tatman87

@TheShadowLord07:

Thanks! I found it on fileplanet and I'm downloading it now. It does look a bit dated but basically just the type of game i'm looking for.

Just to add, any games suggested doesn't have to be AAA or well received. I'm one of the weirdos who enjoyed "crappy" games like Aliens CM, Alone in the Dark(2008), Resident Evil ORC, Deadly Premonition etc. So if it loosely fits the categories I mentioned above, I'm game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

ok first and foremost - the stalker trilogy. they're hugely atmospheric and some of the finest examples of open world fps survival horror games on the pc.

others - the serious sam games? left for dead? crysis 2 loosely matches your criteria. if you're not averse to third person i'd recommend gears of war (was great on pc and included a whole extra level that the 360 didn't get) or dead space 1 & 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Shadow Warrior.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Singularity comes to mind, Sort of a mixture of Bioshock and Metro 2033

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tatman87

I told you this wouldn't be easy ;) Thanks to all of your suggestions so far. I can't get Area 51 to work, I think it's trying to reach a server that doesn't exist anymore...

@Macutchi said:

ok first and foremost - the stalker trilogy. they're hugely atmospheric and some of the finest examples of open world fps survival horror games on the pc.

others - the serious sam games? left for dead? crysis 2 loosely matches your criteria. if you're not averse to third person i'd recommend gears of war (was great on pc and included a whole extra level that the 360 didn't get) or dead space 1 & 2

I will consider STALKER if I can't find something more linear and "sci-futuristic". As for the rest of the games you mentioned I have already played them.

@Gamerno6666 said:

Shadow Warrior.

Shadow Warrior looks interesting but I will continue to look for something more grittier and dark.

@Treflis said:

Singularity comes to mind, Sort of a mixture of Bioshock and Metro 2033

I have already played and loved Singularity. Thanks for reminding me though...

I will continue to check this topic for a while. If it comes down to it I might just buy Doom3 BFG which has the expansions I've never played, but I was hoping for something new altogether. Thanks to everyone for your help.

rholding2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 rholding2000
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

Dead Space

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion is significantly better than Doom 3. It takes out all the creeping around through jump scares and just sending you through about 6 hours of pretty action-packed Doom... with possibly the best gun in any shooter, the Doom 3 super shotgun, complete with massive bass "BOOM" when you shoot.

I would also highly recommend playing the original games if you already haven't (Ultimate, Hell On Earth and Final) and play it with the "Skulltag" wad launcher, which was created by a studio that also made the incredibly fun game Wrack.

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tatman87

If anyone is interested or someone stumbles on this post in the future, I found a near perfect game that fits the criteria I was looking for...

Dead Effect - http://store.steampowered.com/app/286040/

Probably not a great game by any means but it should scratch the Doom 3 itch I have. Also, it's only $5 US.

tab134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 tab134
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts

both are by the same devoloper but i'll give them shoutouts anyway; the darkness and chronicles of riddick.