SIGN Xrd Guilty Gear , and polygonal games .

This topic is locked from further discussion.

saurus-varta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By saurus-varta
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts

Not Guilty gear if Xrd SIGN, may play a quality close to the flat cartoon animations sprites or bitmaps , or whether it will come to them. For some people , that will be impossible as polygonal graphics , sculpture and sprites would or bitmaps , would pictures. This could also be applied to current 3D animated movies that make animation studios such as Pixar , Dreamwork , or Bluesky , that although they are good, they are not cartoon-like cartoon movies , which used to be made in the United States, as Treasure Planet , beauty and the beast , the Lion King ( Disney ) , the Iron Giant ( Warner ) , Titan A. E. (Fox Animation) , Sinbad , Tarzan or Anastasia ( Dreamwork ) , movies that are no longer made in the USA , and that it is only made ​​in Japan and Korea. In Japan they say, it's because they are not good at working with CGI animations , but they are working on a new animated movie to try again ( Captain Warlock , I think it's called) .

Some time ago , talking I asked a small gaming magazine on- line , on this, the last 02/04/2012me commented that:

"I think it has come a time that increases in resolution are equally challenging for both making games 2D and 3D , because in the same way to support these new resolutions 2D artists will have to strive to avoid failures are noticed , the 3D graphics are also going to have to make that effort . Likewise the graphics of PS One age very bad if you put in a full HD TV , by the same token a game at 720p , which is the current resolution , sing a lot in these new 4320 , which multiplied by 16 current full HD resolutions .

I think the challenge will be for all and that , unfortunately , will make game development " big" is more expensive . In this same generation and costs have increased , and there have been studies (mostly Japanese) who have failed sizing well his art department , producing considerable delays (Final Fantasy XIII ) and a lot of games that have failed to be to match the technical level compared to Western developments , or have been limited by the extra work involving higher resolution graphics ( FF13 too).

Similarly, I'm not sure if that big distinction between 2D and 3D that has existed in recent years will continue. I think more than the techniques used to achieve a particular effect type and the label of " if you use a 3D element , and not a 2D game " could begin to judge if a title is 2D or 3D for the final result , the effect achieved . From this point of view , Street Fighter 2 or Shadow Complex would be 2D games , but this is perhaps speculate too .

What I see is that to deal with these new times will have to impose mandatory techniques to help the realization of graphics trying to get the manual component , pixel by pixel or texture to texture, to reduce as much as possible , in order to produce graphs and animations efficiently to those resolutions. I think the same way as the Motion Capture has helped and improved 3D animations , making them not only better but also more efficient at producing them , there will be new techniques to help the realization of other facets of the art section of a game , increasing productivity of the study : from vector graphics systems to withstand increases resolution without " singing " of where they come up texturing techniques semiautomatic polygon mesh : the artist directs how a given mesh texture , but without going into details. Just as in level editors no longer placed trees unit by unit , but that is "painted " an area with a certain thickness level vegetation .

I also believe that this new space will make these tools become widespread and used in a lot of games, similar to what happened with the Unreal Engine 3 in this generation, but just as I think that will remain games that are out of the norm and that we offer , in those resolutions you mention vertiginous , 2D Graphics lifetime or 3D graphics made ​​with other innovative techniques that try to get out of the usual. That will be a financial success these projects I'm not sure , but someone will dare to do so seeking the favor of the public who want something different I have no doubt . Now this again is ramble and ramble too much because now they are not even regular 1080p games . "

How you see, this subject?

Avatar image for deactivated-584419ec3a052
deactivated-584419ec3a052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-584419ec3a052
Member since 2012 • 333 Posts

I certainly think it would be possible to see other mediums being animated in software such as Unreal Engine 3. There is actually some leaked gameplay on Youtube of Guilty Gear Xrd and while you can tell it's 3D from the movement in intro's and outro's, when they're pulling a still pose it looks just like a drawing. The quality of the uploads isn't that great but it's good enough to make everything out just fine. What I can say is if I were to see an anime being animated in such a way as that, I would be perfectly fine with it. Hell, there have already been some completely 3D anime's being produced. It's good because it would probably save time, especially in terms of the characters models because once they're there, that's it; they don't need to disappear for any of the frames. It would be especially helpful when it comes to moving them in a three dimensional manner such as a leg sweeping clockwise because since the model is consistently the same, the proportions won't be off at any point in the sequence. And the film you were on about is Captain Harlock not Warlock but close enough, and I must say it looks pretty good from the trailers I've seen. Also, I always took a liking to many of Final Fantasy's pre-rendered cutscenes and they were in 3D most of the time. I really like the style that Xrd has taken on. It looks pretty and I would be happy to see it in not only future games, but other forms of entertainment such as movies, cartoons and anime.