Side scrollers for the N64?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mage_7 (1065 posts) -
Was there any good sidescrollers on the N64?
#2 Posted by carstairs (6631 posts) -
Kirby and the Crystal Shards was very enjoyable due to its power-up system, you might want to check that out.
#3 Posted by mugensur (601 posts) -

Wasn't there that Yoshi game...Yoshi's Story or something similar.

And as the above member said, Kirby.

#4 Posted by TonySoprano314 (759 posts) -
Mischief Makers. I can't believe no one mentioned this jem. It's made by Treasure and it is one of the best games on the N64.
#5 Posted by k_smoove (11954 posts) -
Kirby 64 comes out this Monday on VC. :D
#6 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18524 posts) -
I arrived late, so I only get to mention Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero :?
#7 Posted by krunkfu2 (4218 posts) -

Mischief Makers. I can't believe no one mentioned this jem. It's made by Treasure and it is one of the best games on the N64.TonySoprano314

Yea definetly, I alwasy forget the name of this game though

#8 Posted by doubutsuteki (2905 posts) -

Goemon's Great Adventure, still.

#9 Posted by Fredrick2003x (2056 posts) -

lol @ the Mortal Kombat Anthologies mention...

Please don't get that...

#10 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Yoshi's Story. Don't believe the Gamespot reviews on those games, I have no idea what they were thinking.
#11 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27846 posts) -
Fighting Force 64 was a good sidescrolling beat em up if I can remember.
#12 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18524 posts) -

lol @ the Mortal Kombat Anthologies mention...

Please don't get that...

Fredrick2003x

Yeah, that was the bottom of the barrel. Never ever play that game.

#13 Posted by fictionalhippo (1 posts) -
Oh man i know this post is 5 years old but you have just made my life x1000 better. I have been trying so hard to remember the name of this game for years.
#14 Posted by GaussRiemann (183 posts) -

Fighting Force 64 was a good sidescrolling beat em up if I can remember.Yagr_Zero

I wouldn't call it a side-scroller, since it tried to bring the side-scrolling beat'em up-gameplay into the third dimension. It's more like arena fighting.

I've played the Playstation version. The game's not bad, but it's not great, either.

#15 Posted by AtelierFan (1544 posts) -

[QUOTE="TonySoprano314"]Mischief Makers. I can't believe no one mentioned this jem. It's made by Treasure and it is one of the best games on the N64.krunkfu2

Yea definetly, I alwasy forget the name of this game though

+ one more!
#16 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -

Fighting Force 64 was a good sidescrolling beat em up if I can remember.Yagr_Zero
TC means more like side-to-side scrolling and/or platformers, whereas Fighting Force was full 3D where you could go side-to-side, forward and backward. More similar to something like the movement seen in games like Tomb Raider or Resident Evil. This would be in contrast to the more 'side-scrolling' beat-em-ups like Streets of Rage and Final Fight where instead of 'forward and backward' into the environment, you mainly went up and down on the screen.

Somewhat off-topic, but I kinda thought Nintendo meant for the N64 to be their first '3D' system, with Super Mario 64 being the main example of the transition from 2D side-scrolling to 'free roaming' 3D.

Edit:  Wow, did not realize the original post was from 2008...

#17 Posted by curono (7710 posts) -
Mischief Makers. I can't believe no one mentioned this jem. It's made by Treasure and it is one of the best games on the N64.TonySoprano314
SHAKE SHAKE!!! SHAKE SHAKE!