Should the 'Myst' series be re released as first person games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3057 posts) -

Personally I've never played through any of the 'Myst' games, I've only sampled the occasional demo years ago plus I've only watched gameplay videos too..

But for some reason this 'point n click' series has always fascinated me due to the fact that all the 'Myst' titles including 'Riven' (the sequel to Myst) look absolutely stunning. The puzzles look mindbending and the story seems interesting also, especially due to those wonderful looking live action cut scenes.

I would love to see these games re released.. But, unlike most, I think the 'Myst' games would appeal more to this generation if released as first person titles..

Imagine being left alone to discover those magical islands whilst haunting music plays within the background setting the perfect ambiance, creating the ultimate relaxing gaming experience..

Perhaps developed by the individuals who created 'Dear Esther'.

#2 Posted by koospetoors (3242 posts) -
Yes, with lots of shooting. And multiplayer.
#3 Posted by Yoshi9000 (353 posts) -

Yeah, that would be cool. The mix of first person and puzzle solving is great. After loving portal, I would definitely enjoy a Myst first person game. I wish more games would make first person games without being a shooter, because I like the realistic view, but Im getting tired of the usual shooting and killing.

#4 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3057 posts) -

Yeah, that would be cool. The mix of first person and puzzle solving is great. After loving portal, I would definitely enjoy a Myst first person game. I wish more games would make first person games without being a shooter, because I like the realistic view, but Im getting tired of the usual shooting and killing.

Yoshi9000

It sounds as though you would really enjoy "Mirrors Edge".. It's a great title, plus you can play through the campaign without firing a single shot, just like ''Dishonored''

#5 Posted by Yoshi9000 (353 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yoshi9000"]

DecadesOfGaming

It sounds as though you would really enjoy "Mirrors Edge".. It's a great title, plus you can play through the campaign without firing a single shot, just like ''Dishonored''

Yeah, it looks fun to play. I can never seem to find a copy though, but if I do I'll get it.

#7 Posted by scoots9 (3183 posts) -
#8 Posted by loafofgame (266 posts) -

A slow and difficult first person puzzle game without shooting enemy A.I. Hmmm, it sounds very nice, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Maybe as an indie title... That or we need some kind of David Cage of puzzle games...

#9 Posted by The4thVIII (372 posts) -

Personally I've never played through any of the 'Myst' games, I've only sampled the occasional demo years ago plus I've only watched gameplay videos too..

But for some reason this 'point n click' series has always fascinated me due to the fact that all the 'Myst' titles including 'Riven' (the sequel to Myst) look absolutely stunning. The puzzles look mindbending and the story seems interesting also, especially due to those wonderful looking live action cut scenes.

I would love to see these games re released.. But, unlike most, I think the 'Myst' games would appeal more to this generation if released as first person titles..

Imagine being left alone to discover those magical islands whilst haunting music plays within the background setting the perfect ambiance, creating the ultimate relaxing gaming experience..

Perhaps developed by the individuals who created 'Dear Esther'.

Myst IS a First Person tile. WTF are you talking about?

#10 Edited by lozengez (509 posts) -

Yes, with lots of shooting. And multiplayer.

Agreed. Myst would be better with a shot gun, sniper rifle and ATV. Like most games actually.

#11 Posted by Sword-Demon (6599 posts) -

like realmyst?

I would like that treatment for the rest of the sereis

#12 Posted by Randolph (10144 posts) -

I'd like to see a full living breathing Myst, possibly with optional Kinect controls.

#13 Posted by danten81 (129 posts) -

No, but Bioshock Infinite should be re-released as a pnc adventure.

#14 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -

Myst IS a First Person tile. WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, I have no idea what this conversation is about. I don't know if they want Myst to have a controllable camera in the sense of not screen-by-screen advancement, or something else.