Should I sell my Wii U and its games for a PS4

Nick_Croskery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should I sell my Wii U and its games for a PS4 (41 votes)

Yes 34%
No 34%
I would not recommend it 32%

I've never really been a huge fan of Nintendo, for Christmas I asked for a PS4 and got a Wii U. I feel extremely bad because it is just sitting there collecting dust. I still need to talk to my Dad about this but for now I'm asking you. The games that I'm selling with it would be, ZombiU, Walking Dead Survival Instincts, Super SmashBros for Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, and the legend of Zelda: Windwaker. Thanks for helping me out :)

• 
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

do you really not like those games? you will never get fair value if you traded those things in store to gamestop and will have to do a little bit more work for ebay/ craigs list.

as of right now, ps4 isnt a MUST BUY. after arkham knight would be a perfect time to buy a ps4. it gives you time to save up money and enjoy your wii u.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

If you have 0 interest in the console and games then attempt to sell it on craiglist, if not just trade it in. Depends on your cash flow.

I personally just trade systems or games i dont want to gamestop. The time and effort of me trying to sell something is not worth it to me personally, again just matters how much cash you have to throw away.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Trading in a console with games for one without them,eh.

Lozozozozoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 Lozozozozoz
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

I wouldn't recommend it, but it entirely depends on how much you like the games and the console. If you really never go on it then sure, sell it - but if it were me I wouldn't.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

What are you expecting to play on the PS4?

The best consoles to own right now are the PS3/360/Wii U (for it's ability to play Wii games, and with a little work, even Gamecube games).

The Xbox One and PS4 aren't worth the cost yet.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're that bored with those games then do what you want. Keep in mind that even if you trade in everything you just named you still might not cover the PS4 without turning over some cash.

Personally, I haven't touched my PS4 in weeks but I've been playing Hyrule Warriors almost daily. But not everybody has the same tastes in gaming.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

No.- 1 ----> "I've never really been a huge fan of Nintendo"

No.- 2 ----> "it is just sitting there collecting dust"

2 very powerful reasons to sell your system and get one you do plan to use and enjoy whichever that system is, you want a PS4 ? go for it ! you want a X1 ? go for it !

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

always thought selling consoles was dumb.. just save your money for a PS4.. Zelda is worth keeping your Wii U for.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@raugutcon said:

2 very powerful reasons to sell your system and get one you do plan to use and enjoy whichever that system is, you want a PS4 ? go for it ! you want a X1 ? go for it !

^this. The value is in the eye of the beholder. Snarky stuff about PS4 "not having games" doesn't make it true. Wii U has the strongest exclusive lineup at the moment (being that its lineup is essentially all exclusives), but if they don't float your boat and you're willing to "sink to the level" of playing multiplats (gasp!) then either the PS4 or X1 might be more to your taste. Personally, I think the Wii U is great and underrated. But if it doesn't float your boat then it doesn't float your boat. Why waste time/money/storage on a system you don't enjoy? Games have zero point except to entertain.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I wouldn't. There's quite a few games that I really enjoy on it such as:

• The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

I still want to get New Super Mario Bros. Wii U and New Super Luigi Bros. Wii U.

Then there's the upcoming games like:

• The Legend of Zelda Wii U
  • Starfox Wii U
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Kirby Rainbow

Hopefully we'll also see a Wii U version of Monster Hunter 4, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing.

I find the Wii U to be the perfect companion console for my Xbox One.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

• The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Kart 8

I still want to get New Super Mario Bros. Wii U and New Super Luigi Bros. Wii U.

• Starfox Wii U
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Kirby Rainbow

Hopefully we'll also see a Wii U version of Monster Hunter 4, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing.

You said it ---> " there´s quite a few games that I really enjoy"

Putting emphasis on the "I"

That means you, not him. If Nintendo ain´t his poison then it ain´t his poison.

Personally I wouldn´t sell my moded Wii for anything in this world, personally I wouldn´t purchase a WiiU for anything in this world.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@raugutcon said:

@Archangel3371 said:

• The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Kart 8

• Starfox Wii U
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Kirby Rainbow

You said it ---> " there´s quite a few games that I really enjoy"

Putting emphasis on the "I"

That means you, not him. If Nintendo ain´t his poison then it ain´t his poison.

Personally I wouldn´t sell my moded Wii for anything in this world, personally I wouldn´t purchase a WiiU for anything in this world.

Never said that he had to like them. I said "I liked" specifically for a reason which was to point out how I felt about them and not say that they were games that he should like. My entire reply was clearly opinion based and something more posters would do well to emulate. If something in my response catches his interest then I would hope that he looks more into it.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

There can be as many fine ass Nintendo games for the WiiU as you want, if the TC isn't a fan, he just ain't a fan.

Yeah, I'd do it if I were you, just don't expect to make all the money you need for the ps4 just from selling the WiiU.

Nick_Croskery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nick_Croskery
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, although at the moment the pole is leaning towards no, I am going to talk to my dad about it tomorrow. Like I said, it was a Christmas present and I do feel really bad, I'll update soon just for the people who care :)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

As someone who owns all three consoles, I'd say no don't do it. Quality PS4 exclusives are few and far between right now, and there really aren't many good third party games either atm.

I play my 3DS, Wii U and PS3 the most right now while my PS4 and Xbox One just sit there looking pretty.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@nick_croskery

I think this might be a clear setup but ill bite.

Considering that all rumors and even some official Nintendo statements point towards a new nintendo console within the next year i would say yes , once the cat is let out of the bag either at E3 or a Nintendo press-event, the price will drop like a stone for used WiiU´s.

So strike while the iron is hot.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

There's not going to be a new Nintendo console announced at E3 this year, so that's just flat out bad advice. If anything (which I highly doubt) it'll be a new handheld reveal.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@Bigboi500 said:

There's not going to be a new Nintendo console announced at E3 this year, so that's just flat out bad advice. If anything (which I highly doubt) it'll be a new handheld reveal.

When even Miyamoto confirms it and they are rumors reserving the next big mario games for the next console, its a good bet that they are not just on the drawing board with a new model.

And we are not just talking handheld.

But E3 might be too soon but you can bet that by the end of the year we will have seen more to this "console".

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Yes and the first game you should buy is Dying Light enjoy.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

If you wanted a Ps4 and got a WiiU sell it for sure.

If I got a Ps4 and wanted a Wii U I would sell the Ps4 in a second to get my Xenoblade X. This is a silly question. SELL DAT WII U for what you actually wanted!

Nick_Croskery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nick_Croskery

@jdc6305: Number 1 on my list :D

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Wii u has a lot of awesome fun games, but if you really want the PS4 go for it..

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Catalli  Moderator

@Jacanuk: It's a given they're already planning the next Nintendo console, but where did you get the "within the next year" bs?

Nick_Croskery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nick_Croskery

Everyone who cares, I talked to my dad. He said yes, by the end if next month I should have a PS4

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

If you don't like those games and you have no interest neither in the console nor in Nintendo stuff, and you were expecting a PS4..

Then why should you keep it? Simple as that. However if I were you, I'd take the chance and give it a try as I save some money for PS4. Then, just sell it or trade it..

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I personally love the console, but if you don't have any interest in the games, I would sell it. PS4 is a good console too and is also easy for me to recommend. Especially with 2015 looking really nice with Bloodborne and The Order right around the corner.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I'm not sure why there's still people saying the ps4 has no games. Shadow of mordor and dragon age inquisition are two of the best games of last year. Plus there's loads more.

If you can only have 1 console then I would definitely trade in the wiiU for a ps4. Do you really want to be stuck playing kirbys rainbow curse or yoshis wooly world, when all the ps4 owners are playing MGSV and uncharted 4?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk

@ianhh6 said:

@Jacanuk: It's a given they're already planning the next Nintendo console, but where did you get the "within the next year" bs?

Its a qualified guess based on the fact that Miyamoto himself have been out confirming a new console. But you can take or leave it and you can even bookmark this thread so 31st dec 2015 you can pull it up if you are right and gloat.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@ianhh6 said:

Its a qualified guess based on the fact that Miyamoto himself have been out confirming a new console. But you can take or leave it and you can even bookmark this thread so 31st dec 2015 you can pull it up if you are right and gloat.

Things is that this isn't a qualified guess, because it is baseless. Miyamoto might have alluded to the next Nintendo console, but in no way does it mean it's being announced in the next 11 months.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Catalli  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

@ianhh6 said:

Hey, if you're right good for you, but with what little knowledge we have, if you're right, it'll be a complete fluke :P

Wolfie7732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wolfie7732

@raugutcon said:

Just what I was about to say. If you don't like Nintendo, why get it? lol.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ianhh6 said:

Things is that this isn't a qualified guess, because it is baseless. Miyamoto might have alluded to the next Nintendo console, but in no way does it mean it's being announced in the next 11 months.

Well, as i said you can take it or leave it.

But its worth noting that Nintendo is usually pretty quiet like most around new consoles so Miyamoto coming out and confirming it and there is talk about a mario game being held back, its pretty obvious that we are not talking 5 years in the future, we are probably no more than 1-2 years away so it would make sense to return to E3 this year particular when neither Sony or Microsoft have anything big on the table.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Catalli  Moderator

@Jacanuk: My guess was sometime in 2017. I hadn't heard about that Mario game though... you never know til you know I guess :O

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

@ianhh6 said:

@Jacanuk: My guess was sometime in 2017. I hadn't heard about that Mario game though... you never know til you know I guess :O

2017 or late 2016 would make sense, they can't afford to wait too long because it will give sony and microsoft time to line up more exclusives and sell more consoles. Both are almost double WiiU´s life sales so the new Nintendo console have a mountain to climb.

So this E3 might be too soon, but yes we will see

A interesting story

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/01/29/the-wii-u-is-nintendos-slowest-selling-console-ever/

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

If you don't like Nintendo games and really gave them a chance, then yeah sell it. They vary in genre/style though so it's kinda odd if you can't get enjoyment out of any of them. You really don't like Smash, Hyrule Warriors, or Wind Waker? Because being preowned you might not get enough for a PS4.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Yes for dying light the order 1886 bloodborne project cars

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#37 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Iwata confirmed alot more games are coming to wiiu so I very highly doubt that a new console is coming out soon and about used prices funny on Craigslist I've seen people selling ps4 for 150. And Xbox ones for 180 point is. It's advised not to sell. Why?

Because 1 you won't even get near 240 for all that at Gamestop ! Craigslist you may vary will but how long would it take

2 what if a game does come out you want but you sold your wiiu you'd have to buy another one!

Refresh220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Refresh220
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

I don't have a Wii U, but I think you should try some other games on it before you sell it. And besides, Its not like the PS4 really has that many good games on it right now. (Don't have one but just saying.)