Should I get Prince of Persia : the forgotten sands ?

#1 Posted by kingcrimson24 (456 posts) -

I was a big fan of the series . "Warrior Within " & " Two Thrones " were my favorite games on PS2 .

but I heard Forgotten sands isn't quite as good as them , should I give it a try ?

does it have the same Hard gameplay and Puzzles and the amazing Art style ?

#2 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

It's short and easy, but it's fun and has the cool prince from Sands of Time in it, plus it's 5 bucks everywhere, so yeah: get it.

By the way, did you see they have announced a new Prince of Persia?

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Prince Of Persia was Never Hard. The Only time I broke a sweat was when I fought the Dahaka in WW and The Visier in T2T.

As for Forgotten Sands, it starts slow and easy...... So I stopped playing it. :p.

Never Found out if it got more challenging afterwards.

#4 Posted by SovietsUnited (1899 posts) -

It's short and easy, but it's fun and has the cool prince from Sands of Time in it, plus it's 5 bucks everywhere, so yeah: get it.

Seriously? When have they done that?
If that's true I'm psyched already

#5 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

That's great news. I've always loved the concept of the time rewind and acrobatics that the Prince of Persia offers. It has been too long.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@ SovietsUnited + bowchicka07

Theres a catch. Word on the street is it might be a 2D POP game.

#7 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

Get it. It's fun and lives upto the name of the series (although it lacks at some places like visuals, environments etc).

#8 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -
#9 Edited by Metamania (11971 posts) -

I can back this up; I've played the campaign several times, to get all the achievements, and it's a fun ride. I love the platforming aspect of it, just thinking about how to go from point A to point B. It gets harder and harder as you go, but it's not that really challenging.

IMO, the weakest part of the game has to do with combat, which is dull and unfulfilling. You just hop over enemies and strike them every now and then with your sword or the magical abilities you get, such as freezing them. Nothing to it, really. Other than that, it's a decent game worth checking out.

#10 Posted by kingcrimson24 (456 posts) -

thanks everyone . I'll get it then .

#11 Posted by elkoldo (1009 posts) -

It can't be expensive now , so why not ?

#12 Posted by Minishdriveby (9734 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

That's great news. I've always loved the concept of the time rewind and acrobatics that the Prince of Persia offers. It has been too long.

The time mechanic is only specific to the Sands of Time Saga.

#13 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

@bowchicka07 said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Doesn't mean they wont reincorporate it.

#14 Posted by Minishdriveby (9734 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

@bowchicka07 said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Doesn't mean they wont reincorporate it.

I'm just saying the other games in the series outside of the Sands of Time Saga haven't used this mechanic. If the new game uses the Rayman Ubiart engine which it is rumored to, then the game will probably play like the older games in the series, Prince of Peria and Prince of Persia 2, or like Outland which had a very Prince of Persia meets Ikaruga vibe.

#15 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

Its shit compared to those on ps2

#16 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

@blamix said:

Its shit compared to those on ps2

In some instances, yes, but it's still a fun game to play. I never played Warrior Within and played a little bit of the last one, but The Sands Of Time was ridiculously fun.

#17 Posted by ed_woody (18 posts) -

It was quite easy to work through and rather short - but I would recommended it, it was fun!

#18 Edited by Behardy24 (3053 posts) -

Yes.

#19 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Is the update/remake of sands of time? I loved the original sands of time but did not care for the sequels so I stopped keeping up.

#20 Posted by Shmiity (5038 posts) -

It's a 6$ game. There is no reason not to try a game that is such little money.

#21 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16672 posts) -

I really liked the version of Forgotten Sands on the Wii. It wasn't perfect, but when it got good, creating your own platforming tools was a rush that few games have ever matched. If you can find it for cheap (which you should be able to) then there's no reason not to get it.

#22 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

It's OK but not on level with Warrior Within. Still a decent game, my problem was it felt like they really wanted to make the combat like God of War but didn't have the time to do so and it just felt really plain and boring (not that the other games had great combat but it seemed to fit more in those games). The platforming isn't bad and towards the end gets really good. I'd say it's worth a play through, just don't expect it to be as good as the Sands trilogy on the PS2.