Should I get Diablo III for X1 os ps4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

No, PC is not an option.

I heard ps4 has worse frame rate, but better resolution than xbox one.

Thoughts?

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@dhmatt90 said:

No, PC is not an option.

Thoughts?

PS4 version just has some hiccups here and there when it comes to framerate, but it's not too bad.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

The PS4 version exclusively features the infected types from The Last of Us (clickers,runners,bloaters,etc.). Not a big deal at all, but it is there if you want it.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

@dhmatt90: Neither, D3 is disgraceful and proof that Blizzard is a shadow of what is used to be during its great height of the Diablo 2/Warcraft 3 era...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I guess it could also depend on how many people on your friends list are getting it as well. I only have an Xbox One so that makes my decision easy. I loved Diablo III on the 360 and can't wait to pick up UEE tomorrow, it's going to be awesome.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I dont think they will differ from each other

@behardy24 said:

The PS4 version exclusively features the infected types from The Last of Us (clickers,runners,bloaters,etc.). Not a big deal at all, but it is there if you want it.

wow thats a cool idea

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I guess it could also depend on how many people on your friends list are getting it as well. I only have an Xbox One so that makes my decision easy. I loved Diablo III on the 360 and can't wait to pick up UEE tomorrow, it's going to be awesome.

On the Xbox one I don't have any friends lol And I don't think any of my friends on the ps4 is getting it. I do play more on the ps4 though, so I'll probably end up going for that one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371

@dhmatt90 said:

@Archangel3371 said:

On the Xbox one I don't have any friends lol And I don't think any of my friends on the ps4 is getting it. I do play more on the ps4 though, so I'll probably end up going for that one.

Oh ok. Well getting it on the system you play the most is also a good way to go as well.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@dhmatt90 said:

No, PC is not an option.

Thoughts?

PS4 version just has some hiccups here and there when it comes to framerate, but it's not too bad.

That's already been reportedly fixed.

It was a bug blizzard created with an update issue and corrected it. This cross gen PCPS360 game is old and the Xbone/PS4 can run circles around this game.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

eh all mmos getting stale finally got over them

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Archangel3371

@notorious1234na said:

eh all mmos getting stale finally got over them

Diablo III isn't an MMO though.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Archangel3371: labels, at its heart it is an MMO wannabe I mean it initially started out as one in early stages.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371

@notorious1234na said:

@Archangel3371: labels, at its heart it is an MMO wannabe I mean it initially started out as one in early stages.

No I really don't think so.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@trollop_scat said:

@dhmatt90: Neither, D3 is disgraceful and proof that Blizzard is a shadow of what is used to be during its great height of the Diablo 2/Warcraft 3 era...

Why?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I am thinking ps4 myself. I already have 2 ps4 controllers and only 1 xbox. I wanna play some coop so it would cost me another 60 on X1 right off the bat.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'll be getting it for the PS4 when the price comes down some (I don't own an Xbone yet). There's no way I am paying an additional $20 for the PS4 version. I'll just keep playing the original D3 on my 360 for now.

Back on topic, I would imagine both editions will be basically the same. If you want to play single or couch co-op either one should work. If you want to play online co-op get it on which ever system you have the most friends who are likely to buy the game.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

i love it when people say you don't need to preorder games anymore. As of 2pm today this game was impossible to find in my area (and it's a high traffic, urban area) unless you had a preorder. Checking the store inventories online, I'd have to go at least 100 miles to find one. This is why I continue to preorder even high profile game releases. I could buy it digitally, but digital ownership does not afford the same rights as physical ownership, so I tend to just wait when I have the choice (which I usually don't on PC).

Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

I bought the PS4 version today, and I passed the part where you fight the Skeleton King. I have not encountered one slowdown, at all, but that is probably because I downloaded the Day 1 patch after installing the game on my PS4. The graphics are definitely on par with the PC version, I think, with all the settings on high. The graphic just look incredible. I heard that there will be some exclusive enemies in the PS4 version, like the enemies from "The Last of Us."

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

BRAND NEWS ARTICLE POSTED TODAY:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-xbox-one-1080p-patch-performance-analysis

"we now see frame-rates drop from the locked 60fps seen at 900p to the low 50s"

"But for a game of Diablo 3's action-focused design - and having played both iterations - we would probably take the locked 60fps at 900p over the less consistent 1080p, given the choice."

I posted about D3 in another D3 GS thread so I'll just re-use that post from a few hours ago today:

----

Diablo 3 is an old cross gen game on PCPS360. It's not really taking full advantage of the PS4/Xbone.

"In short, while Blizzard closes the gap between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in terms of image quality, there are now performance issues that creep in at the game's extremes while at 1080p. They're not game-breaking, and many players may not even notice - but it's clear that a 44 per cent boost to resolution doesn't come for free: in the same scenarios, the 900p version proved smoother.

All of which opens up an interesting debate on frame-rate versus pixel-count. Hight's comments at Gamescom last week, along with reports that Microsoft sent engineers to Bungie to aid in pushing Destiny to 1080p, suggest that the platform holder is keen on reducing resolution differences in multi-platform games where possible. But if frame-rate takes a hit as a consequence, is this necessarily the best course of action?"

"Diablo 3 running at 900p on Xbox One may not boast the same, granular level of sharpness as its PS4 counterpart, but the difference is very subtle. It's a difficult one to call given that the patched Xbox One frame-rate dips don't make Diablo 3 any less enjoyable either. But for a game of Diablo 3's action-focused design - and having played both iterations - we would probably take the locked 60fps at 900p over the less consistent 1080p, given the choice."

It sounds like while Blizzard got the 1080p up on Xbone, they made sacrifices in other areas to achieve the goal on Xbone, but it's very slight and negligible as this is an old ported game. Still, getting the resolution up is not free as most of us should know. It's going to impact performance in other ways.

As I've said countless times before, I'm far more interested in true next gen only titles that PUSH the graphic envelop like Batman Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, GeoW4, Uncharted 4, The Order, and Halo 5 for instance.

Those future next gen only game breakdowns will be more interesting to read than looking at old, cross gen ported games like Diablo 3, Destiny, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Horizons, Watch Dogs, Metro Redux, etc.

@Helghast_Merc said:

I bought the PS4 version today, and I passed the part where you fight the Skeleton King. I have not encountered one slowdown, at all, but that is probably because I downloaded the Day 1 patch after installing the game on my PS4. The graphics are definitely on par with the PC version, I think, with all the settings on high. The graphic just look incredible. I heard that there will be some exclusive enemies in the PS4 version, like the enemies from "The Last of Us."

Yes, the Xbone version has some issues in achieving the 1080p but it's very minor according to the latest news. It's not surprising considering the PS4 is more powerful and this is an old cross gen PCPS360 game.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

I bought it for my xbox one, and runs smoothly and havent had any problems with it. Either way there both exactly the same, however perhaps buy it on the system where most your friends play, because the coop is really good!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

i love it when people say you don't need to preorder games anymore. As of 2pm today this game was impossible to find in my area (and it's a high traffic, urban area) unless you had a preorder. Checking the store inventories online, I'd have to go at least 100 miles to find one. This is why I continue to preorder even high profile game releases. I could buy it digitally, but digital ownership does not afford the same rights as physical ownership, so I tend to just wait when I have the choice (which I usually don't on PC).

You could just order the game on Amazon instead of running around town or calling every local store. That's what I just did.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#23 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

@trollop_scat said:

Easy now...

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Ish_basic said:

You could just order the game on Amazon instead of running around town or calling every local store. That's what I just did.

I never planned on getting it. I've had it on PC since it launched, but there is so little out there right now and I had some friends getting it, so I figured I might just join them as something to do until Destiny comes out. No luck. Anyway, the impulse has passed. Pretty sure PoE is getting a content update this week, so I'll probably just stick with that. It's a better game overall, anyway.

Swiftbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Swiftbane
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

well the ps4 version still has frame hiccups, you could be alone an you will see a stutter for like a half a second, it takes away from the smooth 60fps. the game plays excellent but it sucks to see those little blips every now an then I hope they optimize it a little more. maybe its asset loading an it needs to be there, wondering what you guys think .

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@dhmatt90: PS4 all the way.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I guess I've had bad luck.

I got it on the PS4, and fighting my way through the tombs to the skeleton king was a jittery, stuttering mess. Not occasional either, but every few seconds. It was nothing that made it unplayable but it was really bad. I tried looking to see if others online had any trouble and haven't found one post on any forum anywhere mention it, so I wonder if it's my system. It did an update with a patch but it didn't help.

I remember the PS3 version running much smoother. Strangely, I'm now in the Fields of Misery+ and the slowdown has disappeared. I only happened with the Skeleton King's area. We'll see if it happens again with another character.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@dhmatt90 said:

No, PC is not an option.

Thoughts?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-ultimate-evil-face-off

You've got it backwards, X1 has the FPS dips, PS4 has the more solid FPS. Both are at 1080p

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MirkoS77

Damn. Either my system is on the out, or this version is atrocious. It stutters incessantly at parts and I don't remember it being anywhere nearly as bad on PS3. I'm fighting goatman and trees, and the game cannot maintain any degree of consistency or smoothness for more than a few seconds at a time.

Why are people saying it's smooth? This is a mess of a game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Get it for the console you own, duh !

If you own both consoles then I don't know, its a pretty shitty game only redeemed by its co-op, just pick a platform and move on.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bigboi500

@MirkoS77: Your PS4 is fucked. The game is as smooth as butter.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MirkoS77

@Bigboi500 said:

All other games run like butter though. I'm still under warranty, but I doubt Sony would do anything.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bigboi500

@MirkoS77 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

All other games run like butter though. I'm still under warranty, but I doubt Sony would do anything.

If you bought it at Wal Mart and it's been less than a month, you can exchange it for another PS4. If you bought it from GameStop, you're screwed once you open the package.

If it's been less than three months you can purchase the best warranty online for like $40-$50 that'll cover you for three years.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MirkoS77

@Bigboi500 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

If you bought it at Wal Mart and it's been less than a month, you can exchange it for another PS4. If you bought it from GameStop, you're screwed once you open the package.

If it's been less than three months you can purchase the best warranty online for like $40-$50 that'll cover you for three years.

I bought an extended (two year) warranty through GS, but still am covered through Sony until Nov.

I just looked up "games stuttering on PS4" and stumbled on something interesting: Sony has used two different types of HDDs in their PS4s....one from Seagate and the other from HGST. Apparently, the HGST is very cheap and is known to cause stuttering. The game's in no way unplayable, sound's not skipping, control isn't affected, but it is far from smooth and is extremely noticeable and annoying to the point of detracting from the fun. It looks exactly like shitty and inefficient reading off the HDD, or a poor install. TLoU runs silk smooth though, as do all other games I've tried (that being, Thief 4).

I'm going to call GS and see if this is covered under my plan, because if this is affecting games, as far as I'm concerned that fits under the definition of defective.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

If you don't have a PC sure get it on either.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MirkoS77

What the hell are these red demons that appear out of nowhere after a series of moanings and kill me in 3-4 hits? They're always unbeatable no matter how powerful I am. What's this supposed be, and is it supposed to be fun or require skill somehow? I'm on hard. This is interfering with gameplay.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

No.

It's a cooperative loot based game like Borderlands.