Should I get a PS3 or PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Zijuun

Poll Should I get a PS3 or PS4? (25 votes)

Playstation 3 48%
Playstation 4 32%
Forget it all and buy a WiiU or 3DS XL! ~lolol~ 20%

So I've never owned a Playstation before but I've played it at friends houses multiple times and I've enjoyed it. My dad has promised me a Ps3 or Ps4 if I get As and Bs on my report card.

Which one should I get for now that'll last me 3 years? Next gen. looks good to me, but I hear a lot of bugs are on BF4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall gameplay is last generation so I'm not getting it. And Ghosts looks like a rehash that's trying to be Battlefield.

With all that money spent on next gen., I could use it to buy a lot of games tons of games on last gen. and catch up on classics. I plan on buying next gen. for sure no matter what as for when I move out of my house(in case I get a Ps3).

• 
Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zijuun
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

(If I get the Ps4) Next gen.

Battlefield 4

Destiny

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Infamous Second Son

(If I get the ps3) Current gen.

Battlefield 3

COD 4: Modern Warfare/Modern Warfare 2/Black Ops

Far Cry 3

Assassin's Creed 2

GTA V

Batman Arkham City

Uncharted 3

Infamous 2

Hitman Absolution/MGS/Last of Us

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Get a PS3, there a zillion must play exclusives

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zijuun

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Gget a PS3, there a zillion must play exclusives

Thank you man, that’s what I think too. Ps4 games seem to be 60 $ bucks each.. For last gen. gameplay mechanics (but next gen. graphics). Greatness delayed.. Not worth it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@zijuun: Pretty much. Next gen can definitely wait when you still have a wealth of games to play from last gen.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zijuun

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@zijuun: Pretty much. Next gen can definitely wait when you still have a wealth of games to play from last gen.

Exactly, thanks for posting!

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

ps3 has a ton of reallly great exclusives on it that you can find cheap now. Heavy rain, uncharted 1-3, infamous 1 and 2, little big planet 1 and 2, valykria chronicles, journey collectors edition, metal gear solid legacy collection and metal gear solid 4 gets you all the games plus some, demons souls, 3d dot game heroes, gran turismo and a lot of others. Then you have the HD collections of great sony franchises for cheap like sly cooper, god of war, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter and others.

Or you could simply buy a ps3and get PS+. PS+ will give you18 more games right off the bat and 5 new ones a month for like 50 bucks. Then you can save up for a ps4 in 6 months for when more games come out and current games have gotten cheaper.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By locus-solus  Online
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

ps3 has a excellent library and like you said the games are a lot cheaper

exclusive games to look at

• God of War Saga Collection
  • Infamous Collection
  • Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
  • Demon's Souls
  • Uncharted Trilogy

cross-platform games to look at

• Okami HD
  • Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition
  • Bayonetta
  • Dark Souls
  • Bioshock Trilogy
KevinXYpokemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KevinXYpokemon
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

yeah,buddy don't miss the exclusive games in PS3 before you buy PS4.

athrun07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 athrun07
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Fully recommend a ps3 for now. Next gen still do not have strong titles yet. Besides it's affordable nowadays.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

yeah the ps3 will do for now.. and get a ps4 in 6-12 months time

moix123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 moix123
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

get ps4 if you ask me, Look for future, how long will you going to own this ps4? i guess not for months.

So ps4.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

I envy you. Having the vast array of PS3 exclusives ahead of you. It's an easy decision IMO. 1) Get the next gen console and have to wait for the games you want to play or 2) get last gen and have a list of amazing, gen defining games out there just waiting for you.

Go grab yourself: TLOU, Uncharted 1-3, Heavy Rain & Beyond, GOW 3, Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Folklore (if you can find it), Resistance 1-3, Puppeteer, LBP1 & 2, Infamous 1 & 2, Heavenly Sword, Ico & Shadow of the colossus Collection, Journey and Ni No Kuni... and thank me later.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

depends on what you really want out of the system. PS3 has a lot of exclusives and games will get cheaper for it and you can have it for a while because they will continue making games for the PS3 for some years. If you want something more futuristic get the PS4, there will be loads of games on there eventually and will last for the next 8-10 years

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 33

#14  Edited By special-ops
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

I have the PS3 in my room and now I might buy this month PS4.I still miss playing ps2 when I was a kid.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#15 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

It might be preferable to get a PS3 first if you don't have one yet. On the other hand--as a neo PS4 owner can tell--there are many more games available (for free) for PS4 right now as show up in your list, e.g., Warframe, Blacklight Retribution, or DC Universe online, whereas other ones are going to be ported or extended from PS3 to PS4 later on. This might apply above all to Sony's own franchises; if you take the PS Vita as an example, there are not only the newly released games available for download, but also many older titles ranging from PSOne to PS Mobile, including PSP ports and PS3 cross play games (in total more than 600 games). It being Sony I guess it will be similar for PS4.

Btw, I found Killzone SF really great (never mind the reviews) and the BF4 server have been stabilized lately, so don't worry, it won't be a bad investment ;)

Parado_xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16  Edited By Parado_xx
Member since 2011 • 111 Posts

If i were you, I probably would have bought a PS3 now, considering it's cheaper and the size of the game collection (especially considering the exclusives). There are also games still being released for it, for instance Dark Souls II, which at least for me is an instant buy.

If you do so, and if you have the money, you could wait for the price to drop on the PS4 as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-59cda6205cc59
deactivated-59cda6205cc59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 deactivated-59cda6205cc59
Member since 2012 • 122 Posts

The PS3 exclusives are beyond awesome, but to tell you the truth, after playing Killzone Shadow Fall and especially Knack, which is a game you shouldn't miss, by the way - nevermind the reviews, I couldn't play last gen anymore.Textures & graphics are SO much better and the controller itself is miles better.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#18 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Start with a PS3 because its library is already established. If you have a choice between physical and digital format, get physical because the PS3 PSN servers may not stay online forever. Also, buy a slim model because that has better parts than the original versions of that console. PS+ is worth is $49.99 a year.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Tough call , but I'd say PS3 ..... but play Uncharted 1+2 and inFAMOUS 1 before the sequels , as well as God of War Collection , Shadow of the Colossus , etc. Maybe just get PS+ too because it has Uncharted 3 and SotC on there now (and Borderlads 2 just came on it).

If you do get a PS4 instead , KILLZONE SHADOW FALL is a must if you like multiplayer. It's pretty great imo and it's all I can think about. It's crack. - great weapons , no aim assist , cool abilities , great graphics , cool maps , teamwork is pretty important , challenges , accolades.

sepatunike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sepatunike
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@blamix99: yes i am agree with you, just enjoy PS3 first after moving too PS4 next year :D

touchscreenpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 touchscreenpad
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

I say you go for PS3. Some games require prequels for you to understand it.

moix123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moix123
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

what games do you wanna play? if these games are available in ps4, go for ps4.

Go for list of upcoming ps4 games. if you thing they are better again go for ps4 :p

msulcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By msulcs
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

Do what I did 2 months ago. Buy PS3. Play all these awesome games (I have 80+ in my must play list), and after ~2 years buy a PS4 when there will be enough new interesting content.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#24 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Besides, we don't know how PS4 and Gaikai will work

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@sepatunike said:

@blamix99: yes i am agree with you, just enjoy PS3 first after moving too PS4 next year :D

yeahh my plan exactly to get a ps4 is when The Order 1886 or MGSV is out.. but my wife bought me one for christmas =)