Shenmue 3 needs our help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonorous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sonorous
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

I did a search and didn't find any threads regarding the Shenmue 3 kickstartercampaign, please erase this one if it already exists another shenmue 3 thread. I have never played a Shenmuegame before but i acknowledge the greatness in this historical event. Shenmue 3 is finally here! The fans are going crazy and the Shenmuecommunity is doing everything to help spread the word.

At the moment the campaign is struggleing a bit and i thought that this thread could be a good place to spread enthusiasm! Head over to the kickstarter campaign and pledge your support

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

They hurt themselves by announcing the Kickstarter campaign at E3. They should have announced the Kickstarter a month before E3 before letting people know of the deal between them and Sony. Most people assumed that Sony would fully invest in the game and didn't think they need to support the game. Also, the way they handled the pledging is wrong.

Regardless, the game has made 3.6 million so far and 22 days remain. Shenmue 3's Kickstarter campaign will easily end with 4-6 million.

Anyways, can't wait for Shenmue 3. Can't believe it's been 14 years of waiting! :D

Sonorous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sonorous
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

Yeah you're right there are so many things they could have done better. I really hope that they'll manage to get all the funds they need to create the best possible game. The latest update from Yu Suzuki is a really honest explanation of the funding situation though. I like it, it breathes transperancy that this kickstarter campaign so desperately needs.

Looking forward to lock myself up and play Shenmue 1, 2 and 3 when this game finally releases. :D

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I already contribute to Shenmue 3's kickstarter.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I pledged $100. May up it in a bit, but that's all I can really afford. Hopefully it'll pick up the pace.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I want Shenmue 3 to happen as much as anyone else, but we already have several of these threads and direct advertising of a Kickstarter is explicitly against our Code of Conduct. Locking.

-Byshop