Seriously, too many FPS these days

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Guyper
Member since 2004 • 3879 Posts

When I first saw TIMESHIFT, I thought the concept was a cool idea but why wasn't I surprised that it was another FPS.

Is it more challenging for game creators to turn a shooting game into 3rd person perspective or does an FPS simply have more chance to sell like hot cakes?

When the 1st Max Payne game was announced that it wouldn't be an FPS, everyone was disappointed but after they had played and beat the game, they thought that the 3rd person perspective work.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

But you could play max payne in fps too.

I agree. Although it takes them more time and money to make FPS but there are many fps games out there and seems for few people that the more fps games are there the better the case is ? :? I do understand when two people dislike third person camera games but when an entire industry praises every single fps game and only few who dislikes it, it makes me skeptical.

cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

3rd person perspective is fun and all, and it gives you a detailed character that you get to see. But, FPS is where it's at for this day in age. People want to get the feel of being the character and seeing the action first hand. Looking through the eyes of your player is just complete action and gives you that sense of feeling as if you are really there.

I enjoy fps style games, and am sure they are going to continue to make them.