Season passes? Do you support? Why?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By garfield360uk

Poll Season passes? Do you support? Why? (25 votes)

Support ? 28%
Do not support ? 56%
Don't care. 24%

Lately, and talked about since 2012. Season passes have been poking their noses where it doesn't belong. I've seen multiple games from Shadow of moridor, to Hyrule warriors, where games are being released, and the DLCs, and season pass is being advertised before the game releases. I grew up when they gave you the full content of the game, and after a while gave you the DLCs for free once the new packages came out. I know this will never happen again, but I disagree with people saying season passes are here to stay. I think if we stand together, publisher will see we will not take this any longer. Before gaming was what it is now they had to attract you, because it wasn't the norm, your parents, or school, or someone told you no, or made fun of you. We would not have purchased a game if the content was halved, but now people drop money for no reason, and believe they have too. Why? Why do you support season passes? let me know what you guys think. I personally have never supported a season pass, nor do I feel a need. I do support DLCs for Mass effect and game I truly enjoy, but pissed with ME:3 prothean DLC, if you know what i am talking about, and thats exactly what I am talking about. Halved content games at full price.

• 
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

The poll seems pretty loaded to me, can you change it please. You may not like season passes and that is fine, but let people put their views across without the negative remarks for those that disagree with you.

Thank you.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I haven't ever supported one, but I can't say I'd be against it. I have bought DLC/expansions before that I found were high quality, and assuming that's what I'd be getting in the Season Pass, then I'd support it.

That doesn't seem the case with most games though, and I really do dislike how obviously devs are already planning DLC years before a game releases. I dislike how often $60 games are turning into $100 games.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I don't support them.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I don't mind season passes as long as the DLC isn't map packs or minor cosmetic changes. I'd rather see story expansions above all of them.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

This poll seems pretty biased to me so I'm not going to pick any of those options. I will say however that I have no problem with them an have actually purchased several of them right when the games were released plus a couple after all or most of the dlc that was in them came out. If it's for a game of a franchise that I know well and know I'll want to get more then I'll get it right away, if I'm unsure then I'll just wait and see what kind of dlc it turns out to be. I really don't know why people have a problem with Season Passes. If you're unsure about it then just wait and see what the dlc is. There's no expiration date.

ryan347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ryan347
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Every time I bought a season pass, it backfired on me. Every time I preordered a game, it sucked. I will never do either one again. Everyone else can be guinea pigs for all I care

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Topic creator is clueless

They haven't cut the game's content, what they've done is extend it's life and added things normally they could never add.

A game with season pass content is a game that's finished and then it has extra content. It allows the devs to add things that would never have worked in the mian game package.

A perfect example is the Battlefield season pass, that's a game where each additional DLC adds more to the game and steers it away from the original game.

I'm really sick and tired of people spouting off on things they don't know about and then cling to the "old days".

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#8 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

What is the point having a poll about it when you make the poll answers like that?

Support (Don't care about my money)

Do not support (I don't like to be hustled)

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#9  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

They're fine as long as they fullfill a DLC release plan that gives value to such said pass.

What I dont like is a subscription that takes access to DLC away from you when you unsubscribe to such pass.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Im pretty anti-DLC in general. When i'm done with a game, that's it.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

@Garfield360UK: You're right I was a little irritated it was negative. How do you edit the poll questions?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@medafaded:

I have edited it for you, I assume that the poll responses will stay but I do not know for sure. I have the option to edit the poll by editing your opening post, however, I am not sure if you can do that (I think you can only edit within 5 minutes of posting but I could be wrong on that one).

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MedaFaded

@Jaysonguy:

@Jaysonguy said:

They haven't cut the game's content, what they've done is extend it's life and added things normally they could never add.

A game with season pass content is a game that's finished and then it has extra content. It allows the devs to add things that would never have worked in the mian game package.

A perfect example is the Battlefield season pass, that's a game where each additional DLC adds more to the game and steers it away from the original game.

I'm really sick and tired of people spouting off on things they don't know about and then cling to the "old days".

Who care what you're sick of, I'm tired of the newcomers getting hustled, so everyone gets hustled. I will sprout in your ear, till you're pushing up flowers. I care about my games, and money. I would like to give back to the gamer community. Sorry I am not a fool like you!

You have no clue what you're talking about. So you're saying because the game is finished it ok to start making DLC, and season passes ok, but if the game isn't released yet, then the extra content they are selling you, is content that should have been in the game. Its called nickle, and diming. Seems to me if the game is not released it is not finished yet, and ideas of change, or extra content is in play. They understand they can squeeze a few more dollars out of you, by taking out something, or adding it later. They look for people like you, to think they are doing you a favor, but what are you getting? Did you play ME:3 to know what I am talking about?

My point is I see what these companies are doing, and its not new. If new gamers continue to purchase passes without thinking, we will see more of these season passes, and less content in our game. ME:3 is a perfect example, and all the backfire bioware got from it. The protean DLC is from the very beginning of the game, which changes the whole entire game, also the locked characters that the PC players unlocked for free, on disc content. there are plenty of examples of this, look it up smart guy. EA laid the trap, and newcomers fell right in.

I for one like to play my games full content, think of mass effect 1, no DLC until the game was actually completed, I can always go back and play this game fully. If this continues they will release half games. Then you will have to purchase the DLC to continue to play.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

No. Its basically what should be in game any way. At one time it use to be called expansion packs what cost alot less and alot more content.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It depends, if it actually adds content to extend a story, then yes! If it's just skins, weapons and things of that nature, then no.

So for me, it would be on a game to game bases.

ryan347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ryan347
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

In my experience DLC is USUALLY stuff they leave out on purpose to make more money. Like when dragon age tried to charge us for a storage chest. Really guys? However, there are exceptions....

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I am sick with these type of posts.

Tonyx429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tonyx429
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

I don't like that developers don't include all the content when games are first released, but instead they have to release dlc's. If they are going to release content after the game is released, it would be nice if all dlc was free since we already paid for the game. Unfortunately most dlc is not free, but season passes do give a discount vs. buying all dlc's seperately.

So, I'd say I support season passes because it saves you money in a way.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I'm an old school gamer so it's not like this "new gamers are ruining things" flies with me. I buy dlc and season passes if I feel it's worth it to me. Others may not think it's worth it for them but that's not my problem, that's for them to decide. I don't buy all dlc as some I don't feel are worth it to me just like I don't buy all games because I don't feel they are worth it for me. I also don't begrudge those who buy things that I don't. It's called personal preferences.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

A deal is a discount, but Destiny is a rip off.

Usually DLC is 5-15 a pop well for the games I play.

They want to charge $20 each for content that is currently locked on the disk and to make matters worse the deal is that you "save" $5. Well leads back to what I first stated, DLC max should be $15 each -well that is the current industry standard- so what exactly did their consumers save? Pay full price for one DLC and then overpaid for another lulz?

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MedaFaded

I think of my games as a book, my personal hobby. Now if I purchased a book I wouldn't say hey! I get 5 more pages if I purchase the pass, I would say F that book. We are being sold books with incomplete pages, and that needs to stop.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

I say no, because I'm not a fan of paying for a product without having some idea of the quality first. It's a business model that should make any consumer a bit worried about the future, if the majority buys into this. Take BF4 as an example, people buy premium and DLCs starts to drop, the last one is barely out before a new BF is announced, they can push out more product in less time, a company can start to move on, before the consumer is ready to even grasp the idea of a whole new game, which seems more like a DLC with more DLCs no less.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@medafaded said:

@Jaysonguy:

@Jaysonguy said:

Who care what you're sick of, I'm tired of the newcomers getting hustled, so everyone gets hustled. I will sprout in your ear, till you're pushing up flowers. I care about my games, and money. I would like to give back to the gamer community. Sorry I am not a fool like you!

You have no clue what you're talking about. So you're saying because the game is finished it ok to start making DLC, and season passes ok, but if the game isn't released yet, then the extra content they are selling you, is content that should have been in the game. Its called nickle, and diming. Seems to me if the game is not released it is not finished yet, and ideas of change, or extra content is in play. They understand they can squeeze a few more dollars out of you, by taking out something, or adding it later. They look for people like you, to think they are doing you a favor, but what are you getting? Did you play ME:3 to know what I am talking about?

My point is I see what these companies are doing, and its not new. If new gamers continue to purchase passes without thinking, we will see more of these season passes, and less content in our game. ME:3 is a perfect example, and all the backfire bioware got from it. The protean DLC is from the very beginning of the game, which changes the whole entire game, also the locked characters that the PC players unlocked for free, on disc content. there are plenty of examples of this, look it up smart guy. EA laid the trap, and newcomers fell right in.

I for one like to play my games full content, think of mass effect 1, no DLC until the game was actually completed, I can always go back and play this game fully. If this continues they will release half games. Then you will have to purchase the DLC to continue to play.

DLC was underway before Mass Effect released, so yeah try again

You have no idea what you're taking about. Do you have any other hobbies you're actually knowledgeable about or am I going to come across an unfortunate thread like this one again?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wiouds

If DLC are in a book then you pay and get the complete book and can pay extra for side stories not apart of of the main story. It is just extra content that you can choose to pay for and it is the nicest thing they can do with the raising cost to make games.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MedaFaded

@Jaysonguy:

@Jaysonguy said:

@medafaded said:

@Jaysonguy:

@Jaysonguy said:

You have no idea what you're taking about. Do you have any other hobbies you're actually knowledgeable about or am I going to come across an unfortunate thread like this one again?

And the guy that clicked on a thread he was sick of reading is knowledgeable? Mass Effect released 11/07, the first DLC released in 3/08. I don't know smart guy, which one sounds first? Unfortunately you will see plenty of me, since I don't coward easily, to fools!

I have facts, so I DO know what I am talking about, and choose to use facts. So what else hobbies do you have that you're actually knowledged about, or am I going to have to respond to your uneducated comments in the future?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wiouds

@medafaded said:

@Jaysonguy:

@Jaysonguy said:

@medafaded said:

@Jaysonguy:

@Jaysonguy said:

And the guy that clicked on a thread he was sick of reading is knowledgeable? Mass Effect released 11/07, the first DLC released in 3/08. I don't know smart guy, which one sounds first? Unfortunately you will see plenty of me, since I don't coward easily, to fools!

I have facts, so I DO know what I am talking about, and choose to use facts. So what else hobbies do you have that you're actually knowledged about, or am I going to have to respond to your uneducated comments in the future?

The problem is that Mass Effect dlc suck and were very limit and can be said to be the worse ripoff from all dc from the Mass Effect games. That is why if they want to sell dlc then they should work on some dlc before the game is finished.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

....just saw the Borderlands 3 season pass pop up on steam..... I really want that game but what's the point when they will release $100 of dlc; most of it probably won't even be included in the season pass. You shouldn't be allowed to sell dlc before the game comes out. I mean... the game is already a copy of BL2 with new content... what the **** is wrong with these companies; what the **** is wrong with me for buying shit like this. it's a bit absurd. and the worst part is they have probably already made most of it.

There are times when a season pass or dlc does not provoke feelings of rage, they are becoming less frequent.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#28 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't think they're so bad in that they save money on buying all DLCs for a game. And that they stay around so you don't have to worry about buying them before the DLCs actually come out. But I don't like that they are rubbed in our faces before the game even comes out. Still, the idea of Season Passes are okay. I would just wait until after all the DLC of a game is out before buying one because otherwise you're taking a leap of faith. Overall, I can't fully say I'm for or against them. I just find DLC to generally be a rip-off relative to the main game. Sometimes it also feels like it should have been a part of the main game, so there's that as well...

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@pyro1245: DLC acceptable if the retail game has adequate content. Problem is most releases don't so kudos yeah that's right KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#30 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Seasons Passes have wormed their way into Lego games now. They can pretty much **** off for all I care.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i don't usually buy them, but i don't mind them as long as they don't take content out of the original game

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#33  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Season passes is both good and bad so i support them when they are from developers i know won't just rip things from the main game or release half-baked content like the first bioshock DLC or Mafia 2´s clearly main game content. But actually take their time to develop new content.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I wouldn't say I support it. The only one I've ever bought is for Borderlands 2, and while there was some good content, some of it sucked. So I don't think SPs are the best value. Personally, I would prefer for add on content to be free, but sadly that is not the case any more.