Sad eSports will be the biggest sport in the world..

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#1 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Really. Just to think that the biggest sport will be something where you sit in front of the screen is retarded. Short careers of retirement in mid 20's. 12 hours a day of unhealthy training looking at the screen.

I'm a gamer.. i played online a lot. There have been games i was really good at even best clan online and stuff like that, but i would never consider it a sport. Its a freaking videogame to play for fun! A hobby. I'm not Usain Bolt or Ronaldo by playing a videogames... its retarded in my opinion. Just one of the many things why everything is getting so lame.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It's really ignorant of you to act like eSports isn't a real sports while chess, poker and racing are all considered "real sport". Have you actually seen the skill some of those players have? Have you ever watched a pro Starcraft gamer play?

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

Really. Just to think that the biggest sport will be something where you sit in front of the screen is retarded. Short careers of retirement in mid 20's. 12 hours a day of unhealthy training looking at the screen.

I'm a gamer.. i played online a lot. There have been games i was really good at even best clan online and stuff like that, but i would never consider it a sport. Its a freaking videogame to play for fun! A hobby. I'm not Usain Bolt or Ronaldo by playing a videogames... its retarded in my opinion. Just one of the many things why everything is getting so lame.

I thoroughly disagree. It could be argued that traditional sporting "heroes" aren't actually all that talented. They just happen to be 6"5 and built like freaking tanks.

On the other hand almost ANYONE can be a pro gamer. It's pure skill based.

And I actually think it's quite healthy... they're exercising their minds and having some good fun and bonding at the same time!

Also, nobody gets hurt!

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

It's really ignorant of you to act like eSports isn't a real sports while chess, poker and racing are all considered "real sport". Have you actually seen the skill some of those players have? Have you ever watched a pro Starcraft gamer play?

Personally i don't consider chess or poker a sport. Racing is a 'motor' sport. But the difference between them and gaming is... they are real, while gaming is virtual... not real life. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings i don't consider videogames a sport.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@KillzoneSnake:

Great, the most useless "sport" in the world is being recognized for the isolation-creating wonder that it is. Someone remind me why this is considered a sport again?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts
@KillzoneSnake said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

Personally i don't consider chess or poker a sport. Racing is a 'motor' sport. But the difference between them and gaming is... they are real, while gaming is virtual... not real life. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings i don't consider videogames a sport.

Why do you think you hurt my feelings? You are not making a lot of sense in your arguing.So sport is whatever you personally think is sport? Would you like to share your definition of sport that obviously isn't the objective definition of it? And do you realize that you do need to be in good physical condition to reach a mental peak? Did you ever see how fast real eSportlers are?

Loading Video...

Do you really think you would have any chance against such a player?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44148 Posts

I think it's pretty awesome myself.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Im not into esports exept watching some Tekken world championships or join some tekken tournaments my self from time to time but i think it's really cool that there is such thing as esports, i would rather watch esports on tv than chess for instance. Is it a physical sport? well yeah kinda, your using your brain, your reaction and your hands and it is impressive how good you can actually get in some of these games. You got sports, you got motorsports and you got esports

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Esports are not at the top so lets wait.

The problem I have with the esports push is that it is one type of game. I can easily see that esports is and will hurt more games than it helps.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I don't understand the passion with sitting and playing chess, but I don't view it as "retarded" simply cause I don't share the passion of those that do and those that enjoy watching it. Likewise with Football ( soccer) which is the worlds most popular sport, I don't share the passion for it but I don't view it as stupid as a result.

A sport is anything that can be done competitively, wether it requires a highly tuned machine, body or mind.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#11 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

Well there's a reason they're called "eSports" and not just sports. They are in a different category from football, basketball, ect. I don't think anyone denies this. That said I fail to see anything wrong with eSports rising in popularity. I think the appeal is knowing anyone can be an eSports champ with enough practice.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#12 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Gaming is not a sport, just like chess and cards are not sports. And that's fine.

As for the popularity, I think it's okay. Who cares?